Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I feel the morality behind the potentially buying keys that 'fell' off a truck, but in the end if you buy games on sale your basically giving the devs the finger anyway. but largely there is a big difference between say, buying a key online to buying pirated dvds from someones car boot on one hand you know what your doing is wrong, on the other hand you only know what your doing 'might' be wrong. I had heard that sometimes these key are either giveaways or the company has actually listed them there themselves to try to just get rid of them in bulk, how true that is, is anyones guess.

i think i've only heard this twice now that someone has come forward and said 'hey hold on, someone is selling our stolen keys on g2a'
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-07-08 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    If the price of keys increasing people will find another place to get keys.

The Free Market Always Fixes it.
    Your free market called G2A is unethical at best.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    But certainly not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Great. It isn't illegal.

The day Game Developers stop charging 120 Dollars for complete games is the day I stop using it. Only games I don't buy from G2A are Blizzard because they are reasonable priced for what they are.

for a seconds I thought that they wanted to verify the country the buyers live in and adjust the VAT accordingly o.0

phheeeewww

- - - Updated - - -

Great. It isn't illegal.

The day Game Developers stop charging 120 Dollars for complete games is the day I stop using it. Only games I don't buy from G2A are Blizzard because they are reasonable priced for what they are.
    What about Dark Souls???

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same market as those who sells used games.

The only difference is that used games have a large market and multiple deals with creators, while g2a is basically banking all the money for themselves with no regard for the customer OR the creator.

I'd rather have people pirate games than buy them on g2a.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    What about Dark Souls???
    The first one? I bought it on sale on Steam.

The other two? Prices were gouged upwards with the Season Pass(es) and DLC(s.) I didn't even buy them at all, because I didn't enjoy the first one that much anyway.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Blame your weak currency, not developers/publishers. It's not their fault and they shouldn't be "punished" for it.
    I definitely do blame our garbage dollar but if I had to choose between buying something now for less or waiting for the Canadian economy to stabilize then I may as well throw my PC out the window and find a new hobby until I die of old age.

Unless my keys become deactivated, I feel fine with where I got them from and so far not even Microsoft cares about the Windows 10 Pro key I picked up for $22 on G2play.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I definitely do blame our garbage dollar but if I had to choose between buying something now for less or waiting for the Canadian economy to stabilize then I may as well throw my PC out the window and find a new hobby until I die of old age.

Unless my keys become deactivated, I feel fine with where I got them from and so far not even Microsoft cares about the Windows 10 Pro key I picked up for $22 on G2play.
    Or you could just /shrug not have to own every flavor of the month the second it comes out.

If gaming prices are too much for you, then maybe slow down on your habit. Stop acting like a drug fiend needing his fix by any means possible.

The first one? I bought it on sale on Steam.

The other two? Prices were gouged upwards with the Season Pass(es) and DLC(s.) I didn't even buy them at all, because I didn't enjoy the first one that much anyway.
    let me guess: you're upset that the witcher also has DLC which bloats its price, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    let me guess: you're upset that the witcher also has DLC which bloats its price, right?
    I have never played a Witcher game in my life.

If you are going to try and argue for a second that Dark Souls didn't take the Season Pass stuff out of the base game though, laughable. Same with Battlefront. Battlefield 1 is already going to do it and we don't even know much about it.

This is a topic for another thread though. Bottomline, until the price gouging stops, I won't stop "hurting" the developers. Think with your wallet.

If you are going to try and argue for a second that Dark Souls didn't take the Season Pass stuff out of the base game though, laughable.
    Do you know what what From Software actually had planned for the base game and DLC?

Battlefield 1 is already going to do it and we don't even know much about it.
    You do realize that planning and work for DLC that is in no way, shape, or form intended to be a part of the base game happens well before it launches pretty often, right?

This is a topic for another thread though. Bottomline, until the price gouging stops, I won't stop "hurting" the developers. Think with your wallet.
    Games are cheaper now than they've been in years, especially if you don't feel the need to purchase ALL the DLC. Even moreso if you way for the inevitable sales, which on PC happen very often.

If there was no way to get these games at hugely discounted prices I'd be a bit more sympathetic. But waiting a bit for games to go on sale isn't asking too much.

If there was no way to get these games at hugely discounted prices I'd be a bit more sympathetic. But waiting a bit for games to go on sale isn't asking too much.
    Imagine them being Nintendo fans when those games stay MSRP almost forever, lucky to have 25% off on eshop sales and physical versions only getting cheap if Nintendo over printed them LMAO.

Poor PC games costing too much money... don't make me laugh.

Do you know what what From Software actually had planned for the base game and DLC?
    It doesn't matter what they had planned, publicly or privately. That isn't part of the argument. The argument is for a perceived content disparity for the price. I am sure I will hear all about how new game + and dying 70 times to the same boss are great game time extenders, but we are talking about the perceived disparity. IE Subjective Opinions.

You do realize that planning and work for DLC that is in no way, shape, or form intended to be a part of the base game happens well before it launches pretty often, right?
    Assuming you are talking about Dark Souls? I have no clue, I had no desire, as I said, to play or buy the other games because I didn't enjoy the first one that much. In terms of Battlefield and Battlefront? They have outright said in press releases in the past that some of the content in those DLCs was purposefully cut from launch to make the DLC. Its quite obvious in the case of Battlefront and Battlefield 1 because they launch with less content than even Black Ops III did just a year ago.

Games are cheaper now than they've been in years, especially if you don't feel the need to purchase ALL the DLC. Even moreso if you way for the inevitable sales, which on PC happen very often.
    Games are 60 Dollars with less content than games that came out 2 years ago. To get the content that would have been included you have to buy DLC. I don't want to hear an argument that games are more expensive to make either. Its bullshit from a perspective that games that came out last year and this year look and run worse than games like Crysis 3 which game out almost half a decade ago at this point.

Actually, it is too much to ask, especially when Developers like Rockstar purposefully gouge the price during Sales. They like to include a shark card during sales so the games price doesn't change. Its a good way to gouge consumers for more money. I could go on and on about the countless bundles on even the last Steam Sale that were complete horse shit and actually lost you dollars. Developers ARE gouging consumers, overall price of games are going up IF you want to have the same experience that you would have gotten in 2012 even.

Games are 60 Dollars with less content than games that came out 2 years ago.
    Prove it. Ah the ole blanket statement you think people should take your word for, never gets old to call it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it is too much to ask, especially when Developers like Rockstar purposefully gouge the price during Sales. They like to include a shark card during sales so the games price doesn't change. Its a good way to gouge consumers for more money. I could go on and on about the countless bundles on even the last Steam Sale that were complete horse shit and actually lost you dollars. Developers ARE gouging consumers, overall price of games are going up IF you want to have the same experience that you would have gotten in 2012 even.
    Or maybe just maybe their game has sold 65 million copies, most of which are at full price and they're not hurting for sales of their game in the least so you should be happy they threw in a shark card for free when they didn't need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Prove it. Ah the ole blanket statement you think people should take your word for, never gets old to call it out.
    Aw the old " I can't fucking read so I will strawman as a response"
    we are talking about the perceived disparity. IE Subjective Opinions.
    Or maybe just maybe their game has sold 65 million copies, most of which are at full price and they're not hurting for sales of their game in the least so you should be happy they threw in a shark card for free when they didn't need to?
    They didn't throw it in for free. The base game goes down to 35 Dollars and then they sell you the shark card for 25. By the way, just for the sake of an argument here, since apparently it is such a big deal, Shark Cards are literally virtual currency. In terms of development time it probably took all of 2 Days to make it, most likely by one of the HUNDREDS of people they let go right after GTA V released so that the execs could get fatter pay checks, but no, I am the evil one here
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-07-08 at 10:08 PM.

Aw the old " I can't fucking read so I will strawman as a response"
    The part I quoted was not an opinion. It's either true or it isn't. It's not an opinion how long games are. Nice try but you're not getting out of this one.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't throw it in for free. The base game goes down to 35 Dollars and then they sell you the shark card for 25. By the way, just for the sake of an argument here, since apparently it is such a big deal, Shark Cards are literally virtual currency. In terms of development time it probably took all of 2 Days to make it, most likely by one of the HUNDREDS of people they let go right after GTA V released so that the execs could get fatter pay checks, but no, I am the evil one here
    Except they did, they're selling you their $60 game for $60 and threw in a bonus with it. It doesn't matter how the pricing was worded on steam, that is the reality of the matter.

You're the person here claiming a developer who sells 65 million copies of a game should fire sell it at a deep discount LMAO. You do realize the point of sales is to entice buyers who never bought your game once sales die down right? Meanwhile GTAV is still a top seller every month, meaning they can charge whatever the hell they want for it.

The part I quoted was not an opinion. It's either true or it isn't. It's not an opinion how long games are. Nice try but you're not getting out of this one.
    Alright. Here is a piece of fact. This is not a subjective opinion about length, as is what typically dictates my decision making.

Battlefield 4 Launch Maps:
    Siege of Shanghai
    Parcel Storm
    Operation Locker
    Flood Zone
    Golmud Railway
    Dawnbreaker
    Hainan Resort
    Lancang Dam
    Rogue Transmission
    Zavod 311

Battlefield 1 Launch Maps:
    Amiens
    St. Quentin Scar
    Monte Grappa
    Empires Edge
    Unnamed Map

Is that Objective Fact enough for you?

