Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And yet the conviction rate is 10% as per the article. It's almost as if the legal system can't do shit about crimes that aren't reported.
    10% out of 10% is 1% of total. Can you count? And even that 10 appears to be 8%. That means 99.2% walk free.

Because an investigation is necessary to establish whether a crime occurred or not and a sentence is necessary for public order. What is also necessary is the right to refuse self incrimination which includes the right to refuse answering questions or to take a lie detector test. Because of things like burden of proof being on the accusers, presumption of innocence and the like. Things you apparently have issues with, but if Pol Pot is your spirit animal then that's your cross to bear and I don't know what else to tell you.
    Then why is detaining people for questioning allowed? If you are not allowed to do anything that will inconvenience someone. Just go ahead and admit you don't mind the number being unpunished, what else is there to debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    10% out of 10% is 1% of total. Can you count? And even that 10 appears to be 8%. That means 99.2% walk free.

Then why is detaining people for questioning allowed? If you are not allowed to do anything that will inconvenience someone. Just go ahead and admit you don't mind the number being unpunished, what else is there to debate.
    99.2% of them must have gotten away with it...

We are all rapists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Lie detectors have significant error rates, though.
    Most rape claims are false, too.

Now be a dear and actually read the second sentence. Yes, I'm aware of the number (though not substantiation of that number). That doesn't change the fact you're projecting unreported crimes on the justice system as if they were aware of all crimes happening Minority Report-style and that the unreported ones don't factor into how well or not they are doing.

Do quote me saying anything about inconveniencing anyone. Because for the life of me, I can't recall making such a post in this thread. And I do mind the number but I'm aware there is not much to do with it in the current legal system (at least in therms of convictions per se, the victims could be encouraged to report all rapes which would increase the number of rapes that are punished properly). Alternative to which is less civilized than that of Roman Empire. Again, I'm sorry I don't subscribe to the vision of a legal system championed by you and Pol Pot but I don't want one of the cornerstones of (western) civilization being dragged backwards by over two thousands years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Do quote me saying anything about inconveniencing anyone. Because for the life of me, I can't recall making such a post in this thread. And I do mind the number but I'm aware there is not much to do with it in the current legal system (at least in therms of convictions per se, the victims could be encouraged to report all rapes which would increase the number of rapes that are punished properly). Alternative to which is less civilized than that of Roman Empire. Again, I'm sorry I don't subscribe to the vision of a legal system championed by you and Pol Pot but I don't want one of the cornerstones of (western) civilization being dragged backwards by over two thousands years.
    Comparing me to a mass murderer is not helping your cause. All it accomplishes is, it makes me ignore your words as meaningless.

I would have taken a look at that immigration law first but okay

Nah, this is good

Why not give them the right to say no to an investigation/sentence too, releasing them from both?
    Yeah, you're right. Just shoot them straight in the face when they get accused. I mean, why the fuck even have a trial to begin with. Waste of taxpayers money.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So they did actually sign off the "Sippenhaft 2.0" as well? That one seems rather dodgy. I also hope the grope law goes both ways, because the media keeps referring to only women and I think frankly that is ridiculously sexist, as I don't enjoy being touch by any kind of stranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So they did actually sign off the "Sippenhaft 2.0" as well? That one seems rather dodgy. I also hope the grope law goes both ways, because the media keeps referring to only women and I think frankly that is ridiculously sexist, as I don't enjoy being touch by any kind of stranger.
    Not sure, media is flooded with "NO means No" law- bullshit, cant find usefull stuff right now. No meant no before the change as well but tell that to radical feminists heh.

Deleted
    Yes, the amendment about bystanders in group harassment cases was signed off as well and this one is really due to cologne. Trust in the judical system to apply it with reason.

While we are at it: Linadra once raped me. Of to the prison he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    Yes, the amendment about bystanders in group harassment cases was signed off as well and this one is really due to cologne. Trust in the judical system to apply it with reason.
    One can only hope, not eager to get into trouble just because the fucktard at the end of the table gropes the waitress, I don't even really know the guy and he is just there because he is the brother of one of my buddies girlfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post

While we are at it: Linadra once raped me. Of to the prison he goes.
    Sounds like you go instead for false accusation.

Sounds like you go instead for false accusation.
    Or we hook you up to a lie detector, have it show that you're lying since it's about as good of measure for this as a toaster or an electric toothbrush and imprison you. If anything, you'll be the one innocent one sacrificed so that the ten guilty ones face punishment and get thrown in prison with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.