Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Because it is never wise to believe professional lairs.
    I wouldn't mind him. He's a Stormfront regular and a delusional White Cop apologist who would sooner melt down from cognitive dissonance than admit that America has a very real problem when it comes to police and gun violence.

"That bright young man with a promising future suddenly charged at me as he rambled about how much he hated life! It all happened just before multiple unicorns flew in from the sky to offer me a pay raise!"

The sooner we are rid of cops like these the better.

Read the first line. Stopped caring.

Silly OP. Only black lives matter...when it's taken by a white man.

10+ Year Old Account
    So where is #alllivesmatter?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

How long is the training of cops in USA and what does it entail? I know each state has differences, but overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Das racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    How long is the training of cops in USA and what does it entail? I know each state has differences, but overall?
    Like 6 months or so in academy and a probation period. I can get in more detail but I'm not doing that on my shitty autocorrecting iPhone.

It ain't bad, but they don't exactly train for combat. And some folks are legit scared when they put on that uniform and jumpy. I mean, what college grad has the sense to calm his nerves and not go for a gun in a heartbeat?

Not saying they are all bad. In truth, all this is is the media focusing on what gets views. As proven by this story being ignored by most. When the media uplays shit people start to believe there is a serious issue.

Notice how little we are talking if Isis now? You think they just stopped being stupid? The media just started focusing on what gets better ratings. Which is why every fucking day we hear something new about Trump.

We have an issue;but it's not as bad as it appears. Our cops are mostly restrained and trained well and generally good people. The issue is that the few bad apples get the spotlight and the media makes it look like we have an epidemic.

What you dont understand is that its not thats hes not black its that if the majority of americans see that police kill everyone black or white, they might be more inclined to change the system that causes it (police training being bad). But the powers that be dont want that at all. they dont want police officers that that actually protect and serve cause when it comes time for them needing protection its gonna be hard to buy honest cops. Also the #Alllivesmatter people should be up in arms about this. #blacklivesmatter guys told me about this tragic and horrific event though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, average length of training for police is 761 hours (19 weeks, assuming standard 40-hour weeks). 1/3rd of programs require field training in addition to class work, which averages 453 hours (11.3 weeks).

Page 6, table 10. Table 11 gives a breakdown of the course hours.

According to what I can find, the extreme ends of the spectrum are California (888 hours) and Georgia (408 hours).
    Last edited by Masark; 2016-07-08 at 05:48 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    What you dont understand is that its not thats hes not black its that if the majority of americans see that police kill everyone black or white, they might be more inclined to change the system that causes it (police training being bad). But the powers that be dont want that at all. they dont want police officers that that actually protect and serve cause when it comes time for them needing protection its gonna be hard to buy honest cops. Also the #Alllivesmatter people should be up in arms about this. #blacklivesmatter guys told me about this tragic and horrific event though.
    Pro tip. That's not cops job.

I shit you not. I looked into it myself and most police departments are not there to protect people and serve them. If a cop sits back and watched you get stabbed to death, he is totally in the right so long as he arrests the person who killed you.

Look this stuff up. What people think and the reality are often two separate things.

Presumably still in their parents' basements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Presumably still in their parents' basements.
    We have jobs. We're busy working and taking care of our families.

7+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of cops are good people, please don't generalize and paint with a broad brush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The vast majority of cops are good people, please don't generalize and paint with a broad brush.
    Are accessories after the fact "good people" also?

At first I thought you were saying I was wrong. Then I re read and went to your link.

It kinda sucks to be honest and my mind was blown when I realized the facts.

Obviously only #Bluelivesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I am saying you are wrong. Sort of.

You are technically correct, but the technically correct answer in this case doesn't really tell the full story. The main point of the ruling is that you can't sue the police simply for being the victim of a crime because that puts police in an impossible to win situation where they'd basically have to divert all funding to paying out settlements. They'd have to be negligent in particular situations. However, in a more common and common sense approach, the responsibility of the police is essentially what people understand it as–to protect and serve.

I wasnt talking about that ruling though in my example. And I'm fine with being technically right since that is an unbiased form of being right.

The fact is that a cop does not have to save your life. Most will try and that's great, but they don't have to. It's not their job. People think they are obligated to and that is false. Even your source states that.