Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    This is why I never go to hospital.

Instead try to save people's life, these "doctors" do all kinds experiments on people.

The human brain is unreliable. I think these experiences are easier explained by hallucinations, because as the brain asphyxiates it causes a "high" (I'm sure you've heard of auto-erotic asphyxiation).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

If you want to believe that there is more after you die, you don't need NDE's as proof. Once your heart stops pumping your brain will live on for a few minutes until it runs out of oxygen and that's called brain death. If they restart the heart before the brain dies you can recover. I guess what I'm saying is focus on whether or not the person's brain is dead, if the brain isn't dead a person might experience a dream where anything can happen, people dream all the time.

If you want to believe there is something more after you die, that it doesn't end abruptly, just believe it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Remember your Life before your Life ????? Yeah Gz you just discovered how the Afterlife looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Of course there is no proof. You cannot prove something you cannot see, feel, measure, dissect or test in a lab. But for those who have experienced it, the experience is proof enough for them.
    There's such a thing as hallucinations. Those inclined to believe, will latch at anything. I want to believe, but there's just no REAL proof to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    There's such a thing as hallucinations. Those inclined to believe, will latch at anything. I want to believe, but there's just no REAL proof to support it.
    Take comfort in the fact that no one knows anything as to what happens after we die. All we do know is that everyone does go...down that dark path. Including our loved ones. We don't know what happens. All we can do is follow and hope.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think it is in their personal interest to do so, to make sense of their experience. It is easier to interpret our experiences in a convenient way, but it usually backfires eventually.
    Why would that be so? How are you going to harm yourself if you experience a life after death event and accept it as being something which is real? How could it backfire?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia;41300474
    [COLOR="#417394"
    - - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Except it totally can "prove" or discover things we had no previous knowledge of. That's explicitly the function of the scientific method. All current evidence is that everything is limited to the physical world.
    Yes it can and does. But when it does, it is something which exists in the physical world. It is limited to this plane of existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Of course there is. But I do not think all life after death experiences are that. It is a personal belief.

Why would that be so? How are you going to harm yourself if you experience a life after death event and accept it as being something which is real? How could it backfire?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it can and does. But when it does, it is something which exists in the physical world. It is limited to this plane of existence.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course there is. But I do not think all life after death experiences are that. It is a personal belief.
    Believing something that is counter to reality can cause you to take actions that are directly harmful to yourself.

That's because there is zero evidence that there is any other plane of existence. There is mountains of evidence that doesn't prove, but does strongly suggest, that anything that you would recognize as your self is entirely reliant on your brain.

Why? What mechanism do you use to distinguish false NDEs, be they lies or hallucinations, from "real" ones?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Believing something that is counter to reality can cause you to take actions that are directly harmful to yourself.

That's because there is zero evidence that there is any other plane of existence. There is mountains of evidence that doesn't prove, but does strongly suggest, that anything that you would recognize as your self is entirely reliant on your brain.

Why? What mechanism do you use to distinguish false NDEs, be they lies or hallucinations, from "real" ones?
    That is possible I assume. But not normal or a given.

Zero physical evidence you mean.

It is something you would have to experience in a way you would know it is real. Not anything I can explain to someone who never has.

That is possible I assume. But not normal or a given.

Zero physical evidence you mean.

It is something you would have to experience in a way you would know it is real. Not anything I can explain to someone who never has.
    Thus the use of the word can.

No, zero evidence. Again, personal testimony is not, in and of itself, evidence of anything. It inherently cannot be because of the unreliability.

There is no such thing as an experience I know is real, especially one that would deviate so significantly from the norm. I behave as if most of my experiences are real because behaving differently appears to have negative consequences, and they conform near enough to the expected norm that I have little reason to doubt them. An experience that deviated significantly far from that norm would make me doubt my mental state at the time.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.