Deleted

Another life, another location...

Do you ever occasionally think about how different your life might have been had you grew up or lived in a different location be it town, city or country

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. //////

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure. There's a much higher probability that it would be worse, but unrealistic daydreaming can be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. There's many places that I would have preferred to grow up at, but at least where I am isn't that bad.

Deleted
    I was rather lucky, great parents education fun childhood/adolescence -- I could have been a lot less lucky, so I'm pretty much just grateful and I don't think about it much

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I was rather lucky, great parents education fun childhood/adolescence -- I could have been a lot less lucky, so I'm pretty much just grateful and I don't think about it much
    You were that well adjusted?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You were that well adjusted?
    Pretty much, I liked video games from NES days but also played sports and got good grades pretty easily

I know what my parents had to do to give me the life I had, so I stick to their values

Wouldn't change a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, yes.

My parents gave me up at 3 to live with my aunt and uncle and their family in Michigan. If my parents had not fought to regain their guardianship when I was 11, I would have grown up in the tiny town of Laingsburg instead of in state care here in Chicago. I don't know if I would have ended up with the career and life I have now.

I would only choose a different city as a starting point. Too many migrants, too much violence and racism against natives.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-07-09 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Pretty much, I liked video games from NES days but also played sports and got good grades pretty easily

I know what my parents had to do to give me the life I had, so I stick to their values

Wouldn't change a thing
    Did you have a bunch of big sisters?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Sometimes, I also think about the choices I've made, where my life would have gone if I zigged or zagged. One experience that really hit me was I was back in my hometown, and I saw a girl I had a mad crush on from 6th grade on, but I never said anything because I'm ridiculously shy, and was worse then. She looked sad with her life, she had a kid in a stroller, one walking beside her, and pregnant with another, while smoking a cigarette. It left me wondering if I had said something would both our lives be better, worse, or end up the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but I would like to have been born in Zanzibar though, but still raised where I was.

Not for any important reason, just that Zanzibar would look cooler on my passport than Gravesend.

Deleted
    nah, i grew up in a nice area, wouldn't have wanted to live anywhere else at the time! As an adult i wouldn't want to live there, but good as a kid.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have occasionally run various different scenarios like that through my head, yes. But the cost of living, rule of law, respect for individual freedom, and having the most powerful army in history wrapped around me for defense can hardly be beat.

Yes, sometimes when I watch some documentary (well, or sitcom like the wonder years or the 70s show) of schools abroad I wonder how my life would have been different when I would have grown up there. By chance I did land on a website of a tasmanian school in Hubbart and wondered if I till would have become fat considering the sport they offer in school (like diving or surfing).

And there was one decision in my life that could have changed everything. When I finished elementary school I was accepted into a famous boy's choir here in Germany but that would have required me to go to a boarding school. My parents let me make the decision if I wanted to go there or stay at home and go to a local school. ALthough I am not certain if it was a real choice, what boy at that age would want to go away from his parents? But this single decision would have changed my life completely, other friends, very likely different carreer choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No, but I would like to have been born in Zanzibar though, but still raised where I was.

Not for any important reason, just that Zanzibar would look cooler on my passport than Gravesend.
    Shit. I was born in Gravesend. Small world huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Shit. I was born in Gravesend. Small world huh.
    I tried to use it to claim Red Indian heritage, but apparently being born near where Pocahontus is buried does not qualify me as a Redskin Brave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I've had three major points in my life that could have vastly changed things about my youth.

1. My parents owned two houses on two different towns quite far from each other when I was like 5. It was a bit of a coin toss, which one they sold. Both were being sold and they had decided to sell the house that they got a buyer first.

2. When I was 9, my parents were planning to move the US (North Carolina), but eventually didn't.

3. When I was 15, my last year of basic school, my Finnish grade dropped from 9 to 7, because I got 7½ score from the last exam. I was furious at the teacher for dropping my grade with two numbers (dropping 2 numbers in a semester usually requires a bit more basis than just one exam). If she hadn't dropped my grade by two, but with one instead - I would have gotten to my #1 high school I was applying to. That school was in a different city - kind of an "elite school" and I was on the reserve queue list......placed first. If even one person would have canceled his/her admission, I would have gotten in. Or if that stupid cunt wouldn't have dropped my number by two, I would have gotten in. My high school years would have been very different....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    2. When I was 9, my parents were planning to move the US (North Carolina), but eventually didn't.
    Dodged a bullet there son. (Perhaps literally).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Dodged a bullet there son. (Perhaps literally).
    The odds of getting shot in a lifetime are minuscule. It's like never going to Europe because you think the next Charlie Hebdo or Brussels will happen right next to you.