Alchemical Catalyst = Vendor Trash?

Is anyone interested in Alchemy stuff anymore? I think WoD made every guild completely self sufficient for Alchemy stuff, you just needed one guy being fed mats from Garrisons and you'd never have to worry about Flasks and Potions ever again. My guild still has hundreds of potions and flasks in the GB left over.

Looking through everything the only way to make money atm is to just vendor the Alchemy trinket, is that it?

Yep, until the pre-patch. After that the vendor cost of that alchemy trinket will be nerfed and may not be worth the money.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently the trinket sells for approximately 21g in Beta and PTR, compared to 25.32g in Live. So there will be loss of vendor price when the pre-patch launches, but not a huge one. Craft/Vendor all your stocks before the pre-patch, but you can still earn gold with this method after it.

I still find converting other sorcerous elements to Earth the best turn on investment from catalysts.

Especially if you're then turning those into bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

The trinket all be it for a very short time are going to become a few specs bis after the 19th. I imagine a few people will buy/make them just for leveling purposes are last ditch efforts for mythic kills.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    I still find converting other sorcerous elements to Earth the best turn on investment from catalysts.

Especially if you're then turning those into bags.
    I did that till I had about 3k Earth which should be enough to keep 5 Tailors making bags for quite awhile. With no bag update in Legion currently those bags are going to be useful for a long time.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    I did that till I had about 3k Earth which should be enough to keep 5 Tailors making bags for quite awhile. With no bag update in Legion currently those bags are going to be useful for a long time.
    Yes and no, with all the inventory space freeing up in Legion bag space, mostly bank space is going to open up a lot for many people. Bags will always be useful for new characters, but for existing toons bags wont be needed.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I just picked up 24 Hexweave bags on the auction house for about 850g each. That, and last-minute purchases of Medallions of the Legion (to get my main to Exalted with the Laughing Skulls and Vol'jin's Spear; though why I spent that gold, I don't know, because I don't want the rewards...; also to get my second to Revered with Vol'jin's Headhunters, so they could get the Oil Rig, and get the gold/crystal/baleful-gear loot), took 90k of my 215k stash. Sigh...

Oh well, I guess I'll be okay going into Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    3k earth is only 300 bags.... I've got more cloth than that now across my 3 tailors, not to mention what they'll make with the work orders I've got stockpiled.

I've got a full bank tab of sorcerous elements, about half of which are earth, and the rest I transmute as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Philosopher stones are what you should make. 5 catalyst and 1 true iron to make them and you get ~25 gold each. You can make a decent amount.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    3k earth is only 300 bags.... I've got more cloth than that now across my 3 tailors, not to mention what they'll make with the work orders I've got stockpiled.

I've got a full bank tab of sorcerous elements, about half of which are earth, and the rest I transmute as needed.
    Only 300 bags? What, are you running a sweatshop of 50 tailors on another account you're not telling us about or something?

Kept them for the transmutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================