You're the person here claiming a developer who sells 65 million copies of a game should fire sell it at a deep discount LMAO. You do realize the point of sales is to entice buyers who never bought your game once sales die down right? Meanwhile GTAV is still a top seller every month, meaning they can charge whatever the hell they want for it.
    GTA V is almost 3 Years Old. It isn't a 60 Dollar Game. Its a 30 Dollar Game AT BEST. I would actually be fine if they sold it for there 30 Dollar Price Point, but they don't. On Steam they force you to spend 60 Dollars when you buy it on Holiday Sales by bundling it with a shark card. At the end you even say yourself its a Top Seller so they can do whatever they want. That is telling right there. You know they are overcharging. I know it. The difference is, I won't let them get away with it by starving them of revenue.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-07-08 at 10:15 PM.

It doesn't matter what they had planned, publicly or privately. That isn't part of the argument. The argument is for a perceived content disparity for the price. I am sure I will hear all about how new game + and dying 70 times to the same boss are great game time extenders, but we are talking about the perceived disparity. IE Subjective Opinions.
    ...it does. If they had never planned to include any additional content in the launch version of the game, then the existence of post-launch DLC is irrelevant. Perceived slights are meaningless in this case, especially in a market where post-launch DLC is commonplace.

Assuming you are talking about Dark Souls? I have no clue, I had no desire, as I said, to play or buy the other games because I didn't enjoy the first one that much. In terms of Battlefield and Battlefront? They have outright said in press releases in the past that some of the content in those DLCs was purposefully cut from launch to make the DLC. Its quite obvious in the case of Battlefront and Battlefield 1 because they launch with less content than even Black Ops III did just a year ago.
    In general, not specific to one game. Battlefront, we know was pushed out early. Battlefield 1? It's too early to say, as we don't have a complete picture of what's in at launch and what's not. I know the French are DLC, but that's planned for post launch content already. We can't say for certain if it would have made it into the base game or not.

Games are 60 Dollars with less content than games that came out 2 years ago.
    This is factually incorrect. Some games nowadays are shorter experiences, some offer dozens upon dozens (hundreds) of hours of gameplay. Just like games 5 years ago, and 10 years ago, and 15 years ago. Games today continue to be as diverse, far more so as a matter of fact, in terms of what they offer as they've historically been.

To get the content that would have been included you have to buy DLC.
    And in days of old if you wanted more content you either purchased an expansion (similarly priced to modern season passes) or they sold full priced sequels. Same thing, different delivery.

I don't want to hear an argument that games are more expensive to make either.
    ...why? It's the truth. The cost of making games has gone up dramatically, as have player expectations, while the price of games has not similarly increased. That's absolutely 100% relevant to the discussion.

Its bullshit from a perspective that games that came out last year and this year look and run worse than games like Crysis 3 which game out almost half a decade ago at this point.
    Some games do, some games don't. Budgets are different, development time fluctuates, and user perception of graphical fidelity differs. But a game like Uncharted 4 or Doom absolutely destroys Crysis 3 when it comes to visual fidelity. And as a heads up Crysis 3 launched with plenty of its own performance issues. Thankfully, we live in a time when performance issues can be addressed in post-launch patches.

Actually, it is too much to ask, especially when Developers like Rockstar purposefully gouge the price during Sales.
    Price gouge? They don't need to drop the price for a game like GTA V anymore, people are still buying it at 30-40% discount. Prices drop when sales dry up, so until Rockstar see's sales stop, like for LA Noir for example, they drop the price bigtime.

They like to include a shark card during sales so the games price doesn't change. Its a good way to gouge consumers for more money.
    It was a bit shady, but they weren't getting "more" money, they were getting the same amount of money while consumers were getting some additional stuff. If you still didn't want to pay that price (like I didn't) you simply continue to hold out until it's cheaper. It's not as if there aren't a million other super cheap games to play.

I could go on and on about the countless bundles on even the last Steam Sale that were complete horse shit and actually lost you dollars.
    Valve addressed this already, you get a discount on any bundle where you own content from it. I could have purchased the Just Cause 3/Rise of the Tomb Raider bundle for $30 because I already own Just Cause 3. So RotTR for $30 from the bundle, compared to the $40 that the game was selling for on its own.

Developers ARE gouging consumers, overall price of games are going up IF you want to have the same experience that you would have gotten in 2012 even.
    Man, I feel so gouged looking through the last Steam sale where I was deciding not to not buy AAA game after AAA game that was on sale for 50-75% off, or recently released games that were on sale for 25-50% off.

Alright. Here is a piece of fact. This is not a subjective opinion about length, as is what typically dictates my decision making.

Battlefield 4 Launch Maps:
    Siege of Shanghai
    Parcel Storm
    Operation Locker
    Flood Zone
    Golmud Railway
    Dawnbreaker
    Hainan Resort
    Lancang Dam
    Rogue Transmission
    Zavod 311

Battlefield 1 Launch Maps:
    Amiens
    St. Quentin Scar
    Monte Grappa
    Empires Edge
    Unnamed Map

Is that Objective Fact enough for you?
    Says games are shorter then 2 years ago.

Lists a games MP map offerings as proof of game length.

Are we even debating in the same universe? Because it seems you lack understanding of the words you're using. Maybe they mean something different in yours /shrug.