Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Good knews! The good ol' days never left! You're still perfectly free to pretend there is no systemic racism in the US!

Oh but sir, you've deceived us! I can see plainly here you're still managing to maintain the delusions enjoyed by many white Americans in the 80s and 90s just fine!
    I don't know. I've been pulled over a litany of times while black. Each time, their was a verifiable error. And each time, I wasn't treated like human scum because I wasn't hostile out the gate.

I like being a white American or white supremacist because I don't think acting like a bunch of idiots is going to help anything. Oh well, back to wondering why people approve of a group that, somehow magically, attracts yahoos that want cops dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I don't know. I've been pulled over a litany of times while black. Each time, their was a verifiable error. And each time, I wasn't treated like human scum because I wasn't hostile out the gate.

I like being a white American or white supremacist because I don't think acting like a bunch of idiots is going to help anything. Oh well, back to wondering why people approve of a group that, somehow magically, attracts yahoos that want cops dead.
    Are you implying that a documented phenomenon doesn't happen because it happen because it never happened to you? If so then thats just silly.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Way to support a terrorist organization

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Are you implying that a documented phenomenon doesn't happen because it happen because it never happened to you? If so then thats just silly.
    I'm Implying that, bare minimum, being a black doesn't guarantee negative interactions with cops or white people. That's the message that's been allowed to propagate and I am opposed to telling people life's going to be terrible for being black/wonderful for being white.

Does not one else understand what a self fulfilling prophecy is? Does not on see the irony in talking about how people need to be educated to end racism and basically teaching a race of people that cops are out to get them and, somehow, only them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'm Implying that, bare minimum, being a black doesn't guarantee negative interactions with cops or white people. That's the message that's been allowed to propagate and I am opposed to telling people life's going to be terrible for being black/wonderful for being white.

Does not one else understand what a self fulfilling prophecy is? Does not on see the irony in talking about how people need to be educated to end racism and basically teaching a race of people that cops are out to get them and, somehow, only them?
    Yeah...I'm not sure people are saying that being black guarantees negative interactions with the police...
    The BLM protesters in Dallas were getting along with the police quite well. Most BLM demonstrations also have no problem with white people joining, the Civil Rights Movement wasn't successful without white people.

Its like you're choosing to listen to the small % of BLM that gives it a bad name and attribute their argument to the concerns of all black people. But you also seem to realize the fallacy of letting wrongs on a mere sample misrepresent an entire population. You say it when you criticize the idea that being black = negative interactions with police since all police and white people have not ill intentions towards black people. So why is it okay for you to make such broad generalizations but not the people/movement you critique?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Way to support a terrorist organization
    How so? Are protest and demonstrations terrorist acts?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Yeah...I'm not sure people are saying that being black guarantees negative interactions with the police...
    The BLM protesters in Dallas were getting along with the police quite well. Most BLM demonstrations also have no problem with white people joining, the Civil Rights Movement wasn't successful without white people.

Its like you're choosing to listen to the small % of BLM that gives it a bad name and attribute their argument to the concerns of all black people. But you also seem to realize the fallacy of letting wrongs on a mere sample misrepresent an entire population. You say it when you criticize the idea that being black = negative interactions with police since all police and white people have not ill intentions towards black people. So why is it okay for you to make such broad generalizations but not the people/movement you critique?

- - - Updated - - -

How so? Are protest and demonstrations terrorist acts?
    Easy. The level of acceptance the bad elements recieved.

I won't deny shitbag cops exist and some of them are racist it's a profession with power and that can attract bad folks. Unless the leadership is also terrible, no one wants those people working for them and making things worse and end up forcing them to "lay low" and depend on shit or mislead cops to block for them. (Outside of blatant ass covering, Occam's Razor really needs to be applied a little more.)

Compare to BLM, where the message of dead cops and kill whitey has been allowed to fester. And that's the distinction I'm making for you. The same applies to them. I don't think anybody but terrible leadership is going to allow that at their rally. But, unlike the police, terrible people can just name themselves a leader, file the paperwork and start a bad march.

Can I ask you this? Are there cops out there filling facebook with messages of hate? Are they accepting awards while talking about how awful some groups of people are? Are they hassling black people unrelated to a shooting linked to their group? The sad part is, it isn't only BLM supporting people doing these things. And we could have a spirited debate over whether the group corrupted the people or the people corrupted to the group. But can we atleast agree that things aren't going to improve with that message in the background?

Unrelated to this event, but related to current events. Are Canadian police just as bad as US police? That's the only reason I can see BLM protesting up there. Otherwise, that was REALLY stupid and pointless.

Totally not a black supremacist hate group aka domestic terrorist organization.

Now lets watch Nixx trying to spin this shit...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post

(Assuming those are not fakes. They very well might be. No idea)

This is utterly unbelievable and disgusting. Why is this even tolerated?
    Even the idea of targeting innocent white people just because a person is pissed at something someone else has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    (Assuming those are not fakes. They very well might be. No idea)

This is utterly unbelievable and disgusting. Why is this even tolerated?
    Even the idea of targeting innocent white people just because a person is pissed at something someone else has done.
    As shit as this sounds... because "black people".

7+ Year Old Account
    As shit as this sounds... because "black people".
    Go ahead and explain this in more detail. Lay it out how you came to this conclusion.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account

There is nothing to spin, because you've provided zero evidence that these people are representative of the whole movement - plus put Obama's words out of context.

You folks keep using the same logically ridiculous arguments over and over. What you are doing is called overgeneralization, and it is a common logical fallacy.

---

I think these forums would benefit a lot from some kind of mandatory elementary logic test as a requirement for creating an account. So many people not knowing basics...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.