Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've never had trouble with an officer either, but of course people just dismiss that as the fact that I'm cis white scum. Respect, hands where they can see them, and communication do the job in most situations.

When all that is given and the police officer is still horrible and abusing of their authority, yes, movements need to work to get them fired. But you're never helping matters when you see one bad cop and instantly dismiss them all as awful and corrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Oh I went too far but the initial commentator who I quoted was okay because he/she/it said /s?

Calling for moderation when you cannot formulate a rebuttal to this ridiculous thread is well ridiculous. I refuse to bend to your will.
    Don't drag me down with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Got to love these token whities the groups that hate them sometimes manage to drum up to explain how everything is bad.
    Fixed.

/10char

He's clearly a racist self hating black uncle Tom...

That's what I learned from racial movements...Also, He's a liar. He had to be dead when he wrote that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Black man talks about being harassed by the police: "Anecdotal. There's no such thing as institutional racism"

Black man talks about having no problems with police: "Confirmed. There's no such thing as institutional racism"
    Usually I would say you can flip that, but I don't think so in this case. Do you know what Institutional racism is? I don't blame you if you don't, I have issues with made up SJW buzzwords too.

If Racism is so deep that it is institutionalized, then every dealings with a minority would be laced with racism in some way shape or form. So when there is an incident that isn't', It kinda debunks the idea that racism is baked into the institution.

So what? This guy is betraying his own community and for what? Acceptance from his 'betters'?

One could even argue this man is biased since he had a bad light so he was appreciative because he didn't get fined.

BLM is really needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Not every Human being is racist. More news at 10.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly. Black people are being systematically being killed by the American justice system.
    No, he is not betraying anyone.
    If anything it is those inciting violence, those who absolutely will get more people killed who are betraying their community.
    Using others as fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    cop does his job as expected.....its worrying this is such a thing thats its newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't think anyone claims it will definitely get you killed, just that you stand a greater chance of being killed than a white person in the same situation.
    In actuality, according to the DOJ, more whites are killed by the police than blacks, but you know... whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Funny, national news media is happy to point out missing white girls, but not many black girls.
    Funny how you seem to miss that only 13% of Americans are black, whereas more than half are white (cant remember exact percentages, something in the 60 I believe). It would only seem logical that more white people get reported missing considering they make up for a larger percent of the population. Logically, more whites goes missing than blacks or any other minority for that matter.
    What you should really concern yourself with is how media will prioritized to report PRETTY girls that have gone missing.
    Unless you want to make a case of black people being ugly, then by all means go ahead. However I think that would be counter productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Can you link any source of someone in the media saying that? It seems like a strawman argument to me. No one is saying that an innocent black person will more likely than not be shot in a police encounter, which would be absurd, just that it can happen and happens far more than chance would allow for, which is self-evident.
    Only 5% of black homicides are due to police action. Figure out the other 95% and you will have yourself something self-evident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Just saying, this is a VERY old post at this point.
    only snobs just relevance by calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    In actuality, according to the DOJ, more whites are killed by the police than blacks, but you know... whatever.
    There was a nice pie chart on this. The problem was, while it was 43% white and 23% black and 23% brown\other killed by the police. Whites are the larger majority (60%) while blacks and others are in the 12% range.

So even though they are a smaller part of the population, they are killed more. The "Why?" is the bigger and more important question.

Deleted
    exactly. Black people are being systematically being killed by the American justice system.
    I know you're banned, but fuck it. Just wanna drop some numbers here.

569 people killed this year. Not all of those were innocent or compliant. 137 were black. Not all of those were innocent or compliant. (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/n...gs-us-database)

There are ~750,000 - 900,000 (BJS/NLEOMF) police personnel with arrest powers in the US. The number of officers carrying a firearm is harder to pin down, but available stats show it to be as high as 550,000+. (FBI)

If black people were being "systematically" killed by the justice system, I think 900K officers could have managed to kill more than 137 black people. Black people are absolutely more likely to be killed during an encounter with police... but they're also more likely to fire a gun at police and more likely to commit a violent crime that necessitates an encounter in the first place.

Regardless, the chance of a fatal encounter with police for any race is astronomically small. That doesn't mean there's no issue with gun control/training, the way some police often approach people aggressively or on edge, or racial profiling, or the way black communities interact with police, but let's keep things in perspective here.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-07-10 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are roughly two times as many white people killed by police, but roughly five times as many white people.

I don't intend to rehash an argument I just had in another thread though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    There was a nice pie chart on this. The problem was, while it was 43% white and 23% black and 23% brown\other killed by the police. Whites are the larger majority (60%) while blacks and others are in the 12% range.

So even though they are a smaller part of the population, they are killed more. The "Why?" is the bigger and more important question.
    Adjust for both population and violent crime, and white people are killed slightly more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    only snobs just relevance by calendar
    Only snobs call others snobs while assuming something about a post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    He's clearly a racist self hating black uncle Tom...

That's what I learned from racial movements...Also, He's a liar. He had to be dead when he wrote that.

- - - Updated - - -

Usually I would say you can flip that, but I don't think so in this case. Do you know what Institutional racism is? I don't blame you if you don't, I have issues with made up SJW buzzwords too.

If Racism is so deep that it is institutionalized, then every dealings with a minority would be laced with racism in some way shape or form. So when there is an incident that isn't', It kinda debunks the idea that racism is baked into the institution.
    I wasn't trying to make a point either way... just commenting on the hypocrisy of embracing one anecdote as fact while proclaiming another anecdote as fiction. And that can be flipped to the other side.

As to what you were saying about institutional racism not existing because of one outlier...that's patently not true. Since you asked for a definition...I'll give you one.

Institutional racism is a pattern of social institutions — such as governmental organizations, schools, banks, and courts of law — giving negative treatment to a group of people based on their race.

The italicized is key. One person not fitting into the pattern does not mean there is no pattern. So, again, this man's experience does not, by itself, prove the non-existence of institutional racism.

I don't think anyone claims it will definitely get you killed, just that you stand a greater chance of being killed than a white person in the same situation.
    You claim you stand a greater chance of being killed than a white person in the same situation. Just because somthing doesnt get reported doesnt mean it doesnt happen. The news media is looking for stories where minorities are killed by police and blowing it over the national airways. White deaths are not being treated the same. So everyone thinks its only happening to blacks. Your claims however are not fact and are pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    cop does his job as expected.....its worrying this is such a thing thats its newsworthy.
    It isn't. That is the point. They only report when a bad cop does something and make all of them look evil to the point where people actually think any cop will kill them.

But a good cop only gets peeped by actual regular folk that want to spread awareness.

Instead of comparing Proportional Violent Crime rates between White and Blacks as regards to who the cops kill more of... I think it would be far more useful to compare proportional deaths when it comes to the suspect resisting arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    snip
    Funny thing is, this is the norm for traffic stops. But the race crazies and BLM don't want you to know that. By making it seem that cops are big bad monsters, race hustlers like BLM and news stations/papers can keep making money by creating a divide.

Both the cop and the civilian got lucky in this case.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    funny , these dont make the national new media outlets. thanks for sharing
    Of course not, because it goes against the agenda they're trying to push.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK