Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the anti-gun people need to fight the gun industry by buying guns and fighting the gun people. Great plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's a whole lot of words that have nothing to do with anything I actually said, but OK.
    You dismissed discussion of terrorism as bad humor. That's exactly what you did.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I don't reasonably see how people can, in this day and age, state this kind of crap. Both you and the guy in the article.

It'd idiotic. He should have known better, now he's under investigation as he damn well should be. You should know better. Excusing this sort of talk as "it's only a joke" is the same kind of logic that promotes this sort of stupid behavior.
    It is not a joke. He is trying to make a point using rhetorical language. Because he is in academia he thought it would be easily understood for what it was not a threat but a way of saying how nothing will change the NRA's viewpoint on gun control.

He probably put the anti-gun friends in there so as to make it plain as day to even the most brainless of reader that it is not a serious threat.

This is a HUGE waste of the police's time beyond taking two seconds to see if they guy even owns a gun or has ever make any sort of threat of violence in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You dismissed discussion of terrorism as bad humor. That's exactly what you did.
    Your probably the guy that calls the cops when you see kids playing cops and robbers in the neighborhood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It is not a joke. He is trying to make a point using rhetorical language. Because he is in academia he thought it would be easily understood for what it was not a threat but a way of saying how nothing will change the NRA's viewpoint on gun control.

He probably put the anti-gun friends in there so as to make it plain as day to even the most brainless of reader that it is not a serious threat.

This is a HUGE waste of the police's time beyond taking two seconds to see if they guy even owns a gun or has ever make any sort of threat of violence in the past.
    Well next time a Muslim makes a statement about how he wants to kill a bunch of people he disagrees with, tell me how you feel about the police taking that as a joke.

I have no patience for stupidity and I have no qualms about sending the police to investigate every single threat, no matter how "humorous" people thought it was at the time.

He's an educated person, he probably should have put some of that education to use before he opened his mouth. He should count himself lucky he's white.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Based on what?
    The actual post itself. Try reading what the professor actually wrote. It's extremely obvious that he's joking, though he has a point'ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah the anti-gun people need to fight the gun industry by buying guns and fighting the gun people. Great plan.
    Again - he's joking for fuck sake. His very point is the absurdity of his argument.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Can't be 100% sure based on emotionless text, but that looks a lot like a joke. I mean, imagine if every online threat against anyone were taken seriously. You think people were serious about sending Trump to outer space?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Contrary to conservative beliefs its possible for a liberal SJW college professor to have a sense of humour. Right now somebody, somewhere is modestly proposing that we can solve intolerance by eating white christian children. I bet they're much tastier than those Irish brats.
    So joking about a mass shooting is acceptable now a days?

Well ok then.

Well ok then.
    Its better than saying a mass shooting is a false flag operation so Obummer can take our guns.

Of course I could be misjudging the actions of the NRA and they could be just playing an epic prank. Imagine 30-40 years from now and Wayne LaPierre on his death-bed. And his last words: "Pwnt."

That would deserve an imaginary tip of the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Do you have a point here other than, "Some guy said something that I know wasn't serious at all"?

It's funny because pro-gun groups talk about this shit all the time, and from every angle, but I don't see you posting threads about dumb things that they say about armed resistance against the government. Even when they actually get up and engage in crazy shit.
    I tend not to visit websites that post hokey anti-government type stuff.

Did you think I did for some reason?

(edit: well MMO-C counts sometimes)
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-07-07 at 09:31 PM.

Well ok then.
    So people are seriois when they say FL and CA should go sink in the ocean?

OK then.

Love all the people using the "he is in academia" line as though it's some sort of defense or justification, as though people in academia can't be as rabid and violent as the rest of society. How soon we forget the Mizzou prof who just got bounced from her position over calling for thug tactics against people.

Protip: Violent people are everywhere, even in academia. Sometimes the worst ones are found there, sometimes not. Point is don't defend the indefensible while trying to pass yourself off as a reasonable human being.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    So people are seriois when they say FL and CA should go sink in the ocean?

OK then.
    I don't know about sinking, but breaking off and becoming their own countries might be beneficial.

I don't know about sinking, but breaking off and becoming their own countries might be beneficial.
    Just proving the point that people are far more hyperbolic on the internet. Chances are if something sounds sarcastic or like a joke, it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Just proving the point that people are far more hyperbolic on the internet. Chances are if something sounds sarcastic or like a joke, it probably is.
    I dunno man, I've read some stuff on MMO-C that should have been satire but they were dead serious.

Ok, so let me get this straight: some liberal professor who probably doesn't even know how to fire a gun wants to load up with a bunch of his hippy friends and storm the NRA, the headquarters of the organization that prides itself in being armed to the teeth and knowing how to use a gun, and carrying at all times?

I say he should go for it. As long as he posts when and where ahead of time so I can find a decent seat and bring a bucket of popcorn. This should be funny as hell to watch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Again - he's joking for fuck sake. His very point is the absurdity of his argument.
    You seem very worked up over a joke.

So is the bottom line this boils down to "its only a joke" when certain people/types say things like this? I mean that is all I have gathered so far.

If someone had made the same tweet, but instead turned the topic to that of Planned Parenthood offices, I have my doubts the replies would be the same.

So is the bottom line this boils down to "its only a joke" when certain people/types say things like this? I mean that is all I have gathered so far.

If someone had made the same tweet, but instead turned the topic to that of Planned Parenthood offices, I have my doubts the replies would be the same.
    Dontcha know? Only liberals are allowed to "joke" about violently shutting down their political and/or ideological opposition. Conservatives are expected to shut the fuck up and not say anything even remotely combative or offensive.

When someone actually attacks an NRA member over gun lobbying we'll stop treating it like a joke.

PP offices and other abortion providers have actually had mass shootings take place there never mind vandalism and threats. I wonder what kind person would threaten PP? Would they have membership in a particular club?

Because after all this time, you seems to not even understand what the joke is about... Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with the American Second Amendment. The Joke is that NRA and Gun crazed idiots, have the second amendment as some kind of religious cult and their only defense is the reason the amendment was made for(For citizen to defend themselves incase the government goes corrupt and unchecked.) So if the Senate and lobbiest groups are so corrupt that they will shoot down any kind of change to the amendment..... lets USE THE SECOND AMENDMENT? Lets shoot em all up, its what the second amendment was "made" for.