Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I can't finish games anymore...

I don't know if this is subconscious or what. I stopped playing wow about a year ago, I never had a bad case of addiction with it. Just played it probably 3 hours a day, maybe more if I had nothing else to do. After stopping, the only other game I've had interest in is street fighter. Yea I know, weird, and I've bought around 50+ games since then, of the likes of witcher 3, and many other high profile games, never finished, or let alone got half way into any of these games. Only game I finished was the new doom actually. Am I screwed forever? sucks because I'm getting the itch to come back again.

You need a break, perhaps a long one man. Just stop playing games til you feel a huge urge to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by dralleballe View Post
    You need a break, perhaps a long one man. Just stop playing games til you feel a huge urge to play again.
    I just said I have the urge to play wow again, but not much else.

I know that feel man, you're not alone with this.

Can't give you any advice tho... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I know that feel man, you're not alone with this.

Can't give you any advice tho... :/
    Do you still play anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your WoW account would be on trial/starter account status, so play on a new character and see how you feel befor re-subbing? That's all I can suggest.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

take some adderal

I find myself getting burned out on games a lot too. Now, the only games I tend to finish are those that are linear. I have yet to finish a single open-world game.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Your WoW account would be on trial/starter account status, so play on a new character and see how you feel befor re-subbing? That's all I can suggest.
    I have about 8 tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I have about 8 tokens.
    Okay, well, use one and play for a while, then see how you feel.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

That's because games right now are shit.

Your best bet is to start an online petition that will revolutionize the gaming industry.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of games I don't finish either. Even games I'm really excited about and think are very fun. For some reason a lot of single player games just don't have deep enough hooks to keep me going all the way to the end.

Recent games I've played and liked, but wasn't able to finish:
    Dragon Age Origins
    Skyrim
    Bastion (almost to the end of this one)
    Just Cause 2
    Pillars of Eternity
    Witcher 2

Now all of those games I liked at least pretty well. I wouldn't mind going back and trying to beat them again, and I keep telling myself I will do just that one of these days. But so far it hasn't happened and I don't even know why.

WoW ruined alot of games for me. Other then WoW Its really hard to sit down and play anything these days. I have hundreds of games that i just cant seem to work myself up to play. Ive tried forcing myself to play other games but I get the feeling like im wasting time when in reality I would just be watching Netflix. The last time i was able to pound out story focused games was when I quit wow all together back in cata. I played mass effect 2 so many times since it had just came out.

I know how you feel hell i didn't even finish Doom. Im on the last level and have been since the weekend it came out ><. You might just need a break from all games and just find something else you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    That's because games right now are shit.

Your best bet is to start an online petition that will revolutionize the gaming industry.
    Maybe you have a point, but I think it's also the mimicking, and lack of originality. I kind of feel like I've been playing the same game the last two generations with some tweaks, and a different cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't feel like finish a game you play, it's because the game is just not good enough.

Nothing wrong. The vg market evolved a lot since the 00s, and there is too many game for anyone to play. So you should certainly just check the best of the best, plus the random special ones that you're like the only one liking, there's often a few games like that. Check the older games, odds of playing a legendary addictive game is higher. Check out the youtube streams of AGDQ/SGDQ (which is happening at the moment).

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    WoW ruined alot of games for me. Other then WoW Its really hard to sit down and play anything these days. I have hundreds of games that i just cant seem to work myself up to play. Ive tried forcing myself to play other games but I get the feeling like im wasting time when in reality I would just be watching Netflix. The last time i was able to pound out story focused games was when I quit wow all together back in cata. I played mass effect 2 so many times since it had just came out.

I know how you feel hell i didn't even finish Doom. Im on the last level and have been since the weekend it came out ><. You might just need a break from all games and just find something else you enjoy.
    Problem is, my wife is in rehab because a genius doctorr and his infinite knowledge decided to prescribe her pain meds, and she wants to get off of them. So I have a month to myself. For some reason I'm thinking wow will help me get through it. Don't know why I automatically thought that.

I have gone though this twice before so I know how you feel. Breaks help for sure but it doesn't mean you have to ditch everything. A game like WoW is more or less just played instead of beaten.

The good thing about things like Steam and such these days is you can just uninstall everything and most great titles even years later will entertain you eventually. Personally I have found this to be a product of age in my case. As I have gotten older I just don't find games as appealing anymore. Sure I love me some overwatch and WoW along with some other titles but to tell the truth most of them follow the same line of thinking. Games you aim more to play than to beat.

When I don't have the urge to continue on a game I'm playing (currently juggling Mirage Tokyo Sessions, Uncharted 4 and Quantum Break), then I just play something that has no continuation. Overwatch or TF2 are the games I play when I don't feel like continuing a story based game.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    If you don't feel like finish a game you play, it's because the game is just not good enough.

Nothing wrong. The vg market evolved a lot since the 00s, and there is too many game for anyone to play. So you should certainly just check the best of the best, plus the random special ones that you're like the only one liking, there's often a few games like that. Check the older games, odds of playing a legendary addictive game is higher. Check out the youtube streams of AGDQ/SGDQ (which is happening at the moment).
    I don't get immersed anymore. I always get that feeling, "this is just a game". No matter how well done the game is. Wow was one of the few that actually did immerse me.

my steam account has soo many games that i started and just stopped, i finally played and finished fallout 3 and fallout NV