Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    We never ended our conversation. Has your thoughts on Trump's policies changed? Did you eneded up agreeing with what I said or what happened?
    Sorry just replied to it but I don't have time to talk too much on what we were saying atm. Son has had croup But I can't read your link or video you said as I cannot speak that language.

I have not heard anything from Trump saying he would abolish the EPA and I do believe that would be impossible as an executive order? I am not sure on that one because Obama has been able to loosen up executive powers to a large extent.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    We're so fkd this election.
    Its basically worse vs worst.
    Makes the usual choice between a giant douche and a turd look like an enviable one

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yeah, Larry Wilmore is really likable, but his show kind of sucks.
    Agree. They pretty much mock the actual people they bring on, he can't corral the conversation to bring it on back, etc. Say what you want, but when I watch Bill Maher (when the occasion strikes), at least he can tell his panel to shut the fuck up and get back on topic or move it along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Here's more on this:

I have not saw the rest of the hearing, but this small section was dumbfounding. You could almost sense Jim Comey nodding in agreement with everything Trey Gowdy was saying. Just amazing.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

15+ Year Old Account
    From watching half of the hearing, I think Comey thinks Hillary is actually stupid. All the stuff talking about a reasonable or sophisticated person.... He claims she is not one.

Honestly I don't see how I will ever be able to vote for Hillary. Either she is a stupid person who does not know how technology works or she knew what she did was wrong when she did it and is not being punished by it.

Ill give it to some of the Republicans, they asked some good questions. Most of the Democrats spent their time playing politics, "Oh we did not have a hearing for X" and all pandering bs.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    It would be nice for a reporter of one of the establishment channels, who gets to interview Hillary (meaning, of course not Fox News), to ask her about these blatant lies, and just use the words lie and liar, and see how she tries to talk herself out of it.

But, of course, that will never happen. Not even in the debates. Well, perhaps there'll be a Fox News debate.

Liars tend to lie to cover up lies. Would be nice to see the depth of the hole she digs for herself now that the FBI has called her a liar several times.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Cenk's Final Judgment on the issue, on Hillary's lies, the FBIs unwillingness to bring charges, and the GoPs amazing speed to throw Comey under all kinds of buses.

Some more tidbits about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I really dislike Maher. I think the guy sucks the smug out of his own ass.
    He can be. But he's able to steer the panel back to the topic rather than Larry can. Was just pointing out the different between them.

Deleted
    This is off-topic a bit for this thread, but since Maher was mentioned, I'd just like to say something...

Maher might be a "cool pothead" and supposedly so "hip" and so on, but goddamn he sometimes just reeks of being a millionaire (he gave away a million to Obama so he's got several left trust me), and how old and out of touch he is. He's like a grandpa who doesn't know how to use the compjutor. I love him for being an almost militant atheist, and he's definitely funny at times, but man his age, richness and out-of-touchness just shows through soo much.

Colbert is also one of those people who I just really shouldn't have looked at closer. I loved his parody character, because knowing that it was parody, the zealous Catholicism didn't bother me at all. Or, the "I'm so rich" and "I'm a part of the establishment" that the parody character reeked off, because that was the point. Now, on the Late Show though, sigh... It's the first time a late night show has been that overtly religious, because Colbert is, in real life, a zealous Catholic. It's amazing that a man who's that well versed in fantasy stories (he's like the know-it-all of Tolkien's stuff, as well as million other things) can't see that one fantasy story is just as much of a fantasy as another. Also, his douchebag dismissiviness of Bernie Sanders just reeked of "I'm a millionaire so fuck off with your taxing the rich ideas."

Having had that revelation, I actually think, and this is tying this back to the topic of the Daily Show, that Jon Stewart was the true atheist out of those two. I mean, sure, he's about as Jewish as you get, but I'm not sure he honestly ever talked about God quite as fervently as Colbert did. Colbert actually has an often used segment where he reminds everyone how religious he is.

So yeah, Jon Stewart was definitely the king of political comedy and satire, but Trevor Noah isn't a bad thing. Noah, much like John Oliver, brings a foreigner's perspective into the political comedy scene, and can feel free to say "hey US, you guys are dumb" every now and then, because he's not American. Oliver, though, is starting more and more to talk about "us" as if though he's American already, which he isn't, of course. Larry Wilmore just sucks, and so does his show format. Every which way till Sunday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It would be nice for a reporter of one of the establishment channels, who gets to interview Hillary (meaning, of course not Fox News), to ask her about these blatant lies, and just use the words lie and liar, and see how she tries to talk herself out of it.
    Eh, this is not how journalism works. You don't just get to insult and accuse someone like that and expect a reasonable response. There is journalist ethics, and a journalist behaving like you suggest would probably lose their job next day.

What they could ask, however, is something like this: "Ms. Clinton, what would you say to all the people calling you a liar because of your words that they see as contradicting the FBI version?"
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Dear Americans... can you please get Clinton your next president? Our media is like some alien watching you... just get Clinton President, be happy, make me happy, make the world a better place...

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't have finished the investigation while she was running against Bernie. She would have been toast.