Horde/wave mode for Overwatch?

would it be a viable mode? I don't see it being a competitive thing but much like Zombie mode in CoD or Mann vs machine in TF2 where we have a team going against waves of enemies. I can even see it being part of the "lore" of overwatch where we have heroes deployed to some long forgotten Omnium trying to stop an army of robots from breaking out.

As soon as I saw the title, I was on board. I forget about that type of mode since I don't play CoD or Gear anymore. lol

I'd like something better than those lame little training robots, but yea the game is brand new so they could easily add-on to the Overwatch history and create some kind of army that you have to fend off with maybe a few key heroes or something ass "bosses." I'd play that fer sure.

Grab a widow and/or Hanzo to snipe from the backfield while guys like Lucio, Roadhog, and 76 fight up front, Maybe bastion to seal leaks.

+1 from this fan :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the combat system of Overwatch enough to probably enjoy any sort of PvE mode.

Wonder if anyone would care considering how much fun Competitive is. And there's that crazy mode, the brawl thing, along with just fun matches.

Another thought...what kind of progression would there be? Just time trials and high scores? Skins and sprays are a given, but what else?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

No thanks D: I rather have a fully fleshed out campaign once they are ready to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    No thanks D: I rather have a fully fleshed out campaign once they are ready to make one.
    Good Lord, I hope not. Prefect the PvP aspects first. Then go back and start refining them again. If I want one player mode I can pick up any of 12 million games for that.

Deleted
    Sign me in. I love zombie/horde mode options in many games. Would be nice distraction from the endless PvP that sometimes makes me feel like I want to do something else in the game, but there's nothing else to do. I'd like few different settings, like the basic one where you defend against waves that gets stronger all the time, and then something like ME3 had with some objectives popping up around the map that you have do, and some boss monsters spawning every now and then.

I'd love a proper co-op mode. It's the kind of thing I typically enjoy a lot more than competitive play, and bots are hard to design in a way that's super fun.

Single player campaign and some sort of an endless wave with leaderboards would be awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see something like that, especially after playing something similar i.e the 'Mann vs Machine' gamemode in TF2.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

would totally love something along the lines of Gears or wars horde mode where its just increasingly difficult waves, as much as id love a campaign for overwatch it would just feel out of place

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I like the combat system of Overwatch enough to probably enjoy any sort of PvE mode.

Wonder if anyone would care considering how much fun Competitive is. And there's that crazy mode, the brawl thing, along with just fun matches.

Another thought...what kind of progression would there be? Just time trials and high scores? Skins and sprays are a given, but what else?
    Well much like zombie mode in CoD:BOIII they would have some cosmetic unlocks. I can see gun skins being a bigger draw. Not gold but different variants.

Deleted
    What you're describing is not possible - Everyone would pick bastion and it would be easy.
    They would have to make enemies smart, be able to use abilities, come from behind, sneak, assasinate, shield, etc. It would be alot harder than it looks.

But it is a possibility - LATER. But don't expect it anytime soon, not even close-soon or "sometime".

Deleted
    Much rather them focus on the core multiplayer and release more maps and heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazoon View Post
    What you're describing is not possible - Everyone would pick bastion and it would be easy.
    They would have to make enemies smart, be able to use abilities, come from behind, sneak, assasinate, shield, etc. It would be alot harder than it looks.

But it is a possibility - LATER. But don't expect it anytime soon, not even close-soon or "sometime".
    Oh I agree they would have to come out with different classes and better AI for the enemy npc's. I would think if they ever did come out with one it be a ways down the road.

But this would be the ONE setting where they can bar hero stacking since its not your team against another that can switch on the fly.
    Last edited by Hella clutch; 2016-07-04 at 10:11 PM.

I'd rather have a siege mode. I admit I haven't played all that many fps games in a while, but there was siege mode in tribes2 (i loved that game). It was rather rare mode to be played though. Everyone were just playing CTF.

It would resemble KotH+Defence/Attack maps, but in Tribes2 it was that one team spawned outside of a large "fortress" and the other team spawned in the fortres. Idea was to defend against the attacking team that try to take over the fortres. It involved taking out generators so that you could reach a capture point, which I think was possible to get back. So I think you could consider it a Defence/Attack map where there are multiple points that can be recaptured, if lost. I'm fairly sure it wasn't even possible to get to the final point (three points) before the two others were captured, but it was hard to defend, if the two were lost as in you basically just had to get in and it was lost.

I really can'r remember specifics. Everyone wanted to play CTF .

15+ Year Old Account
    making horde mode would take a lot less time and money than an singleplayer/co-op campaign.
    Id pref the horde mode
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s