Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    To be fair this applies to both of them.
    On the contrary, everyone thought Trump was a joke candidate until he started debating the other Republicans. Suddenly shoo-ins like Jeb Bush seemed like limp fish and the public started to rally behind Trump.

On the other side, Hillary polled reasonably well in the 2008 elections until she opened her mouth. It didn't take long for Obama to make her look like a fool.

Look people, you know the drill.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/president/

Everything blue (which is, over 90% of the polls ) are made of ''liars''. They are either interrogating ''liburals'' or 'illegal'', and those pollsters are 'lazy hippies''

The red ones, it's DAH ABSOLUTE AKKURACY.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the article the OP posted is 6days old, so im guessing the poll is just as old, if not older!
    though how this relates to the FBI thing today, im not sure!
    Don't bother with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    God bless MMO-Champ, where a pointing out a pollster's poor record is a logical fallacy as long as the wrong person is doing it.
    So you'll just dodge the point and insert a strawman? Okay, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Rasmussen hasn't been accurate since something like 2008. In the 2012 election, they had Romney winning by a lot. It's the poll conservatives go to when they don't want to face reality...

BTW, before anyone cheers on Trump, you should take the time to actually look at his business history. He isn't particularly successful (i.e. he's had more failures than successes). When he is successful, it usually involves breaking business deals (something you can't do economically with a country BTW). And he has an extremely uncomfortable number of connections to Russia (including elements of Russian mobs).

Clinton is hardly an angel, but that doesn't mean you should support a devil instead...
    Trump has erected about five hundred businesses. Of these, four went bankrupt. If you had that batting average in baseball you'd be the greatest player in the history of the sport.

The rest of that bolded post is sheer stupidity. You may as well say Trump's secretly made of evil nanomachines and wants to enact social Darwinism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Haha, yeah, their methods are entirely independent of their record with those methods
    Correct because polling methods are dynamic, not static.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is 6 days old, how can you possibly link this with the FBI's announcement today?

And besides, you have to look at aggregate polling.
    Because they're desperate as always... I mean, c'mon, "like a hero"!? From the same guy who made fun of people who"worshiped" obama like a hero??

It's fun to watch the gimp monkey dance like a bafoon in protest ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    In all seriousness, no poll means anything until the two get on stage to debate.
    in all seriousness, general election polls are rarely affected by debates.

and food for thought: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/
    above source correctly predicted 49 out of 50 states in 2012 and is widely known and respected for his prediction methods.

also: I'm not voting for either of them....so just chill
    Last edited by SirReal; 2016-07-05 at 08:04 PM.

yeah it's a fun fight this election, dont stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    So you'll just dodge the point and insert a strawman? Okay, I guess.
    No, I get the point, its just a dumb one, so I elected to make fun of it. Rasmussen's results here are questionable because they have a strong record of questionable results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Rasmussen hasn't been accurate since something like 2008. In the 2012 election, they had Romney winning by a lot. It's the poll conservatives go to when they don't want to face reality...

BTW, before anyone cheers on Trump, you should take the time to actually look at his business history. He isn't particularly successful (i.e. he's had more failures than successes). When he is successful, it usually involves breaking business deals (something you can't do economically with a country BTW). And he has an extremely uncomfortable number of connections to Russia (including elements of Russian mobs).

Clinton is hardly an angel, but that doesn't mean you should support a devil instead...
    whats the source for more failures than successes? last i heard he had something like 4 failed?

On the contrary, everyone thought Trump was a joke candidate until he started debating the other Republicans. Suddenly shoo-ins like Jeb Bush seemed like limp fish and the public started to rally behind Trump.

On the other side, Hillary polled reasonably well in the 2008 elections until she opened her mouth. It didn't take long for Obama to make her look like a fool.
    Alternatively, Trump is still struggling to even catch up to that "fool".

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Correct because polling methods are dynamic, not static.
    I mean... Wells is so close to having something to argue about, but I'm guessing he doesn't know the actual polling methods he's trying to criticize so he can only address their record as an indirect criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Look people, you know the drill.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/president/

Everything blue (which is, over 90% of the polls ) are made of ''liars''. They are either interrogating ''liburals'' or 'illegal'', and those pollsters are 'lazy hippies''

The red ones, it's DAH ABSOLUTE AKKURACY.
    To those on the right, a single poll is a single poll.

To those on the left, can you stop your supporters from speaking like this? I know you're trying to parody those on the other side, but you do this more often than they do and it hurts my brain.

Yes, he managed to make others look like bigger fools in the process. Doesn't mean he doesn't make himself look like one too. I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance at beating Hillary he says plenty to make himself look foolish. I'm not saying every word that comes out of his mouth does, but he's certainly had his moments.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    whats the source for more failures than successes? last i heard he had something like 4 failed?
    He's full of baloney. Trump has way, way more successful businesses than failed ones.

Trump has erected about five hundred businesses. Of these, four went bankrupt. If you had that batting average in baseball you'd be the greatest player in the history of the sport.

The rest of that bolded post is sheer stupidity. You may as well say Trump's secretly made of evil nanomachines and wants to enact social Darwinism.
    No, that's what Trump supporters are saying...

As for debate, the agressive Trump crowd apparently thik that dick jokes are an argument...
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-07-05 at 08:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

My grandfather had one business. It did not go bankrupt. By that logic, he was a MUCH better business person than Trump, because 100% non-bankruptcy rate is unbeatable.

Yeah but...last week Trump tanked in the polls and Hillary was the clear winner.

Maybe next week we'll find out Bernie is actually going to be the next President.

And then the week after that we'll learn something like "75% of Americans support changing the constitution to allow Obama 3rd term."

And finally with that revelation well find out Polls support Bill Clinton running against his wife!

Seriously though. Polls are useless, and if you really want any real value you have to aggregate like 10 polls using legitimate sampling methods.

Its funny that people think that any president really matters. In the end regardless of who wins, theyll all take orders from the same people anyway, theyll sit there in their office while people higher up tell them what to do.