7+ Year Old Account

Resto druid visual disappointment in Legion.

So this is probably a bit of a personal dilemma, though I'm sure there are many other druids having same issues with Legion as me, but.. God damn.

I've mained resto druid since BC. Played around as a Boomkin from time to time. In WoD I finally decided for somethinge else, an Ele sham, which has been fun and all but I was actually looking forward to return to my good old druid.
    That was until we saw the teasers for Legion and they showed the amazing bear and cat forms with the artifact weapons. (Currently green of jealousy)
    And I knew from that moment "Resto and Boomkin is going to get screwed over".
    Yes, I know why they haven't received any is because you can see the weapons.
    But I personally fell in love with the druids from the start because of their shapeshifting. I don't give a rats ass about the weapon effects. If I did, I'd had bothered with CMs here in WoD (Got it on 9 characters in MoP for the armour transmog). I'd MUCH prefer having these amazing and unique forms to choose between for my Treant.. Even Boomkin is left behind on here too, than a silly weapon.

I've always used my Treant form, also after it turned into a silly graphically outdated little glyph..
    But I've also heard that in Legion there will be no Glyphs, that means I can't even be my silly little Treant anymore. I'm forever stuck as a Tauren(My favourite race) but it's SO unsatisfying as a druid (In my opinion).

I haven't even pre-ordered Legion yet (And I usually pre-buy expansions) for this whole reason.
    I'm beyond unsatsified with the lack of love for especially the Resto, but also for the Boomkin.

The lore of Warcraft also interests me, and I definitely know a bit about it and I just LOVE everything about druids.

The disappointment may be hard to understand for non-druids or those as "devoted" to their shapeshifting toons.. So I figured writing my dilemma/rant/confusion on here may be a good idea? Haha.

On top of all of that.. This seems like a good expansion to play a Druid! We're going to fool around with some of the Emerald Dream, Malfurions place, more druids. Druids. Droods. Droooooids!

But..
    Cave in and play a Cat(I prefer healers and casters, never been a huge rogue-like player)?
    Cave in and play an Ele Sham again..?
    Cave in and cry over my boring Tauren druid...?
    Cave in and cry over my single form Boomkin (but at least I'll have a new visual update)....?

Anyone else been in a similar issue over this?
    via Imgflip Meme Generator

Many of the minor glyphs no longer supported are now available as buyable spells from a vender in your class hall.
    This includes glyph of flap, treant form, stag form (as a separate ability from base travel form), and little critter pet spell. When purchased and consumed, these will all be normal spells in your spellbook.
    Last edited by Njordhorn; 2016-07-08 at 04:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njordhorn View Post
    Many of the minor glyphs no longer support are now available as buyable spells from a vender in your class hall.
    This includes glyph of flab, treant form, stag form (as a separate ability from base travel form), and little critter pet spell. When purchased and consumed, these will all be normal spells in your spellbook.
    Well, that I didn't know of, and is at least a bit of a +.
    Thank you.

Overall still very outdated and lacked a lot of attention in Legion. :c

Resto Druid has always been one of the least visually flashy healers. If you want flashy/splashy spell effects, you probably want to play a Priest or Shaman. I think the reason for not putting development time into the treant form, etc. is that very few people use it. I wouldn't mind seeing a visual update to the Incarnation "broccoli form" at some point, though or even an option to glyph the form back to a humanoid type form sort of like the Shaman Ascendance glyph. I've always felt the Incarnation form looks ridiculous from the moment it was added in Cata.

While I hate treant form because it's awkward lore wise but I also think resto druid visual effects are very very lacking compared to other classes. Their spells could use lot of updates. Hurricane is gone too.