Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Did you flunk? Because no lawyer would say they are basically the same thing as a cop.
    No, lol. My point is that no one likes lawyers, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    You yourself bolded the part where they're independent contractors. That means they were hired by the arena to work security for that specific job. There's no firing off the police force for that.

Good lord the amount of stupidity you run into every single thread on this site is astounding.
    I know right?

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Why can't you? As long as its private venues and for a private company (the stadium in this case), they have every right to walk out.

And given the article, it looks like they won't be going back.
    Sure, they have the right but that doesn't mean they're entitled to their employment, if their goal was to keep it. Then again, in at-will employment states you can be fired for no reason at all, unless you have some sort of superceding employment contract.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Quote me saying they should be...

Police should police them selfs then?

- - - Updated - - -

Do they talk about systematic change? Would this be a systematic change?

- - - Updated - - -

...and if a player posts an idiotic comment on Twitter, they will tell him to kiss his ass and then threaten to not work the venue?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-browns-games/

Get your politics out of my sports news...
    "Idiotic comment" is trivalizing what Isiah Crowell did on social media. He's lucky Hue Jackson needs all the young talent he can muster to get any kind of offense going for the Browns. If circumstances were different Crowell would've been a commodity in free agency by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sure, they have the right but that doesn't mean they're entitled to their employment, if their goal was to keep it. Then again, in at-will employment states you can be fired for no reason at all, unless you have some sort of superceding employment contract.
    Quitting one job doesn't mean you lose your other job. You keep implying this as if they're actually related when they aren't.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-07-13 at 04:59 AM.

No, lol. My point is that no one likes lawyers, either.
    And, just like BLM with cops, people will whip right around and kiss their feet when shit goes wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

"Idiotic comment" is trivalizing what Isiah Crowell did on social media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quitting one job doesn't mean you lose your other job. You keep implying this as if they're actually related when they aren't.
    Cops deserved to be punished, bro. Why else would people be so adamant to see them fired for daring to not support BLM shenanigans?

I wonder if a person who works two jobs quits one to go to school, if they should be fired.

"Idiotic comment" is trivalizing what Isiah Crowell did on social media. He's lucky Hue Jackson needs all the young talent he can muster to get any kind of offense going for the Browns. If circumstances were different Crowell would've been a commodity in free agency by now.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I'm not. I am referring to the security work.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not. I am referring to the security work.
    They've already stated they're not working for the Lynx again.

Not that they really have to; the only exiciting sports thing in Minisoda is that the Vikings are Super Bowl contenders now. If they didn't have to work for the Lynx before , they for sure as hell won't have to come football season.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Yes, how dare people try and criticize the government in America.
    So you want cops to not react to political statements made by players but its ok for players to do it. Sorry but fuck that. As long as players use thier position to make statements then offduty cops are more than welcome to walk out and find employment at another venue.

. It is their job to protect the public despite the fact that some people might not like them very much.
    Yeah, the court system in the US begs to differ:

Gonzalez v. Castle Rock (2005) Supreme Court
    Warren v. DC (1981) Supreme Court
    Davidson v. City of Westminster (1982) Supreme Court
    Hartzler v. City of San Jose (1975) CA Appeals Court
    Linda Riss v. City of New York (1968) NY Appeals Court
    DeShaney v. Winnebago County (1989) Supreme Court
    Susman v. City of Los Angeles (1969) CA Appeals Court

Every single one of these rulings disproves your statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    I find it funny that you don't source that.
    http://www.vox.com/cards/police-brut...ngs-statistics

Despite 2015 being a big year of supposed turmoil, it was somehow one of the safest years to be a cop.

Funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    You'll find that's difficult when the system is rigged to make you fail.

Everything from housing to predatory lending-minorities are under assault on nearly every front you can imagine that keeps them on the bottom rung. Black people more so than any other.

