Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Leaked document says 2000 men allegedly assaulted 1200 German women on New Year’s Eve

At first, there was complete silence from officials. As rumors spread on social media, police had nothing to say about allegations of mass sexual assaults and other crimes carried out on New Year's Eve in the German city of Cologne.

It was only days later that officials reported that hundreds of women were victims of assault in Cologne, Hamburg and other German cities.

But numbers that are now emerging are likely to shock a country still coming to terms with what happened in Cologne more than half a year ago. According to a leaked police document, published by Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper and broadcasters NDR and WDR, the previous estimates have to be dramatically revised — upward.

Authorities now think that on New Year's Eve, more than 1,200 women were sexually assaulted in various German cities, including more than 600 in Cologne and about 400 in Hamburg.

More than 2,000 men were allegedly involved, and 120 suspects — about half of them foreign nationals who had only recently arrived in Germany — have been identified.

Only four have been convicted, but more trials are underway.
    Halina Wawzyniak, a lawmaker from the Left Party, told The Washington Post last week that immigration issues and sexual-assault cases should not be linked, as refugees could end up facing a "double punishment" by being deported. "The debate used to be about 'no means no' — now all that is being talked about in social networks are foreigners again," she said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...new-years-eve/

What annoys me more than these acts, is that people try to cover them up to prevent racial tensions from rising...

Deleted
    What's their definition of assault

2 were raped. others touched and robbed

Were they all MMO-C Gen-OT users?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    What annoys me more than these acts, is that people try to cover them up to prevent racial tensions from rising...
    That will only make people more pissed when it is exposed

Look, when integrating other people into a new culture there is going to be some growing pains. The question is whether this was a full on cover up or was it just not handed out on the streets, screaming "Look at this! Look at this!!!"

Eitherway, I'm sure we can hand wave this away as a "lessons learned"
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-07-11 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Look, when integrating other people into a new culture there is going to be some growing pains. The question is whether this was a full on cover up or was it just not handed out the streets screaming "look at this look at this!!!"

I'm sure we can hand wave this away as a "lessons learned"
    Growing pains? That is an understatement, if that happened here there would be a lot of social unrest

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is actually not helping that cause anyway, what is more likely to inflame racial tensions is not just that its happening its that the whole thing gets covered up and denied in the name of stopping racism, then the far right can swoop in because guess what? At least they are calling a spade a spade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Get ready for some good ol' fashioned victim blaming...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Basically: entering their personal bubble without consent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well someone has to pay the price of feels good politics and cheap unskilled labor.

10+ Year Old Account
    2000 men involved and 120 suspects half of which were/are recently arrived foreigners. Am i misinterpreting the info presented in the OP?

What am i missing here? Is this an anti-refugee thread? I ain't no defender of rapists, regardless of their nationality, but if the agenda here is to build a case agaisn't male refugees based on 60 alleged offenders out of 2000, even conceding the possibility of that number being larger, is a bit....far fetched, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Look, when integrating other people into a new culture there is going to be some growing pains. The question is whether this was a full on cover up or was it just not handed out on the streets, screaming "Look at this! Look at this!!!"

Eitherway, I'm sure we can hand wave this away as a "lessons learned"
    Well i am for one glad we can throw these girls on a sacrificial alter while we wait for these people to integrate so middle-class white people can feel good about themself for having "saved the world"
    Well that's assuming they will ever integrate in the first place, but i am sure they will.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It is likely that authorities did not want to risk fueling tensions without having certainty over how many refugees or foreign nationals were involved in the assaults. German media outlets usually do not specify the nationalities of suspects. Providing their nationalities would be a violation of the country's press codex — a voluntary set of rules determining how media outlets should operate.

Following the New Year's Eve assaults, police departments vowed to release information on similar assaults quicker in the future. At times, however, this has led to refugees being accused of crimes they did not commit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...y-to-be-known/

Time for Germany to bring back the gas chambers. Only cure for this immigrant/'refugee' scum.

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-11 at 06:05 PM. Reason: clarification

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    2000 men involved and 120 suspects half of which were/are recently arrived foreigners. Am i misinterpreting the info presented in the OP?

What am i missing here? Is this an anti-refugee thread? I ain't no defender of rapists, regardless of their nationality, but if the agenda here is to build a case agaisn't male refugees based on 60 alleged offenders out of 2000, even conceding the possibility of that number being larger, is a bit....far fetched, no?
    You´re new to this topic hm? Welcome, enjoy the dance of the xenophobes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Time for Germany to bring back the gas chambers. Only cure for this immigrant/'refugee' scum.
    Reported... dude whats wrong with you.

germans cant handle their beer
    Be feared, or be fuel

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    So just out of curiosity. Who in your mind is ok to kill in concentration camps?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.