7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation DEMONOLOGY & PVP: Message to Demo PVPers!

A message to all PVPing Demo locks on live:

Please, please, PLEASE take Demonbolt as your level 100 talent.

And please, please, PLEASE do not glyph Unending Resolve. To actually do damage you NEED the interrupt resistance UR provides as an active mitigation/defense cooldown.

I’ve been PVPing as Demo since the middle of MoP and with all the ups and downs the spec as seen, Demonbolt give the spec its most optimal viability… well, my opinion at least.

But fake casting to bait an interrupt is a little different for Demo. Competent PVPers know Shadow Bolt and Soul Fire are not worth interrupting. More than likely your Fear, Drain Life, or Demonbolt will be the interrupt target.

“So why not just fake cast bait with Demonbolt? Get’s their interrupt out of the way. Problem solved.”

Because you cannot AFFORDto actually have that spell interrupted, even by accident. Number 1, it is Chaos damage type so you’d be locked out of EVERYTHING. Number 2, that is where your damage is. You cannot AFFORDto waste your window of opportunity for damage or to finish somebody off by getting interrupted.

If you aren’t using the Demonbolt macro (that automatically shifts you in Demon Form, pops all cooldowns + Dark Soul and casts Demonbolt for you while not losing cast time) then you are gimping yourself…

…and you need to have Unending Resolve to ensure your window is seen through.

To my Demo PVPer brothers in arms out there, PLEASE keep Unending Resolve un-glyphed.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    A message to all PVPing Demo locks on live:

Please, please, PLEASE take Demonbolt as your level 100 talent.

And please, please, PLEASE do not glyph Unending Resolve. To actually do damage you NEED the interrupt resistance UR provides as an active mitigation/defense cooldown.

I’ve been PVPing as Demo since the middle of MoP and with all the ups and downs the spec as seen, Demonbolt give the spec its most optimal viability… well, my opinion at least.

But fake casting to bait an interrupt is a little different for Demo. Competent PVPers know Shadow Bolt and Soul Fire are not worth interrupting. More than likely your Fear, Drain Life, or Demonbolt will be the interrupt target.

“So why not just fake cast bait with Demonbolt? Get’s their interrupt out of the way. Problem solved.”

Because you cannot AFFORDto actually have that spell interrupted, even by accident. Number 1, it is Chaos damage type so you’d be locked out of EVERYTHING. Number 2, that is where your damage is. You cannot AFFORDto waste your window of opportunity for damage or to finish somebody off by getting interrupted.

If you aren’t using the Demonbolt macro (that automatically shifts you in Demon Form, pops all cooldowns + Dark Soul and casts Demonbolt for you while not losing cast time) then you are gimping yourself…

…and you need to have Unending Resolve to ensure your window is seen through.

To my Demo PVPer brothers in arms out there, PLEASE keep Unending Resolve un-glyphed.
    Lysergide is bad for your health.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-07-05 at 10:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Lysergide is bad for your health.
    Duly noted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a PVE person, but in pre legion world I'm bored and been PVPING... I'm so bad at demo pvp it's insane lol I'm okay at destro tho... I need to watch more demo videos..
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple