Affliction AOE fix? Why overlook this blizzard?

Seriously, I can't be the only one that feel blizzard has missed a HUGE opportunity when making the talents.

Harvest life? Do I need to say more? Seriously the old harvest life that made Drain life aoe draining would fit the affliction warlocks so much.

Bringing back the old soulburn to empower SoC to do what sow of the seeds does and replace Sow of the seeds with harvest life..

Bringing back soulburn would also create more depth to affliction than using 4 globals and spamming drain life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keniwa View Post
    Bringing back soulburn would also create more depth to affliction than using 4 globals and spamming drain life.
    Woah there, can't go having that. Think of the button bloat.

Affliction aoe with STS, SF and GoSac is actually very good.

I'd be happy if SoC just counted ally's damage toward the detonation again.

Quote Originally Posted by FalcFalcFalc View Post
    Affliction aoe with STS, SF and GoSac is actually very good.
    This. It's a lot better than you would expect, especially if running Absolute Corruption as well. It's more subtle but the mechanic works, it's unique to Aff, and the numbers are solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

lol i'll never forget mop harvest life, green beams hitting everyone glorious!

I just wish you didn't have to invest so heavily into talents just to make Affliction able to AOE. They went back on wanting "this to be the AOE build, and this the ST build", but they never actually did anything to change that reality. I personally feel like the SoC talent could either be baseline or removed and have the normal seed of corruption boosted (more preferably having it baseline, as spreading curses is an ideal niche). Or reduce it's AoE potency and give it some benefit for single target.

For myself, I've never found channeled AoEs to be particularly interesting or engaging. I think that Harvest Life would fit the 7.0 Affliction kit well, but I also think that if it were its own spell it would be incredibly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    This. It's a lot better than you would expect, especially if running Absolute Corruption as well. It's more subtle but the mechanic works, it's unique to Aff, and the numbers are solid.
    I was also 100% an enthusiastic supporter of bringing back Harvest Life, to be used with a (perhaps nerfed) Seed for more active AOE. As it stands SF and GoSaC do quite well for AoE without sacrificing ST DPS, but damned if it isn't poor design that so much damage is done by invisible passive cleave. Its just boring. Effective, but boring.

I'd be happy if SoC just counted ally's damage toward the detonation again.
    It triggers pretty quickly from just your dots since the threshold is quite low. The problem I've come across is that with enough targets the Sow the Seeds is not guaranteed to go on your primary target.