Case airflow and PWM hub advice

Hello guys. Need some advice regarding airflow and fan control

I've decided on the Enthoo Pro as a case. My first question would be airflow. I have an H100i GTX as cooling with the default fans *for now*. This is my layout plan

I'm aiming to get a slight positive air pressure to minimize dust. I also oriented the radiator/fan that way based on the Linus video regarding cleaning/dust on radiators. As you can see, I THINK I wouldn't have a positive air pressure with that setup (please correct me if I'm wrong). What would be the best way to achieve a positive flow? I'm thinking

- Make the rear exhaust as intake and filter dust somehow
    - Replace the 200m front intake with *something*

Second part of my question is regarding the PWM hub of the Enthoo Pro. I THINK I have an idea how it's used but I want some confirmation to the knowledgeable people here or the owners of the case.

My Mobo is the MSI Z170A SLI PLUS. According the the specs, it has a CPUFAN1-2 and SYSFAN1-3. What would be the best way to connect the fans?

1. All fans to hub including the H100i fans, connect hub to CPUFAN1 then connect the 12v SATA
    2. H100i fans to CPUFAN1. All other fans on hub then hub to CPUFAN2 then connect 12v SATA
    3. H100i fans to CPU FAN1. All other fans to hub then hub to SYSFAN. DON'T CONNECT 12v SATA.

Also, if I'm going to have to buy extra fans, do I have to buy PWM fans like this for it to work on the hub?

Thanks a bunch in advance for the help.

if the h100i gtx is anything like the original h100i i have, you connect the fans on the radiator to the pump itself, which gets power from a sata connector (and maybe the usb connector?). then you setup a fan profile using the corsair link software.
    also if the h100i gtx default fans are the corsair sp-120's they are actually pretty good.

if you have pwm case fans i guess you can use your the hub thing, but i cannot help with that specifically.

positive pressure is higher airflow coming in than going out, unless your 200mm fan has super duper air pushing power it is prob gonna lose out to three exhaust fans. turning your 140mm to an intake may help, but without knowing the airflow of these fans the sp-120's on your rad may be higher still, depending on their speed settings too.

look up the airflow numbers for your fans, look up the airflow at the rpm ranges you are looking to run them all at. then it is simple maths, bigger number wins.
    Last edited by the boar; 2016-07-08 at 07:22 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall13 View Post
    What would be the best way to connect the fans?

1. All fans to hub including the H100i fans, connect hub to CPUFAN1 then connect the 12v SATA
    2. H100i fans to CPUFAN1. All other fans on hub then hub to CPUFAN2 then connect 12v SATA
    3. H100i fans to CPU FAN1. All other fans to hub then hub to SYSFAN. DON'T CONNECT 12v SATA.
    These two are both valid choices, the first is simpler, the second is better if you want different PWM curves for CPU/case fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall13 View Post
    Also, if I'm going to have to buy extra fans, do I have to buy PWM fans like this for it to work on the hub?
    No, that's one of the main features of the hub, it allows you to connect PWM or non-PWM fans to a PWM header (the hub adjusts the voltage to non-PWM fans based on the PWM signal it receives).

Deleted
    I am with boar on this. The h100i fans have to be connected to the pump and then the pump will have a usb connected plus a connector for the mobo cpufan. For the layout now you want a little more incoming air than going out. On idle you won't have problems with this setup but during gaming one 200mm fan won't cut, not even close. When h100i ramps up speed you need serious airflow in the case to negate that. Your best bet and easier setup is to have the back as intake and slap an external magnetic dust filter. Except h100i fans all the rest you can connect to the hub provided there is enough cable length to reach it else connect to motherboard.

As a side note, tell us how the gtx h100i fans are noise wise. The older h100i fans were very loud, had them replaced with Be quiet!shadow wings ones and set a custom curve on corsair link.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I thought that the 200m would be enough because I would assume that the radiator orientation would be cut the airflow a bit from the top exhaust.

What do you guys thing would be a good solution for the front intake then? Would replacing it with, lets says, 2 140mm AF fans be enough?