Thread: Gordon Ramsay

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Gordon Ramsay

So Gordon has definitely earned his stripes in the culinary world. People seem to think he's a complete asshole because of his temper on shows like Hell's Kitchen. But the thing about him is whenever somebody challenges him he backs up everything he says with facts.

He recently challenged Bobby Flay to a cook off in which Bobby was a no show.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Thought this was a Gordon Ramsay is dead post.

He's still a dickhole and he knows it.

I legitimately would rather have seen Gordon Ramsay fight Simon Cowell, rather than Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao in that billion dollar fight.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I mean, I'm doubtful this guy is even a good chef. Just some fucking sleazy crook made popular by television media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Thought this was a Gordon Ramsay is dead post.
    Same here...

Him being a dick is an act. Just like Simon Cowel... It's the same reality show demographic...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post

I legitimately would rather have seen Gordon Ramsay fight Simon Cowell, rather than Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao in that billion dollar fight.
    That's just shameful, but I'm a sports nut... Mileage may vary...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

Except there have been many many times when he has been known to be a caring and thoughtful individual especially when it comes to kids but towards talented adults as well.

He just doesn't have any tolerance for idiocy or ineptitude as far as professionalism in culinary arts go.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    His attitude and swearing is all part of the show. If you see old shows of him (back in UK) he's much more friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That's just shameful, but I'm a sports nut... Mileage may vary...
    I like sports, but I don't like blow outs or bullshit passive dance-off fights that get overhyped by fair-weather fans. Could've brought boxing back, but it just killed it even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Except there have been many many times when he has been known to be a caring and thoughtful individual especially when it comes to kids but towards talented adults as well.

He just doesn't have any tolerance for idiocy or ineptitude as far as professionalism in culinary arts go.
    Well no shit, nobody with a TV show is going to call a kid a "fucking idiot" if they want to keep their show. Ramsay is an asshole. His methods of teaching seem to work, but it's not like being a fucking douche bag is the only way to get people to learn.

He gets nice towards the end of the show because that's part of his act, but that doesn't stop him from being a massive dick at the beginning.

I haven't specifically watched a lot his shows but from what I've seen is he's a dick when he wants to drive a point home or someone is challenging him, and usually puts them in their place. I'm sure a lot of that is scripted but at least the interview looked legit and he was typical self but he was entirely correct. i used to order well done burgers and steaks when I was like 12. Can't stand that now.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So Gordon has definitely earned his stripes in the culinary world. People seem to think he's a complete asshole because of his temper on shows like Hell's Kitchen. But the thing about him is whenever somebody challenges him he backs up everything he says with facts.
    Being right doesn't make you not an asshole. It just makes you an asshole who's right. It doesn't matter if it's just for a show, it's how he present himself to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post

Exactly this. He cares and he is passionate. He isn't yelling at people for no reason it is because it's either the people are failing page one paragraph one of running a kitchen or because he's told them time and time and time again on what they were doing wrong, showing how they do it right and they're still falling into old habits that don't work.

Hell one person who admitted and pulled out of kitchen work after seeing Ramsey (this was not in Kitchen Nightmares but elsewhere) not only had full support of Gordon but became a personal friend. The guy cares, he just doesn't want customers to have sub standard or even worse undercooked and deadly food.

To the person who said they don't think he has cooking talent. You don't get michelin star without being exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Buttholes can be factual...but they are still buttholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The guy cares, he just doesn't want customers to have sub standard or even worse undercooked and deadly food.
    And there is no possible way to do this without taking two pieces of bread, putting them on the sides of a cooks head, and making them call themselves an idiot sandwich? (late show reference, but still that's the type of shit he does.)

I can understand liking someone so much that you ignore basic logic to defend them no matter what, but jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Exactly this. He cares and he is passionate. He isn't yelling at people for no reason it is because it's either the people are failing page one paragraph one of running a kitchen or because he's told them time and time and time again on what they were doing wrong, showing how they do it right and they're still falling into old habits that don't work.

Hell one person who admitted and pulled out of kitchen work after seeing Ramsey (this was not in Kitchen Nightmares but elsewhere) not only had full support of Gordon but became a personal friend. The guy cares, he just doesn't want customers to have sub standard or even worse undercooked and deadly food.

To the person who said they don't think he has cooking talent. You don't get michelin star without being exceptional.
    Being passionate doesn't make you not an asshole. It just makes you an asshole who's passionate.

He is almost always justified in his outbursts. He usually deals with people who have never heard and are unable to take criticism. Ramsay gives them a good dose of reality to kick their asses into place.

And there is no possible way to do this without taking two pieces of bread, putting them on the sides of a cooks head, and making them call themselves an idiot sandwich?
    If you watch the entire episode that person was worth something much worse than that. Sometimes you need to use all the explicitness because they are that fucking stupid. As someone who has worked in kitchens for about 10 years some of those people on both UK and US Kitchen Nightmares simply put are a danger to themselves and others just walking into the kitchen and are so far in denial they borderline insanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    His attitude and swearing is all part of the show. If you see old shows of him (back in UK) he's much more friendly.
    Exactly. People who are interviewed all same the same thing. That the show is just a show. When the cameras are off, he is actually a really sweet man.

It is a reality show, and these shows cash in on adversity. If there was no 'clash' on the shows, no one would watch them.

Aside from that Chef Ramsay is an amazing chef, and knows his stuff.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well no shit, nobody with a TV show is going to call a kid a "fucking idiot" if they want to keep their show.
    Welp there go my chances of being a TV show host
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this a relevant. And funny. I <3 ERB.

He's a typical restaurant manager archetype, you have no idea just how stressful the job is. It turns saints into assholes and assholes into gods.