Profession levels for Legion

Pardon if this has been posted elsewhere on the forums, I wasn't able to find it in a search - but what level will professions have to be when Legion launches to be able to craft the Legion recipes? Will it be similar to WoD, where you can craft most recipes at level 1 but daily cooldowns will be less effective?

There is no minimum requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there actually any benefit from having maxed your profession? From what I've read it doesn't actually seem the case.

you can craft anything at lvl 1, you dont have daily cooldowns and you dont have the limited to use only 3 crafted itens

As far as I know, the only limitation to having your profession at level 1, is that you don't get any profession world quests. They only pop up on your map if you have your profession at level 300+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TofuBandita View Post
    As far as I know, the only limitation to having your profession at level 1, is that you don't get any profession world quests. They only pop up on your map if you have your profession at level 300+.
    Wrong. Have done like +20 world quest for mining and got mining under 200. Dont know exactly how it works but seems like its go with profession quests and they open world quests for that profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhonyx View Post
    Wrong. Have done like +20 world quest for mining and got mining under 200. Dont know exactly how it works but seems like its go with profession quests and they open world quests for that profession.
    I believe it was 300 skill required for profession WQs but was then dropped to 100.

Deleted
    So there is no incentive to lvl proffs past 300? Lame.

So Legion gives zero benefit to people who have their professions already leveled to 700?

That's really messed up. I can just blow away all my existing level 700 professions and just pick new ones and it doesn't make any difference?

Blizzards fixation on making everything so very easy for noobs is fine until it starts completely negating the past efforts of veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    So Legion gives zero benefit to people who have their professions already leveled to 700?

That's really messed up. I can just blow away all my existing level 700 professions and just pick new ones and it doesn't make any difference?

Blizzards fixation on making everything so very easy for noobs is fine until it starts completely negating the past efforts of veterans.
    The past efforts of veterans? Get over yourself. Other than hard-to-obtain (or impossible) recipes, there hasn't been a reward for sticking with a profession other than convenience or saving yourself a few thousand gold (the cost to powerlevel a profession) for years now.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some items crafted by professions need 800 to be used. Look them up on wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Virtually nothing. I checked a bunch of my characters on beta and the single item I found that had a level requirement was the leathercrafting mount.

Literally everything else had no requirement at all or a character level requirement.

Crafting seems to be the weakest area of Legion by far. The list of craftable items showing on the various characters list of unlearned recipes is very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Virtually nothing. I checked a bunch of my characters on beta and the single item I found that had a level requirement was the leathercrafting mount.

Literally everything else had no requirement at all or a character level requirement.

Crafting seems to be the weakest area of Legion by far. The list of craftable items showing on the various characters list of unlearned recipes is very small.
    Unless I'm mistaken... they still have a month and a half before Legion profession content is utilized. Plenty of time to flush everything out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I believe it was 300 skill required for profession WQs but was then dropped to 100.
    Do you have any source on that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    isnt that only for the mounts/cosmetics?

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    isnt that only for the mounts/cosmetics?
    Just using the wowhead profession database (restrictions: added in Legion, required skill >1), I find that:

Deployable Bullet Dispenser requires Engineering 350.
    Leatherworking has a mount requiring skill 800.

I doubt that's a full list, though.