We need to as a collective stop acting like it's their own failing and not a giant machine that's designed to expunge them from existence, When Black people are getting executed for frivolous reasons, it's no longer a question of their character but the ones administering "justice"
    Implying they have no control over their own actions, that its understandable why they kill each other en masse over turf that doesn't belong to them. You don't hear of the poorest of the poor appalachian people murdering each other wholesale. Living poor is no excuse for violence, no matter how you try to whitewash it.
    That implication that they have no control over their own minds and actions is thinly-veiled racism ala FDR. Stop that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't know about the others, but Warren vs DC was about whether or not the police could be sued for failing to protect someone who was randomly victimized. It's not suggesting that protecting the public isn't one of their basic job functions.
    Wow, talk about missing the mark on that. Warren v. DC was about 3 women who were kidnapped, raped, robbed, and beaten over the course of 14 hours, after having called 911 as someone was breaking into their home. The police showed up, drove around the house, knocked on the door and left when no one answered.

I was incorrect on the court that heard that one, it was the DC Court of Appeals, their ruling:

The Court explained that "[t]he duty to provide public services is owed to the public at large, and, absent a special relationship between the police and an individual, no specific legal duty exists."

While we're on it, I almost forgot one, Lozito v NYC (2013) New York Supreme Court

Which honestly is probably the worst of them, because in this instance the suspect (who was wanted for murdering 4 other people in the previous 28 hours) was actively being searched for by the officers in the case approached them as they were locked inside of the conductors booth on the subway demanding to be let in, claiming he was a cop. The refused and he went off and stabbed a man in the same car while they watched through the window. They did not react to the situation until the victim had subdued the suspect.
    Last edited by Tasttey; 2016-07-13 at 05:59 AM.
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Because if a specific legal duty existed anyone who was the victim of a crime could sue the relevant police department. This is a legal technicality and not at odds with a common sense interpretation of police function.
    You do know what "special relationship between the police and individual" means according to the courts right?

1. When you are physically in police custody.
    2. When you are a government witness being paroled into Federal custody.

That's it. Beyond those 2 points there is no legal precedent that states that the police have a duty/obligation to protect you.

-not when you're a 14 year old kid that goes to child services because your dad's abusing you
    -not when you call them because someone has broken into your house
    -not when your ex-husband who has a restraining order against him shows up at your house and kidnaps your 3 daughters
    -not when your husband tells you he's going to kill you
    -not when you're being stabbed repeatedly in direct view of the police officers

The role of police is to investigate crimes and apprehend suspects, they have no legal duty to prevent crime or protect you.
    Last edited by Tasttey; 2016-07-13 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Well done cops. Now stop patrolling black areas and let nature take its course.

I can see you're just going to cling to the technicality like it's completely descriptive of how the real world actually functions.
    I responded to Celista's statement that it is the police's job to protect the public, citing numerous sources contrary to that statement.

You claim its a technicality, I see it as judicial precedence that the police hold no obligation to protect any given member of the public. Their role is to investigate crimes and apprehend suspects, not protect "the public."

"To serve and protect" isn't a job description, its an advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    I responded to Celista's statement that it is the police's job to protect the public, citing numerous sources contrary to that statement.

You claim its a technicality, I see it as judicial precedence that the police hold no obligation to protect any given member of the public. Their role is to investigate crimes and apprehend suspects, not protect "the public."

"To serve and protect" isn't a job description, its an advertisement.
    These aren't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    These aren't the same thing.
    You're right, one is a single poster's opinion stated as fact, the other is a court ruling countering that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    You're right, one is a single poster's opinion stated as fact, the other is a court ruling countering that opinion.
    No....

A duty to the public at large is not the same as a duty to any given member of the public. Its right there in the words you're writing...

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No....

A duty to the public at large is not the same as a duty to any given member of the public. Its right there in the words you're writing...
    They don't have either, they have a duty to "provide services to the public at large."

What services? Investigate crimes and apprehend/arrest suspects and enforce the law.