Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Final Fantasy

It's almost like Pokemon, I don't know what to think of it.

It's turn based and cute.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-07-09 at 03:10 PM.

It will probably end up being a better game then XV.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of reminds me of a modern-retro take on 16-bit era Final Fantasy with the way the over world graphics look and the overall style of it, kind of like how The 4 Heroes of Light on the DS was a throwback to the 8-bit FF games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    It kind of reminds me of a modern-retro take on 16-bit era Final Fantasy with the way the over world graphics look and the overall style of it, kind of like how The 4 Heroes of Light on the DS was a throwback to the 8-bit FF games.
    I wish they would go back to that. It was simple but fun. It seems they over complicated things with Pokemon stacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was already sold on getting a PS4 for Horizon Zero Dawn, but this game just seals the deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

going to finsh XV before any room for this

This looks really good. But I kinda would like for it to not be console only.

Edit: Holy shit, I want this immediately.

I'm definitely getting this. I wasn't going to at first as my bro said it's all chibi and I personally don't like the big headed chibi style of graphics but after seeing the trailers and gameplay videos I'm in. It looks awesome (and I'm glad the main character aren't chibi too, just turn into them) I'll be getting the vita version personally

This looks wonderful. If it has a lot of variety and enough engaging enemies/story-elements (hopefully has some hearty length to it as well), it will probably be a hit. Pokemon in the FF universe just sounds...like...the Pokemon everyone (me) wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get the stacking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I don't really get the stacking thing.
    I think it goes you new abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, the stacking is your move load out. So for example, if you have a Mini-Ifrit on your stack then you have a fire attack at your disposal, and since the characters can "evolve" you will get the typical multi-stage FF stronger versions of the typical magical attacks as they grow. It also sounds like if you have a certain combination of characters in a stack it will also allow access to special summons of abilities that you can only access in that manner. It also doesn't look like the actual monster do the attacking, its more like by adding them to your party stack you unlock the abilities they provide to the two main human characters you play as, so its less like catching monsters to fight other monsters and more like catching monsters to give your characters new moves.

Deleted
    This looks like a very interesting game! Unfortunately not for PC though

EDIT: For anyone into these catching monster games, check out Siralim 2 for PC. I've been playing it a ton and it definitely scratches that itch. It's got LOT'S of mechanics, you keep finding new stuff. Cons are (to me) that the game is endless and doesn't really have a story, but the catching and breeding systems are great.

10+ Year Old Account
    saw this.
    after playing FFXV Duscae and platinum... I preorered it (world of ff).
    ffs.

the tidus summon is just lawls.

even if it were for PC, I'm not sure i can commit to a game like this.

its *totally* a game i'd like to chill and eat pizza to while a buddy's playing it tho.

Wow this looks awesome its like pokemon/materia with their own sphere grids.

Love the cuteness. And I may finally be able to introduce a final fantasy game to my younger relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Wow this looks awesome its like pokemon/materia with their own sphere grids.
    They should make such a game without pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by kencloudli View Post
    Love the cuteness. And I may finally be able to introduce a final fantasy game to my younger relatives.
    Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is calling your name!
    Or the old Gameboy FF games maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is calling your name!
    Or the old Gameboy FF games maybe.
    The Legend/SaGa games on GameBoy are fantastic. Any game series that lets you murder a witch then eat her flesh to turn into a witch or blow up a robot and shove ones of its parts up your anus to turn into a robot while also shrinking down to microscopic size to enter someones body and fighting ninjas and dragons inside of their organs and also throwing in asinine time travel and mutants, has got to be doing something right.

Also: THE MOTHERFUCKING TALON

And Mystic Quest has the best boss music of any FF game.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-07-14 at 03:27 AM.