Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Attempting and achieving are two very different things.

Looks like he's trying to make an effort at least. I guess we'll see.
    He managed to anger some of the cop fraternal organizations. That count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    He managed to anger some of the cop fraternal organizations. That count?
    I'd imagine that would have happened if he had only fired a single officer, that is their job after all.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine that would have happened if he had only fired a single officer, that is their job after all.
    Basically he stopped favoring the white dudes, from what I remember. Beazy may have a better memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically he stopped favoring the white dudes, from what I remember.
    Whoa, wait a sec, there was a documented history of white officers being favored in some way in Dallas? Now you got me curious, have to look this up.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, wait a sec, there was a documented history of white officers being favored in some way in Dallas? Now you got me curious, have to look this up.
    Just typical Union politics. He wanted to unite the 4 factions, they didn't like this, he investigated claims from the black Union, the others didn't like this, there's been some fights over discipline.

I just remember a tv segment that accused him of being racist because he was disciplining more and talking with the black Union lol

- - - Updated - - -

... Just really zed. DPD is like GoT. Pls don't end up like Ned Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    Just typical Union politics. He wanted to unite the 4 factions, they didn't like this, he investigated claims from the black Union, the others didn't like this, there's been some fights over discipline.

I just remember a tv segment that accused him of being racist because he was disciplining more and talking with the black Union lol

- - - Updated - - -

LOL it's seriously starting to feel that way.

Not having much luck finding anything outside the shooting other than his son was shot by police. I'll have to dig more after dinner, I heard the next season of GoT is starting later than usual next year and I have to pass the time somehow I guess

And I understand why you feel that way in general. In this specific situation we have a head cop who is reforming the police and kicking out corruption. If a person doesn't want to help that, they're kind of kicking themselves.

I will grant that the DPD are underpaid though.
    Crissi. I would LOVE to see someone argue in favor for a pay increase for cops. And you know damn well where the opposition would come from.

Also, it's hilarious to watch people say it's dangerous to be a cop while supporting the group making it that dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they're going to increase the pay, they wont get anyone. The current cop shortage in Dallas is due to under payment. The good cops leave Dallas for the nearby cities of Arlington, Fort Worth, and others because these cities pay better. That is pretty much the main reason. So while this advocacy to join is noble and all, any who join wont stay.

Basically, blame Dallas City Council for being cheap and undervaluing their police force.
    Im pretty sure no matter what they pay, its more than the thugs are getting from welfare or McDonalds, and Id be willing to bet money, they could offer $150,000 per year and very few of them would take the job, its too much work to go through the training

Deleted
    You're a book fan and not a show fan I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I'll argue for it! I'd even be ok with a tax hike for it. DAllas is being cheap when they need to be competitive

Hey I'll argue for it! I'd even be ok with a tax hike for it. DAllas is being cheap when they need to be competitive
    "Killer cops want more money to bring tyranny to the black fommunity."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Im actually not a fan in general. Got a hold on A Game of Thrones book, recently tried to watch the 1st season...and blah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Im actually not a fan in general. Got a hold on A Game of Thrones book, recently tried to watch the 1st season...and blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Crissi. I would LOVE to see someone argue in favor for a pay increase for cops.
    Hey, if it meant they could raise their recruitment standards and get things sorted out in the DPD finally I'd be all for it.

Deleted
    Good can prevail over evil. But you will need to stare into the abyss.

I came from the abyss. If you try to see through the eyes of the abyss it will forever change you.

But you will become a blue-light-saber wielding Jedi.

A guardian.

It suits you.

Hey, if it meant they could raise their recruitment standards and get things sorted out in the DPD finally I'd be all for it.
    Actually, increasing the payout just draws in more people. It does zero alone to guarantee quality.

Or change the opinion of the zealots who would paint this as a summon card for more racist cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, increasing the payout just draws in more people. It does zero alone to guarantee quality.
    Exactly my point. I'd be all for it if it meant they could raise their recruitment standards and finally get their shit sorted out.

Exactly my point. I'd be all for it if it meant they could raise their recruitment standards and finally get their shit sorted out.
    Please define both of those qualities. I get the distinct feeling you want to hurl racist like it's going out of style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please define both of those qualities. I get the distinct feeling you want to hurl racist like it's going out of style.
    I'm not even sure what you're asking or accusing me of here. How do you hurl racist? Or is that a thing and not an action? Like some brand or movement I don't know about?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Instead of robot fast food workers, maybe we should prioritize development of robot cops.
    Please put down your weapon. You have 20 seconds to comply.

Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-07-12 at 12:32 AM.

I'm not even sure what you're asking or accusing me of here. How do you hurl racist? Or is that a thing and not an action? Like some brand or movement I don't know about?
    I asked you to define those qualities. Please do or this can be safely tossed in the pile with "Wanting accountability" as pointless buzzwords.