The French FN will either rise or fall because of the Euro-and it's depressing.

It's not a wild exagerration-when ''Les Bleus'' won the Euro in 2000, there was an orgy of enthusiastic demonstrations of support toward the team (if a litte inebriated...)-everyone considered Zidane french. In a very surprising move, when the same star player performed poorly the next Euros, people grumbled about ''team not really taking real French''

It strike me as a very trivial reason to vote or not for the far right (making a connection between far right and hooligans is not exactly a crazy SJW assumption-I would however concede that the violence had a lot more to do to overpriced poor quality beer than Mein Kampf)

7+ Year Old Account
    What?

/10char

Deleted
    Uhm... no, not really. Sorry.

The French will call the team ''multicultural and it's sign of how great diversity is'' if they win, and if they lose they will say ''PC is ruining France'' ? It's not a very bold statement.

And it's nor a figment of the imagination than the last time the Bleus won, everyone loved the team African and Algerian members. When they lost, they were suddenly not French anymore.

This isn't limited to France. Europeans bitch about immigrants all day in here mm-c, when more than half of Western European teams are composed of non-whites aka immigrants (in their terms). Inconsistency is the very nature of any sort of right-wing ideology, which seems to be widespread in mmo-c GenOT.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    The French will call the team ''multicultural and it's sign of how great diversity is'' if they win, and if they lose they will say ''PC is ruining France'' ? It's not a very bold statement.

And it's nor a figment of the imagination than the last time the Bleus won, everyone loved the team African and Algerian members. When they lost, they were suddenly not French anymore.
    Oh ok, well that's a little stupid.

But it's sports and for some people that's like a religion..

I think I forgot to precise that the Bleus are in the finale of Euro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usual selective racism/nationalism/xenophobia: "When they make us feel good, their race/nationality/ethnicity is irrelevant; when they make us feel bad, it is because their race/nationality/ethnicity is different from ours". It happens.

Also, I don't know much about French elections, but I know one thing for sure: DO NOT vote for Le Pen!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Oh boy, Portugal won. Marine will have a field day.

This may be the dumbest thread I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    This may be the dumbest thread I've ever read.
    What is stupid there ? It's not an imagination that the FN have an obsession over the Bleus.

I mean the fact you seem to think that a party would gain political support because the greatest player the country has ever produced was sent off shows you've got no clue what you're on about.

The French team picked the best 23 players available to them, what does it matter what their roots are? They're still the best 23 players available to the French team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean the fact you seem to think that a party would gain political support because the greatest player the country has ever produced was sent off shows you've got no clue what you're on about.

The French team picked the best 23 players available to them, what does it matter what their roots are? They're still the best 23 players available to the French team.
    The FN, uh, pretty much says exactly that. They care a lot about where the players are from. It's just that when the Bleus win, people don't listen.

The FN, uh, pretty much says exactly that.
    Got any proof? Because so far you've just said shit without a single shred of proof. Also show me where FNs support rose after the 2006 WC.

Oh hey, FNs support in the 2007 election was as its lowest for 30 years. Damn Zidane giving them a platform to wage a xenophobic war from.

Well, will you accept links in French ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    UKIP only a few days ago tweeted something along the lines: "Maybe next time we should sent an actual british team (instead of foreigners)"
    UKIP did that? From an official channel, or just some person that supports UKIP?

- - - Updated - - -

What is stupid there ? It's not an imagination that the FN have an obsession over the Bleus.
    Heads up, when your team loses all your players are shit, when they win they are all world class.

With the exception of Spurs, who are always shit.

UKIP only a few days ago tweeted something along the lines: "Maybe next time we should sent an actual british team (instead of foreigners)"

I'm not sure why you are so vehemently opposed to the idea that far right wing parties are full with racists? It's pretty much common sense and common knowledge...

Is the racist a mythical creature like the unicorn to you that doesn't exist or something?
    1) There is no "British" football team. It's split into the 4 home nations.

2) I don't see a single tweet close to what you've said exists. I see them congratulating Wales (and ironically using #TogetherStronger) for their wins.

3) Who gives a shit even if they did send such a tweet? Do you actually think such a stupid fucking statement would win them any supporters? Are you telling me all of Englands 30 million football fans would suddenly become UKIP voters?

4) I called FN xenophobic but apparently I denied they're racist. Reading comprehension, how does it work.

Seriously, this thread remains stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad, it was AfD from Germany actually.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/anger-g...3766--sow.html
    Germany are the World Champions and their best player is Mesut Ozil.*

*Anbody who disagrees is wrong.