Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Favorite NON-STANDARD class for RP

Hey guys. I was just wondering what classes you guys like to RP as that aren't available in game.

One of my favorites is my Human Battle-Mage, as I've always liked magic/sword wielding plate wearers, but am not too big on pally/holy light RP.

So what's your favorite? Is it a Shadow-Hunter, a Tinker, or maybe even a plain ol' citizen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very similar to you actually, but I prefer Belf, because Horde FTW.

I play a Belf Knight Enchanter (trapped for game reasons in the body of a Prot Paladin). He is a Mage who uses magic to fortify himself in the heat of melee combat. Protecting his allies with earth magic and smiting his enemies with lightning.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Dark Ranger. Takes a lot of effort to pull off. Until Legion, there are no Mail helmets that give you red glowing eyes, but there's several other ones, and several armors Dark Rangers wear can be approximated.

Troll Headhunters, Witchdoctors or even Shadow Hunters can be roleplayed out.

Deleted
    I rolled a Gnome Warrior with engi. Not much of a Tinker, but I call him a Mechwarrior.
    Sadly, very few armor mogs give his look the "clockwork" feel I need. I also use Mimiron's Head as a basic mount for this char.

Deleted
    I'm going to have to say the most satisfying I've played have to be variations of Spellblade. A fighter, whether rogue, warrior or tracker who reinforces themselves with spells and use them as part of their repertoire. Similar to the "knight enchanter" mentioned earlier (intriguing concept) and Battle-mage, Battle-mage mixes martial combat with magical skills but remains mostly focused on the magical aspect, the spellblade is the other way around martial combat and magical skills but mostly focused on martial combat. There's many ways to do it, you can play a warrior who uses abjuration to reinforce and protect themselves, play a rogue who uses illusion to make themselves invisible and a bit of a trickster or a fighter who quite literally light their swords on fire. Then you can also carry it over to a marksman in form of a spellbow, using arcane magic to enhance their archery or gunning.

I find these the most satisfying by far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    I'm going to have to say the most satisfying I've played have to be variations of Spellblade. A fighter, whether rogue, warrior or tracker who reinforces themselves with spells and use them as part of their repertoire. Similar to the "knight enchanter" mentioned earlier (intriguing concept) and Battle-mage, Battle-mage mixes martial combat with magical skills but remains mostly focused on the magical aspect, the spellblade is the other way around martial combat and magical skills but mostly focused on martial combat. There's many ways to do it, you can play a warrior who uses abjuration to reinforce and protect themselves, play a rogue who uses illusion to make themselves invisible and a bit of a trickster or a fighter who quite literally light their swords on fire. Then you can also carry it over to a marksman in form of a spellbow, using arcane magic to enhance their archery or gunning.

I find these the most satisfying by far.
    That sounds really interesting. I might do something similar with my rogue.

Another class I've "created" is sort of the evolution of an enhancement shaman. He's an orc that uses the elements to encase himself in armor made of earth and summons weapons made of magma or frost etc. It's kinda like the spellblade or knight enchanter really, but with elements instead of arcane.

I have a soft spot for Witch Doctors. My dwarven warlock right now is a golemancer. It's nice too. I normally like to play some of the darker classes, but since I don't want to run around stormwind as a graven one, I simply don't play this concept.

Deleted
    Oh right, I also found a way to work out playing a monk as a shaman, think of it like a different approach to enhancement. I was playing a WoD Burning Blade Orc with the monk class, but I played him as the shaman of choice of the Burning Blade, a Firecaller, he had a blade for intimidation purposes but no real clue how to use it. Well what I did with him is that IC'ly he would encase his hands in hot magma, use the shamanistic ability to keep them cool on the inside but molten on the outside... Hence Rorlak Lavafist was born! Now that was fun playing, because that power was seriously OP in normal melee combat. Cuz it's one-hit IK (insta-Kill) every time. Lavafists, you can melt all armour except elementium and pyrium.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I RP as a herbalist. In my head-canon, my character has observed some of the events in WoW from the background. Usually through being attached to various factions. In TBC, she worked a bit for the Cenarion Circle and so on. Keeps me away from the whole 'super commander' we've become in game. She is currently seconded to a guild, where she supplies them with potions, flasks and a bit of first aid in return for room and board at their Garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Hey guys. I was just wondering what classes you guys like to RP as that aren't available in game.

One of my favorites is my Human Battle-Mage, as I've always liked magic/sword wielding plate wearers, but am not too big on pally/holy light RP.

So what's your favorite? Is it a Shadow-Hunter, a Tinker, or maybe even a plain ol' citizen?
    Well, my mage is a Blood Elf Battle-mage.
    my Priest is a cleric (not fully paladin, but not a priest either).
    my Goblin is a Tinker.
    my main is a Templar
    and I have one citizen character, a chef.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I'm playing a Human Battle-Mage of the Kirin Tor right now (although he will probably leave the Kirin Tor in Legion, because of the Blood Elves). We have the T8 which is a great Battle-Mage set and there are some offhand items that look like staffs, so I also can play with the sword staff combination. Although, most of the times he fight like a normal Mage. After all, arcane magic will be always a better support for his allies than some swordplay.

