Darkfall New Dawn Stress Test

Darkfall New Dawn is stress testing and is free to play until 25th of July. Would you like to try the game and help test the server? You can download the game from https://darkfallnewdawn.com/ and I've put a brief summary of the game below.

Darkfall was an old (ish) sand box full loot mmorpg that ended in 2012 and then spawned Darkfall Unholy Wars. Since then a couple of small groups have bought the license to the original game and are trying to make the changes that many original players asked for but never received. It was inspired by games like Ultima Online and features extremely non-linear game play.

ill give it a go, my inet is shite so it takes me about 3+hrs to download 6gb. although i'm interested in finding a new mmo with more freeform open ended gameplay. this looks like it could be pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    ill give it a go, my inet is shite so it takes me about 3+hrs to download 6gb. although i'm interested in finding a new mmo with more freeform open ended gameplay. this looks like it could be pretty fun.
    It's not without it's flaws and may feel a bit clunky at first but it really has a wealth of options if you are looking for open ended gameplay. And if your connection isn't great you can always gather and craft all day

well I can keep solid connection its just bandwidth, thats my issue, my max down speed is like 500kb/s which is pretty damn slow. can game perfectly fine on that its just the downloading that takes an extraordinary amount of time, its about 30-45mins per 1gb.

I don't mind clunky games so much just interested in varied depth. although its just a stress test ill give it a good go and get an idea of what it'll be like when its closer to a release.

Just wanted to say that i got it and giving it a go, its refreshing, seeing another mmo that doesn't completely hold your hand, i see what you meant by clunky, it definitely feels a bit like EQ, I like the pace and the general ui the bag is very much like that in UO, and the progression is also like UO where you simply get better by doing certain things, no pre picked class.

2nd edit:

I felt the force of a full loss scenario, just grinding mobs and along came 2 dudes swinging away, it kinda made me rage quit but thankfully i kept putting all my money in the bank before i left town so perhaps i'm not all the way back at square 1, although pain in the ass losing all your crafting implements.

Its gunna take a certain amount of tolerance to play this game solo, you definitely need friends to watch your back if you don't wanna get crushed all the time.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-07-16 at 05:27 PM.