Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Post George W. Bush lost 22 Million Emails

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...l-controversy/

For you Wiki followers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_W...il_controversy

A valid freaking point. He lost 22 Million emails, on a private server. Yet no media uproar at that time. If we want to pick at a party for faults and scandals, we need to leave that option available to ALL parties.

First, a quick refresher about what happened in the Bush administration. In March 2007, eyes were on then-Attorney General Alberto Gonzales after the administration unexpectedly fired eight U.S. attorneys. Congress (recently taken over by Democrats) investigated the firings, alleging that the administration had dropped the prosecutors for political reasons.

Over the course of the investigation, it came out that some White House officials had conducted White House business over private email accounts set up on a server through the Republican National Committee. The White House later admitted that some internal White House emails conducted on the RNC server might have been lost.

Democrats in Congress accused the administration of purposefully circumventing recordkeeping processes, while the White House said staffers were supposed to use the RNC emails solely for political affairs, not official business. Comparing the Bush and Clinton email scandals is not exactly apples to apples, but there are some similarities.

We looked back at media coverage at the time, and Williams has a point that it didn’t cause the same level of hubbub as the Clinton email scandal. Though to say there was "zero press coverage" is an exaggeration -- even allowing for a bit of hyperbole.

The Bush White House email controversy surfaced in 2007 during the controversy involving the dismissal of eight U.S. attorneys. Congressional requests for administration documents while investigating the dismissals of the U.S. attorneys required the Bush administration to reveal that not all internal White House emails were available. Conducting governmental business in this manner is a possible violation of the Presidential Records Act of 1978, and the Hatch Act. Over 5 million emails may have been lost. Greg Palast claims to have come up with 500 of the Karl Rove emails, leading to damaging allegations. In 2009, it was announced that as many as 22 million emails may have been lost.
    Last edited by Frostyfire14; 2016-07-08 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Added Wiki Source

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fantastic story, I agree, however none of those white house officials are running for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Fantastic story, I agree, however none of those white house officials are running for president.
    True but 22 millions. Guy should be arrested right away and put in jail for the rest of his life.

Am i doing it right?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    True but 22 millions. Guy should be arrested right away and put in jail for the rest of his life.

Am i doing it right?
    which guy r u referring to

Deleted
    Dubya should absolutely face charges in the Hague for the hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths he caused. After he'd be sent to the slammer for those war crimes, we could look at this issue.

Trump is, however, and... Trump obstructed federal justice by destroying 1000s of emails subpoenaed by a federal judge in 2006.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...dent/85795082/

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Twenty-two million? The fuck? Who were the people responsible for that bullshit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Bush also abused his power by giving amnesty to illegals. Definitely should be in jail.

All I have learned is this behavior is A-OKAY.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    Trump is, however, and... Trump obstructed federal justice by destroying 1000s of emails subpoenaed by a federal judge in 2006.

OK Bush--->Trump----->E-mails, Illuminati confirmed

Trump was not a white official during Bush's presidency

Your article states

In this case, while Trump was not accused of doing anything illegal at the time and he clearly was not a public official, there are, nonetheless, fascinating parallels between the events of 2006 and the current campaign.

L O L

What does this have to do with anything?

You knew it could not be long.... 8 years later, people still talking about Bush...... Is it really that bad that you have to go back to Bush....... again........ and again..... and again........

10+ Year Old Account
    22 million? Was he expected to go through them all? That's like, what, 10,000 e-mails a day?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account

Vote third party then, we don't need criminals in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    22 million? Was he expected to go through them all? That's like, what, 10,000 e-mails a day?
    C'mon, you know with the liberals/dems Bush is always wrong. He could run into a burning building to save a baby, dog and an elderly crippled women and they would still fault him. They worship the act of hating him.

which guy r u referring to
    As it was apparently run by the RNC, apparently everyone who was a part of the RNC at the time.

Edit: To be clear, that was sarcasm. I think having a private e-mail server doesn't meant shit, either when the RNC did it or HRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    C'mon, you know with the liberals/dems Bush is always wrong. He could run into a burning building to save a baby, dog and an elderly crippled women and they would still fault him. They worship the act of hating him.
    Enough with the generalizations. I know you guys can't resist doing them but stop.

Stahp!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Vote third party then, we don't need criminals in the White House.
    But you will have them and you will enjoy it.

So if I agree to jail Bush can Clinton go with him?

I'm OK with that. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Enough with the generalizations. I know you guys can't resist doing them but stop.

Stahp!
    Wasn't this a generalization?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.