Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No, it's an argument that PDs should make judgment calls around what level of danger their officers will be in. BLM has shown time and again that their "peaceful protests" turn into dangerous events all too frequently.
    Seems like some serious confirmation bias given the widespread entirely peaceful demonstrations recently but the handful of ones that went south, even assuming those were the fault of protesters.

Its also worth pointing out that rolling up to a peaceful protest in riot gear is pretty explicitly escalation.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    From one extreme to the other now? Bad things happen so lets just give police forces with a history of corruption carte blanche to do things like use drones to blow up US citizens on US soil without a trial?
    Drone or bullet. He was going to get killed by one of them because he wasn't surrendering. He was given that option. So he chose suicide by cop while killing as many as he could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Drone or bullet. He was going to get killed by one of them because he wasn't surrendering. He was given that option. So he chose suicide by cop while killing as many as he could.
    That's certainly what the DPD are claiming, I'll give you that.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Youre repeating yourself. Still a buzzword and doesnt contradict what i said. Defensive tools to deal with 21st century threats. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Youre repeating yourself.
    Well it seems like some people have a problem with reading comprehension.

The exponential increase in the use of military equipment and tactics by police is troubling for some people. Of course it may not bother you until it effects you or your family directly. I am actually capable of empathizing with the people who are worried about it though.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The exponential increase in the use of military equipment and tactics by police is troubling for some people. Of course it may not bother you until it effects you or your family directly. I am actually capable of empathizing with the people who are worried about it though.
    Are we empathizing with them because thier family member did something that required such a thing or because they think the cops are going to send robots into the area because they used it to stop an active shooter who also happened to hit a few black people who were not cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    That's not what I said at all, I was only replying to the bold part so just ignore everything else you wrote but the bolt part. I am surprised you can't understand what I was highlighting and I don't have the patience nor the time to explain it to you. You are either playing coy are very thick headed, which is it?
    Don't bother. He has an extremely hard time comprehending things and likes to bait people and then lead them off on a different tangent about something retarded and/or unrelated. And then thinks he's somehow won the conversation/debate when you simply just get to annoyed/tired to continue on dealing with him.

But I guess people gotta get their jollies somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    You are deliberately leaving out some very important facts that have been pointed out to you over and over again, yet you continue to drivel on despite this.

The two cases are apples and oranges.

Case 1 the Kid who shot 9 church members.

1) Fact he was not a active shooter.
    2) He was pulled over 250 miles away from the scene.
    3) he did not have the weapon on him, he did not shoot at the police.
    4) he did not resist arrest

Dallas police killer
    1) fact he was a active shooter
    2) He Was still shooting at the police during the negotiation attempts.
    3) he told the police he was going to kill as many white people, and cops as he could. He woill notbe taken alive.
    4) And I cant stress this enough ...HE WAS SHOOTING AT THE FUCKING COPS OVER AND OVER

You are simply ignoring facts to push your false narrative that the tow cases are the same. They were not. You know nothing of USE of Force tactics . All you have demonstrated is you are a Cop hater
    Don't bother. He literally thinks that everything he says is right and everything anyone else says is either wrong or that they aren't smart enough to form their own valid opinions on anything. He's done it over and over in several other threads. And he's a snarky, condescending little bitch about it the whole time too. And then acts like you're the bad person for responding to him in kind.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I didn't expect that, I expected the police to execute him without a trial and that is exactly what happened.
    I'd love to see you be the one to try and apprehend the shooter alive after he made it blatantly clear he wasn't going to give up and was going to continue trying to kill anyone that came near him.

Oh that's right, you'd never do it. Instead you'd rather sit on your ass in front of your computer, acting like some self righteous Internet warrior, and do nothing but criticize and put down the very people who are sacrifice their lives to keep your sorry ass safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That is why they tried to negotiate with him for over 2 hours. He was a imminent threat to not only the police officers lives but the general public as well. HE forced their hand.

As for the use of "drones" you make it sound like these machines are running independent on their own and making decisions via AI. They are operated by a human. No difference between being taken down by the robot or having the police officers rush in and do it with guns, except this way no more police officers died.
    There was also a concern that he bobby trapped the area and could be wearing explosives.

Police equipment and tactics have evolved with the times and technology. Of course they will benefit from some military style gear like body armor and APC's. The threats they face today are much greater then in the past with Terrorist and heavily armed drug cartels and Gangs. I dont begrudge the LE community for adapting to the times and using the gear that will enable them to get the job done. NOw when the Police start patrolling the streets in M1A1 tanks, using F18 and firing missels from UAV then maybe there will be a case.
    As body armor and equipment evolve so too with the Police. But realize its not just your everyday beat cop getting this gear, it is the specialized units. If it keeps us safer and no constitutional rights are violated then I have no issue with it. Every Cop deserves to come home and night to be with his family.

