10+ Year Old Account

Michigan courthouse shooting: Two deputies and gunman killed

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-can...ource=facebook

A gunman has killed two police officers and wounded two others outside a courthouse in the US state of Michigan.
    Berrien County Sheriff Paul Bailey confirmed to reporters at a news conference that two sheriff's deputies were killed along with the gunman.
    The courthouse in the resort town of St Joseph - about 100 miles (160km) east of Chicago - was put under lockdown and an employee tweeted about the shooting.

Michigan Governor Rick Snyder confirmed the shooting on his Twitter account.
    A deputy sheriff and another person were shot and have been taken to hospital, where they are in a stable condition.
    Mr Bailey called the deaths of his colleagues "terrible".

The shooting comes after a gunman targeted and killed five police officers were killed in Dallas.
    The gunman, Micah Xavier Johnson, told police that he was upset about recent officer-involved shootings of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is turning out to be one bloody year

I have a feeling that these shootings are going to increase in frequency.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Oh, we haven't had a thread like this in like four hours, 'tis a calm year in the US, not?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-...020502905.html

There was this one from a couple days ago as well.

Murica is gonna run out of police officers soon, but plenty of unstable people and guns to go around.

Seriously,can we have a Megathread for all the shootings? Every third thread is about some deaths at a shooting .

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the lesson we'll learn because of all this is to not endorse violent hate groups who preach hate, division and racism.

You guys don't know all the facts. IDK if this is true but what i heard was the guy overpowered the one guard and killed the two guards before being killed.

What a funny world we live in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I wonder if the lesson we'll learn because of all this is to not endorse violent hate groups who preach hate, division and racism.
    And not endorse moron politicians that do nothing but fearmonger

7+ Year Old Account
    Like the GOP? I agree.

Southern Strategy, anyone?

Google, Facebook and Twitter including

10+ Year Old Account
    Americans are very shooty.

This is about the worst written article I think I've ever read. Micah Xavier Johnson is the name of the Dallas shooter, has nothing to do with a shooting that happened in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    This is about the worst written article I think I've ever read. Micah Xavier Johnson is the name of the Dallas shooter, has nothing to do with a shooting that happened in Michigan.
    "The shooting comes after a gunman targeted and killed five police officers were killed in Dallas.

The gunman, Micah Xavier Johnson, told police that he was upset about recent officer-involved shootings of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota."

Reading is hard.

Western Michigan isn't as bad as Detroit but it has a few really bleak areas, but that's not one of them. Looks like the shooter went for soft target area picking a resort town, which are pretty common all the way around the Great Lakes border. At least they didn't burn it to the ground like in Detroit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    "The shooting comes after a gunman targeted and killed five police officers were killed in Dallas.

The gunman, Micah Xavier Johnson, told police that he was upset about recent officer-involved shootings of black men in Louisiana and Minnesota."

Reading is hard.
    I think it's because I read the article that has me so confused. The two incidents may or may not have anything to do with one another. There aren't any facts that I have seen in the article that would suggest that the two were related. Why mention this other incident? Irresponsible reporting either way.
    Last edited by Seani; 2016-07-11 at 11:33 PM.