Easily get all T0 and T0.5 armor transmog on legion prepatch?

So I have a theory. Requires a fair amount of gold and healthy realm economy, but should work?...

So, from my understanding, having a piece of gear in your inventory thats appropriate for your character will unlock it for all character now and in the future, even if you delete the character that got that piece of gear. Darkmoon faire sells T0 and T0.5 lookalike gear but its quite expensive, costing 55 or 75 tickets each. They do have an minimum equip level requirement but thankfully they are BoE so you can mail them to your higher level alts/mains to equip and permanently learn that appearance.

Well, if your auctionhouse economy is healthy enough and you got a fair amount of gold (or you can acquire the fish yourself), you can make a new toon, buy (or fish) 100 darkmoon fish to do the treasure map quest to get 100 tickets on your fresh toon. Do the quest, get 100 tickets, buy a piece of transmog gear, mail it to your main and 'learn' it, delete toon, repeat.

I'm too lazy to do dailies every day to slowly amass tickets; would rather get the instant gratification of getting the transmog quickly.

So anyone else think this strat will be viable?

Deleted
    you can change the class filter on that vendor to "all stuff" and then you can buy every set on all toons, no matter what class/armor proficiency they are.

i just randomly get tons of those dungeon quests items from carrying darkmoon adventure guide with me, that i just turn in on random characters so i have a bunch of tokens saved up across many chars for when the transmog patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    you can change the class filter on that vendor to "all stuff" and then you can buy every set on all toons, no matter what class/armor proficiency they are.

i just randomly get tons of those dungeon quests items from carrying darkmoon adventure guide with me, that i just turn in on random characters so i have a bunch of tokens saved up across many chars for when the transmog patch hits.

Forgot about those blue tokens that give 5 tickets each. Then you can buy 2x 55 ticket transmog pieces on 1 character. Also, learned that the treasure map quest needs level 15, so still has a time commitment but nothing as bad as doing dailies and slowly amassing tickets

Thanks for the tip. I have a number of characters who haven't done the quest so I'll be able to fish up a storm, mail them the fish, collect tickets, and grab a few items. I already have lightforge, wildheart, and valor from vanilla, but I'd love to grab the .5 lightforge and this seems like a really easy way to accomplish that.

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also make a bunch of alts, play the games, and then send the boxes from them to your main