Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    almost murdered 17 people tryin to get my pokemans while driving around, so yes
    Pretty sure I was tailed by the local police for possible drunk driving because I was driving around looking for pokemon at 3AM going 30 down a 45 (But it was a Snorlax so worth it)

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwner View Post
    The general impression I get from youth of today is that your 11 year old is way behind the curve if (s)he wasn't already clamouring for a smart phone, tablet or both. And I wouldn't blame them either, I was clamouring for what was my day's closest equivalents of them back when I was that age too.
    Oh she has an iPad and an iPod for which text her little friends with at a fevered pitch.

I dunno, I might stab someone for a Mewtwo if there's only 1 out there.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Every time I go for a walk I get the "server problems, please try again later". Makes no sense seeing as I have no signal loss. Then I go home and it loads in like 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Come play with meeeeeeeeee.
    I'll come play with you, how do you feel about dressing up as Pikachu? ^_~

I HAVE NO SMART PHONE! I CURSE YOU ALL! I curse your ability to play Pokemon Go! May you catch only ratata and pidgeys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Can Pokemon Go bring world peace?
    Considering people have already used it to set up armed robbery of players... No.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where annoying New Yorkers come to retire
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Every time I go for a walk I get the "server problems, please try again later". Makes no sense seeing as I have no signal loss. Then I go home and it loads in like 2 seconds.
    Yeah, same here today. Went out downtown with the wife and there were waves of people walking around the marina playing. It was actually kind of creepy. But we kept losing connection, then the server is down, etc... seemed to get worse closer to larger groups (10-20).

Then we got home. BOOM, 5 pokemons waiting in my driveway and no connection issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Considering people have already used it to set up armed robbery of players... No.
    Thats just Team Rocket, they can be blasted off again and again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    soz pal, but pikachu is shit tier.

oh..i see..never mind then...

Quote Originally Posted by bonekrusher View Post
    Yeah, same here today. Went out downtown with the wife and there were waves of people walking around the marina playing. It was actually kind of creepy. But we kept losing connection, then the server is down, etc... seemed to get worse closer to larger groups (10-20).

Then we got home. BOOM, 5 pokemons waiting in my driveway and no connection issues.
    Makes me so salty cause I have a 5km egg.

Can't play it , makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    30,000+ people die from car that weren't their fault each year. Are you not gonna drive?

5,000+ people die each year during consensual sex. Are you gonna stop having sex?

50+ people die each year from drinking too much water. Are you gonna stop drinking water?

1 incident where retards in a real bad neighborhood were luring people in to rob them and they already were arrested and you're acting like its the end of the world.

You were coddled too much as a kid. Get over it.
    lolwut did I imply this was a cataclysmic event? I meant no it isn't going to being world peace considering some are already finding ways to use it maliciously.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a slow moving fan, tape your phone to it. I got 18KM "walking" today

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    If you have a slow moving fan, tape your phone to it. I got 18KM "walking" today
    Oh my god I'm gonna try that.

Edit: didn't work, phone too heavy =[
    Last edited by muto; 2016-07-12 at 03:39 AM.

Didn't even realize it existed until today, then my doorman tells me about it, how you have to physically go places in this gps type world. Neat idea, but I already excersize and do enough physical activity. Games are my relaxing time, but for young kids, and people who need to move around more it seems like a great idea.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2016-07-12 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where annoying New Yorkers come to retire
    Yup. I nabbed two 10km eggs today while we were downtown. Looks like i'll be taking a six mile walk around my neighborhood. Which is a good thing. I'd just rather go out around people and gain those miles. I met a lot of cool people today of all ages. There were families walking around with their kids having a good time. Some old guy was sitting behind us at a cafe and randomly piped in asking if we planned on taking the gym down the block. But yeah the connection issues really suck right now. I'm sure they had no idea how massive this was going to be. Hopefully they can upgrade whatever server situation they've got going on. And the random app crashes need to get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    That's pathetic man, like seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    My boss started playing it last Friday. Today he was out in the office parking lot several times during the day securing a landmark. Just hilarious watching him leave the area and then a few minutes later someone else from a different team walk up and start capturing it. Must have been ~10 different people from the little (~200 people) tech campus I work in that were competing for that one spot.