Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Invade - no. But building a "wall" that is aimed at preventing people from fleeing the place is, pretty much, violation of human rights.

Then again, if you let anyone from countries with severe human rights violations enter the US just like that, there will be problems. So, in this case, to preserve quality of life, the US government pretty much has to sanction violation of human rights - despite all the treaties signed. Such is world, it is not always fair.
    I don't really think thats a violation of human rights...

But yeah, I guess Mexicans have all gained refugee status. I will expect the Eu will be ordering their country-states to take in X number of Mexican refugees now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't really think thats a violation of human rights...

But yeah, I guess Mexicans have all gained refugee status. I will expect the Eu will be ordering their country-states to take in X number of Mexican refugees now.
    As far as I know, according to UN human rights conventions signed by pretty much everyone, all residents of countries with severe human rights violations gain the right for asylum. The problem is, what is considered severe human right violations is not strictly defined... So in reality it only applies to citizens of few countries, worst of the worst, like North Korea, Cuba or Eritrea.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    He is a president, not a king. The Congress will never grant funding for the wall, and his promises to "make Mexico pay for it" are a joke. His idea to ban Muslims' entrance to the US also won't work, and I'm pretty sure it is anti-constitutional, among other things. Not really sure if anything among what he's suggested is going to go through...
    I doubt Donald Trump will have a problem shutting down the government until funding is approved, besides if elected, he will have clear mandate. As far as banning immigration, it is NOT un-constitutional. It has been done before by severely limiting immigration, https://history.state.gov/milestones...mmigration-act, the Immigration Act of 1924 limited immigration to 2% of existing nationalities already present in America and excluded Asia entirely, except the Phillipines (U.S. Territory) and Japan (severe restrictions on their side).

"In all of its parts, the most basic purpose of the 1924 Immigration Act was to preserve the ideal of U.S. homogeneity." Living in America is not a right, it is a privilege.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.