- - - Updated - - -

What part if imminent threat to lives dont you get? Tell me, if some nut case had your family hostage and was threatening to kill the would you want the police to have the best gear available or are you worried about the guy trying to murder your family being treated nicely. You end the threat any way possible to avoid the further loss of lives

- - - Updated - - -

And yet in many areas the LEO are out numbered and out gunned by Drug cartels and violent street gangs. Do you want them to use harsh language to get the job done so your sensibilities are not hurt?
    Get out of here with the logic! People like Espe don't have time for that shit! They're to busy trying to push their own agenda and berate all the people that don't agree with them!

Jesus dude, we get it, you don't like him. This is just fucking silly.

No. You just have a problem of repeating yourself over and over again until the person you're dealing with just gets tired of your bullshit and ignores you. Then of course you act like you were the only right one in the conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Jesus dude, we get it, you don't like him. This is just fucking silly.
    It's not even that. It's his retarded narrative and agenda pushing he does and how everything he thinks he says is 100% right and irrefutable. That and the constant goal post shifting he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Until you yourself are in a situation where these "militarized" cops are the only thing that are capable of saving you and/or your family. Then you'll be all for it right? Oh wait no....that's right.....publicly you'd still act like you hated the cops and their equipment in order to save face with your retarded agenda....while deep down you'd know you were fucking wrong the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post

It's not even that. It's his retarded narrative and agenda pushing he does and how everything he thinks he says is 100% right and irrefutable. That and the constant goal post shifting he does.
    Dude, you stitched together 4 posts just to flame a guy.

And that's nothing compared to him ranting, flaming, and baiting throughout entire threads at people simply because he feels the need to either prove how he thinks he's right or push some narrative/agenda onto others. If you're gonna call people out on stuff, at least do it equally or start with the ones who are worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was worth shattering his entire worldview just to see him come so unhinged.

I can't stand people who gleefully advocate for mass harm.

Oh yes. Empathize with those whose poor families werent able to kill the cops because they were in an armored vehicle. Oh the humanity!

I think anyone with common sense would understand why someone in a dangerous profession would want protect themselves when their lives are threaten every day

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think anyone with common sense would understand why someone in a dangerous profession would want protect themselves when their lives are threaten every day
    It depends on what they're doing to protect themselves. The police are not a military force and they shouldn't be treating suspects as enemy combatants, even if doing so might keep themselves safer - we have rights afforded to us by the constitution and even if respecting those rights puts them at greater risk, they're obligated to respect those rights.

To take your argument to the extreme - I'd certainly be a lot safer if the rest of the world was dead... does that give me a license to kill?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    It depends on what they're doing to protect themselves. The police are not a military force and they shouldn't be treating suspects as enemy combatants, even if doing so might keep themselves safer - we have rights afforded to us by the constitution and even if respecting those rights puts them at greater risk, they're obligated to respect those rights.
    How about you go join the Dallas police force and be the example and not wear any tactical gear by potential rioters. No sane person would do that.

To take your argument to the extreme - I'd certainly be a lot safer if the rest of the world was dead... does that give me a license to kill?
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post

I think you went off the rails
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    If only the police hadn't gunned down innocent people.

Even legal gun owners are being murdered by cops, why aren't the nra organising one of their hate rally's over this?
    Over the past decade, there have been a handful of questionably legitimate shootings of black people by law enforcement. When you consider just how many people are shot in total by law enforcement over the period of a year, I think you'll find that these particular shootings that the media is saturating us with at the moment are a tiny fraction of 1% of total shootings.
    FAR more black civilians are shooting other black civilians. But oh no, this is all about black folk being shot by police, because obviously every single black person shot by a police officer was innocent, right?

BLM need to pull that stick out their ass. If they want to stop so many black folk from getting shot every year, they need to convince these black folk to stop committing violent crime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Over the past decade, there have been a handful of questionably legitimate shootings of black people by law enforcement. When you consider just how many people are shot in total by law enforcement over the period of a year, I think you'll find that these particular shootings that the media is saturating us with at the moment are a tiny fraction of 1% of total shootings.
    FAR more black civilians are shooting other black civilians. But oh no, this is all about black folk being shot by police, because obviously every single black person shot by a police officer was innocent, right?

BLM need to pull that stick out their ass. If they want to stop so many black folk from getting shot every year, they need to convince these black folk to stop committing violent crime.
    You were gone for a week, I was so happy .