Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Unless you're using a sniper rifle, sights/scopes aren't really necessary, and are mostly there for aesthetic reasons.

If you are using a sniper rifle, putting the crosshairs on the target guarantees a hit exactly where the crosshairs are. Leading a target, accounting for wind and temperature, accounting for bullet drop, etc are not necessary, regardless of distance.

If one pistol is good, 2 pistols are better, cause if you can hit a target with 1 pistol, why would it be any harder to hit multiple targets while wielding a weapon in your weak hand, shooting in multiple directions, without bothering with the sights?

Cars are VERY prone to exploding.

Falls from any height are survivable with minimal ill effects, as long as you land on a pile of garbage or in water. In some cases, cars also act as remarkably effective cushions.

It requires minimal effort to jump through or be thrown through a plate glass window. Leaping or being thrown through said windows very rarely result in cuts from broken glass.

You can easily throw any bladed weapon. Unless deliberately thrown to injure/cripple or disarm a target, said weapon will always result in a lethal injury, even with rather non-lethal weapons like shurikens.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I'm a bit slow.

Bad guys die instantly to a shot in the foot.

Good guys can take a half dozen shots to the chest and live to see a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Murder, She Wrote: that new famous actor from the starting credits, that's the murderer.
    Same with Law and Order and dozens of shows. When all the new people are introduced for the show the one you have seen in anything else is the guilty one.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

House: Some people can be really submissive to verbal abuse if you mix in a little humor and diagnose people.
    Doctor Who: Some people can be really submissive to verbal abuse if you mix in some flashy lighty things and time travel.
    Sherlock: Some people can be really submissive to verbal abuse if you offer to split the rent.
    The Walking Dead: Some people can be really submissive to verbal abuse if you wall in your city of Woodbury and pretend everything is OK.
    Hell's Kitchen, Some people can really be submissive to verbal abuse if they want to learn to cook from a master chef.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2016-07-13 at 11:06 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Same with Law and Order and dozens of shows. When all the new people are introduced for the show the one you have seen in anything else is the guilty one.
    There's an occasional exception. I saw Batista from Dexter in 2 episodes(playing 2 different characters) of the original L&O and he wasn't the killer in either. Then he turned up again playing a cop on Criminal Intent(and he wasn't the killer there either). Chibs from Sons of Anarchy was on an episode of SVU, and while he was playing a scumbag he wasn't actually the killer there either. And Anthony Anderson had a guest spot playing a cop on...SVU I think, before he got a full time role, playing a different cop, on the original L&O.

No one that works in television knows what metal subgenres are.
    No one knows what piece of computer hardware actually does what in television.
    No one knows how to believably pretend they are playing videogames in television.

Lost: When finally getting a chance to find out information from another party, be sure to ask all the wrong questions.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Lost: When finally getting a chance to find out information from another party, be sure to ask all the wrong questions.
    Really? I don't remember that at all.

If anything for Lost I'd say the lesson is to stare and interact at everyone at your terminal before you get on your flight because you may need to have memorable flashbacks in case you and someone else end up participating in an activity on an island if your plane crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Really? I don't remember that at all.

If anything for Lost I'd say the lesson is to stare and interact at everyone at your terminal before you get on your flight because you may need to have memorable flashbacks in case you and someone else end up participating in an activity on an island if your plane crashes.
    IE report the brown guy to the airport security to prove a point to your half-brother, because you'll end up falling in love with him later.

The News: The whole world is full of crazy motherfuckers that want to kill me and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    As far as Walking Dead goes, I think I'd try to keep a mix of weapon types within reach at all times. Each one kind of has its benefits and weaknesses.

Gun = effective, and ammo is seemingly not difficult to come by for Rick and Co. (especially if you have a smart dude like Eugene around who can figure out how to make more). They'd also be more effective against living bad guys. But guns are loud. A single shot could potentially draw a swarm of walkers to your position. So you kinda have to decide if it's worth that risk.

Crossbow = effective and silent, but...I imagine it'd be a bit more difficult to wield. I've never fired a crossbow in real life, so I can't say much about them from experience.

Knife/sword/hammer = effective, silent, and doesn't require ammo, but requires you to be in melee reach, which could make you more vulnerable if there are multiple walkers

All 3 are pretty effective but will work better in one situation or the other. I'd probably go with keeping both a good melee weapon and a good pistol within quick/easy reach at all times.

Also: Considering how many characters have died because of dumb things they did, Walking Dead has taught me a lot of things NOT to do if the zombie apocalypse ever happens. For example, I won't attempt using a pair of tiny scissors to stab a crazy chick who has a gun.
    It's for the life of my amazing that no zombie show I've ever seen has had a character use a boar spear to fight zombies, it's the perfect zombie weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    It's for the life of my amazing that no zombie show I've ever seen has had a character use a boar spear to fight zombies, it's the perfect zombie weapon.
    Brb googling "boar spear"...wtf is this thing?

Edit. So, it's just a spear? I was expecting more...