Deleted
    I don't even know why "standard WoW classes" are even brought up at all. They only exist for practical game-mechanical reasons. A person's "profession" can be called whatever you choose. Sure there are class categories, but they have nothing to do with the in-game classes per se except for ex. Druids and Shamans.

There are many in-game classes that are more open to other names, like mages. Mages have a lot of different sub-categories after all. Rogues can be called whatever you damn like, and warriors are very standard and can also be named literally anything and no one would bat an eye.

Nothing is standard or non-standard. It is exactly what you make it; no more, no less.

My favourite though? My Rune-warrior.
    Last edited by mmoc8f5efb5d0c; 2016-09-12 at 03:43 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Old God worshipping Draenei. A Paladin during events in Wrath, she lost faith in the Light amid all of the death and undeath, and thus lost the ability to use the Light. Stopped believing it would help, so no willpower requirement to be able to cast it anymore, despite wanting it to. Feeling as if the Light already shunned her for temporarily losing faith, turned then to the next best thing, in her mind, with the power to stop the Legion - the Old Gods.
    Plays more like a Kor'kron Dark Shaman, or one of the Shadowmoon Orcs from WoD, using Void magic to control the elements, rather than the typical Shaman method of kindly asking them for assistance. Dual classed, OOC, SPriest and Shaman. Can also fit in Monk with the theme, should one want, since they confirmed that "Chi" is just another one of the spirits that Shaman call upon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talgriv View Post
    Can also fit in Monk with the theme, should one want, since they confirmed that "Chi" is just another one of the spirits that Shaman call upon.
    No Chi is the pandaren word for the element of SPIRIT. Not another spirit that shaman call upon, it's the element they use to call upon other elements and elementals. And the Kor'kron Dark Shaman did not use void. The Iron Horde Dark Shaman were the ones who used void, the Kor'kron Dark Shaman used the element of Decay.

Deleted
    No Chi is the pandaren word for the element of SPIRIT. Not another spirit that shaman call upon, it's the element they use to call upon other elements and elementals. And the Kor'kron Dark Shaman did not use void. The Iron Horde Dark Shaman were the ones who used void, the Kor'kron Dark Shaman used the element of Decay.
    When was that ever stated?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    When was that ever stated?
    somewhere during mop.

Formerly known as Arafal

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny, because uh...
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/436976368329293825
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/627166210862415876
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/663772650519420929
    Chi is their word for spirit, which is the same thing that Shaman use.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Questisrupt_the_Rituals
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Questark_Binding
    These I find notable because they're essentially stating that Shaman can use the elements to channel void, or the void to control the elements.

Though, you're entirely correct in that's only Iron Horde Shaman, and as such I do concede my point on the Kor'kron Dark Shaman. I was operating under the assumption that they used the same things, but after looking into it further, you're right - they do use Decay.
    Last edited by Talgriv; 2016-11-14 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talgriv View Post
    That's funny, because uh...
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/436976368329293825
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/627166210862415876
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/663772650519420929
    Chi is their word for spirit, which is the same thing that Shaman use.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Questisrupt_the_Rituals
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Questark_Binding
    These I find notable because they're essentially stating that Shaman can use the elements to channel void, or the void to control the elements.

Though, you're entirely correct in that's only Iron Horde Shaman, and as such I do concede my point on the Kor'kron Dark Shaman. I was operating under the assumption that they used the same things, but after looking into it further, you're right - they do use Decay.
    You said the same thing I did. Chi and the element of spirit being the same thing. It's an element called spirit, which is the primal life force that shaman tap into to summon elementals and also to heal. Pandaren simply call it chi. What I said is that chi does not refer to a spirit but the element of spirit, which is still represented by a spirit... There's 6 elements in the Warcraft universe: Spirit, Decay, Air, Earth, Fire and Water. From what I've gathered, they use the element of spirit to communicate with the 4 original elements we know of to seek their blessing to use their power... Look it all gets extremely confusing, but what it refers to is pretty much this: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Spirit_of_Life

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You said the same thing I did. Chi and the element of spirit being the same thing. It's an element called spirit, which is the primal life force that shaman tap into to summon elementals and also to heal. Pandaren simply call it chi. What I said is that chi does not refer to a spirit but the element of spirit, which is still represented by a spirit... There's 6 elements in the Warcraft universe: Spirit, Decay, Air, Earth, Fire and Water. From what I've gathered, they use the element of spirit to communicate with the 4 original elements we know of to seek their blessing to use their power... Look it all gets extremely confusing, but what it refers to is pretty much this: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Spirit_of_Life
    Oh! No, I understood that it was the Spirit of the Wilds/Spirit of Life and all. Think it was just a wording miscommunication, then -- I should've put it as "one of the," instead of "another one of the," I suppose. Might've clarified that a bit

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disciple. /10char