Valve employee "accidentally" shows off Left 4 Dead 3 file

http://www.gamezone.com/news/valve-e...3-file-3441303
    Around six months ago we heard a rumor that suggested Left 4 Dead 3 would be released some time this year. Before that, in January 2015, there were claims that Left 4 Dead 3 exists. A rumor support with pictures of Left 4 Dead 2's maps being remade in a new engine. So, rumors of Left 4 Dead 3's development have certainly been making their rounds.

Heck, we even saw Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 hidden files appear on the Steam Database.

Now, Valve has taken it a step further, they sent their own employee out to pour salt on the wound that is referred to as 'Valve's inability to count past two,' better known as anything related to Left 4 Dead 3 or Half-life 3 (the two games that will never exist).

Tristan Reidford, a Valve employee, recently posted a now altered tutorial for importing source engine assets into the Destinations platform. On of the images included in this toturial was a picture of a number of Reidford's files -- including Left 4 Dead 3 or as he labels it "left4dead3."

It's right here in this image, not the red circled thing, but on the left above "vr," "tristan"m and "portal." Apparently Reidford sees no gain in captilizating words.
    What could this mean?

Well, it could just be the same "hidden" nonsense files we have seen before, a cruel joke or a tease for an upcoming announcement.

I'll go with cruel joke because I'm jaded and desperately want Left 4 Dead 3 to be real, but don't trust Valve to count to three.
    Can Valve finally count to three?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

There's no way, no Valve game has made it to 3!

Seriously, I expect Left 4 Dead Episode 1 before a Left 4 Dead 3. Although I am a bit surprised they haven't released a new one yet, since the first two were pretty popular.

Deleted
    Why can't they leave the franchise like it is and focus on something new and fresh?

We don't need a sequel for the sake of it just like we didn't need a new Star Wars...

when it comes to games, I don't look at new releases as sequels but improvements on the prequels, either improving on the overall mechanics for a more fun or dynamic game, or updating the graphics to the modern standard.

also the new star was wasn't terrible, as they said, its star wars for the new generation, so it wasn't 'for the sake of it' they had a reason to continue the story, ppl wanted more story. lets not bring subjectivity into it.

in terms of game development, it has to be considerably easier to build ontop of an already established IP instead of trying to think up completely new ones.

as far as valve is concerned it would be silly of them to ditch their bread and butter IPs. although they most likely make a fortune from selling other ppls games on steam, its likely they could just give up game development entirely at this point.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-07-08 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If true, more zombie murder!
    If not true, less zombie murder

Can't get enough of Zombie murder.

But honestly, I would rather get HL3 first. But that's not going to happen.