Need help with picking a cpu

I'm looking to buy a new computer within the next couple of weeks. I'm mainly going to play WoW and would like that to run on ultra smoothly. I would also like to be able to run GTA V, Fallout 4 and maybe some upcoming games on high/ultra too. My guess is that a 1070 card will do the job pretty good. What I really need help with is, which cpu should I get? Will an i7-6700 be fine or is there other options that would suit my needs better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're doing medium to high streaming/recording, a 6600K with a mild overclock will do just fine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zriana View Post
    Will an i7-6700 be fine or is there other options that would suit my needs better?
    You don't really need an i7 for gaming, heads up. People who do are just looking for the epeen or don't know what they are buying. Like Chaz said, 6600K would be more than enough with an overclock.

Ok, thank you. Never overclocked before. If I overclock it to 4GHz do I need better cooling or is it good enough with the standard fans?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zriana View Post
    Ok, thank you. Never overclocked before. If I overclock it to 4GHz do I need better cooling or is it good enough with the standard fans?
    If you ever overclock you will 100%, always need an aftermarket cooler. I recommend the Corsair Hydro Series. A less expensive, easier option, would be the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, which is the standard overclocking cooler that many people use.

Alright. If I overclock the CPU, do I need more than 550W PSU?