Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    For you maybe
    Agreed. If others agreed with me, the console market wouldn't be so big.

Maybe, maybe not. Studios don't go exclusive for shits and giggles, they do it because they are compensated for it in some way. If consoles go away then the exclusives might not get the funding that required and may never be developed.
    Gamers would still want to game. The games would just shift to PCs.

My computer is in my office, my tv is in the living room.
    So play in your office. Or get a streaming box from your computer to your TV.

I think he was just pointing out the fact that kb/mouse is superior is moot point when everyone is using a controller so you're not at a disadvantage. Plus I find a controller much more comfy to hold than a kb and mouse on top of being able to play while sitting or lying down a couch instead of office chair.
    Yeah, you're not at a disadvantage, but playing with a controller feels like playing darts where everyone has to wear oven mitts. Sure, you're on a level playing field, but you'll all be playing worse and it's less enjoyable.

I've known people who PC gamed from their couches just fine. I've also known people who use controllers at their desks.

LAN would require the person bringing over their computer, and some people prefer face to face contact when playing with their friends instead of online.
    Yeah, when I was a teenager, bringing our computers over was exactly what we'd do. It was great, felt like a party.

A $400 console will last you 6-8 years, a computer will require upgrades if you intend on playing the latest games at highest settings.
    A $400 console (in addition to your $500 shitty computer) will last you for 6 years, maybe. But the cap on what it's capable of rendering over that 6 year timespan will remain constant. If you want, you can buy a nice computer with roughly the same capabilities and keep it for 6 years too. Can you run everything on super mega ultra at year 5? Probably not, but the console won't be able to either. If you choose not to upgrade the computer in that time, nothing lost. If you choose to do so, though, you get superior graphics.

Anyway, it's clearly something a lot of people enjoy, and that's fine. But I just don't understand it, in much the same way I don't really understand why people like to go on vacations and spend the whole time shopping. But to each their own. I just wish the console market didn't keep intruding on my PC games, especially since the PC games always have their interfaced dumbed down to console levels, since the other way around isn't possible due to console limitations. I feel the same way about vacation spots that should be enjoyable instead being overrun by shopping.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-07-11 at 07:30 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to say that my mom used Fingerhut and her credit did improve a decade ago due to it. The products are expensive, but that's the point of Fingerhut. Expensive goods for people who can't get credit elsewhere. But my opinion is try to get a secured credit card. It's what I did to work on my credit. I ruined my credit as a dumb kid once I turned 18 and got my first card. So then years later, my bank offered me some crappy secured credit card where I give them $100 for a credit card with $500. After a year of using it and paying my balance off in full every month they quadrupled my limit and gave me my $100 back. Now I'm doing great managing my credit. This is the route I would go if you can OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Just wanted to say that my mom used Fingerhut and her credit did improve a decade ago due to it. The products are expensive, but that's the point of Fingerhut. Expensive goods for people who can't get credit elsewhere. But my opinion is try to get a secured credit card. It's what I did to work on my credit. I ruined my credit as a dumb kid once I turned 18 and got my first card. So then years later, my bank offered me some crappy secured credit card where I give them $100 for a credit card with $500. After a year of using it and paying my balance off in full every month they quadrupled my limit and gave me my $100 back. Now I'm doing great managing my credit. This is the route I would go if you can OP.
    Cool beans and ya my bank has something like that. Was just considering using FH on small things just as a added thing to help improve credit. Also wondered about others experience with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cool beans and ya my bank has something like that. Was just considering using FH on small things just as a added thing to help improve credit. Also wondered about others experience with it.
    Awesome man! It'll definitely help. Once you start improving it just a little you'll be amazed at the credit card offers that come pouring in the mail. I just tossed one away literally an hour ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Awesome man! It'll definitely help. Once you start improving it just a little you'll be amazed at the credit card offers that come pouring in the mail. I just tossed one away literally an hour ago.
    Ya only gotten one so far. It was 25% interest and a monthly payment even if I didn't use it. Threw that one in the trash lol. Atm I down as a user on my gf's but it helps my credit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If you repeatedly fail to make payments on dept, you get strike marking on your record for 2-3 years which leads to losing your credibility to get loans.

Continuing to not pay the same debt can increase the time the strike stays on record up to 20 years.
    So then you have a credit report just like the US does

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    And you won't have children or relatives I hope.
    Dont have and never will have kids or a spouse. It doesnt matter anyway. Your family members arent required to pay your debts. It would be taken out of any estate you leave behind before they get anything but they cant be forced to legally pay expenses they didnt incur themselves if they decline the estate.

If you're in the US, this should be the only thing you get to start building or fixing credit: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-ca...ed-mastercard/

Everything else is a scam or close to it. Other reputable credit companies offer such cards as well.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I started to use credit kinda late in my life so I've only had a credit history that's just over a year old.

Secured Visa card from a credit union is the easiest way to start. To start with my bank required at least 1/3 over the credit limit in a collateral account for one. So if you have $600 in your collateral account your credit limit was $400. After 1 year they removed that restriction and whatever is in your collateral account is your limit.

After that I applied for a BestBuy credit card and was approved for a decent 4k limit. The APR is an outrageous 25%, but if you buy from BestBuy you can get no interest for 12-24 months on your purchase. If your in the market to buy a new TV and sound system it's an easy way to build some credit up because your making a large long term purchase. The card can be used for any purchases if you get the Visa on it so if you will end up using it for other types of purchases just make sure you pay that charge off at the end of the month.

What is your actual credit score and credit history length?

The "credit score" idea seems absurdly stupid. Taking credit for small and stupid stuff so you can build a score that allows you to... take more credit ?

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The "credit score" idea seems absurdly stupid. Taking credit for small and stupid stuff so you can build a score that allows you to... take more credit ?
    Being responsible with small stuff shows lenders that you're capable of handling possibly larger stuff.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't understand why people buy consoles to begin with, tbh. Keyboard and mouse are much better gaming tools than controllers, and you can get much better gaming specs by just upgrading your desktop rig every few years instead of buying entirely new consoles. Plus, you get multiple uses out of the computer. A console will let you game and watch movies.

I actually have a PS3, but I almost never use it, and when I do, it's almost exclusively as a DVD player.
    It looks like you're trying to make this a console bash topic, that can't be right, right? Because opinions and all that, and off topic jazz etc..

From what I heard from american friends (dutch here, so can't fully relate 100%. We get a credit card pretty much the moment we turn 18 here), just get a credit card. Do all your shopping from it, and Pay. It. Off. That is the best way.