It is worth reporting a player?

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask what is the real punishment for players that have been reported?
    I have already read about " silencing player" is the punishment but that is enough?
    All it does that player cannot write in allied chat and stuff ? That isnt really punishment...

Im playing hero league lately and i cannot help my self but there are a LOT of players, who for example went ignorant after they didnt agree with picks and they just played solo whole time.
    Example : player picked nova, so another player raged picked murky instead of healer and was threatening nova that he will report him for picking NOVA and i said that you cannot report him for picking assasin hero so then he went feeding whole time ( fact is the nova player played very well and we actually won that game) so i have reported him for feeding and trying to ruin game, but now whats the point of silencing that player?

Isnt there any more harsh punishment like ban from hero league or something?

Thanks for answers

Is it worth it? Yes. Report them, let Blizzard take care of it.
    However, What you're going for sounds more like spite and wanting to inflict as much as possible for personal vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Is it worth it? Yes. Report them, let Blizzard take care of it.
    However, What you're going for sounds more like spite and wanting to inflict as much as possible for personal vengeance.
    Not rly mate, i understand that some players are maybe angry teens or something, but do you want to have these kind of players around when you want to enjoy the game but this people are trying to ruin it on purpose? The target should be to give them proper lesson that they cannot do everything they want, whenever they want . IF for example they get BAN for 2 weeks from hero league or something, they will definetly change their mind for next time dont you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Not rly mate, i understand that some players are maybe angry teens or something, but do you want to have these kind of players around when you want to enjoy the game but this people are trying to ruin it on purpose? The target should be to give them proper lesson that they cannot do everything they want, whenever they want . IF for example they get BAN for 2 weeks from hero league or something, they will definetly change their mind for next time dont you think?
    That's ridiculous.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    That's ridiculous.
    explanation to your opinion?

15+ Year Old Account
    explanation to your opinion?
    "Someone pissed me off because they didn't play well or were salty - TWO WEEK BAN"

Get real.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The reasons why you would want to report someone is clear and evident. The level of vengefulness is what seemed to be what you wanted to discuss. I can't say what level of punishment will be considered justifiable, but everyone has their own perspective on it. Just like in most courtroom cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    "Someone pissed me off because they didn't play well or were salty - TWO WEEK BAN"

Get real.
    Really? i didnt said that, i didnt mentioned someone who didnt played well... if someone is bad or noob that is not reason for report of course, but if someone is trying to ruin the game by intention this is clearly two different things. So please next time read the whole post and try to understand the meaning and I said : ban from hero league as an example not ban from whole game.

- - - Updated - - -

The reasons why you would want to report someone is clear and evident. The level of vengefulness is what seemed to be what you wanted to discuss. I can't say what level of punishment will be considered justifiable, but everyone has their own perspective on it. Just like in most courtroom cases.
    exactly and what i want to find out in this forum and why this topic was created is : If there are more harsh punishments than silencing a player? Because if " silencing" is the only punishment then clearly, it is total waste of time to report someone because this will not improve in game experience. I know no one who got banned or something from Hots thats why im asking.

Really? i didnt said that, i didnt mentioned someone who didnt played well... if someone is bad or noob that is not reason for report of course, but if someone is trying to ruin the game by intention this is clearly two different things. So please next time read the whole post and try to understand the meaning and I said : ban from hero league as an example not ban from whole game.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly and what i want to find out in this forum and why this topic was created is : If there are more harsh punishments than silencing a player? Because if " silencing" is the only punishment then clearly, it is total waste of time to report someone because this will not improve in game experience. I know no one who got banned or something from Hots thats why im asking.
    I wouldnt be surprised if there were some sort of temporary ban if an excessive amount of players reported that same person you speak of. If this is really an issued on a flawed system, try starting a thread on the official HoTs Forum where blues can directly reply through the thread if it blows up

I wouldnt be surprised if there were some sort of temporary ban if an excessive amount of players reported that same person you speak of. If this is really an issued on a flawed system, try starting a thread on the official HoTs Forum where blues can directly reply through the thread if it blows up
    Thank you for your opinion

Deleted
    Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask what is the real punishment for players that have been reported?
    I have already read about " silencing player" is the punishment but that is enough?
    All it does that player cannot write in allied chat and stuff ? That isnt really punishment...

Im playing hero league lately and i cannot help my self but there are a LOT of players, who for example went ignorant after they didnt agree with picks and they just played solo whole time.
    Example : player picked nova, so another player raged picked murky instead of healer and was threatening nova that he will report him for picking NOVA and i said that you cannot report him for picking assasin hero so then he went feeding whole time ( fact is the nova player played very well and we actually won that game) so i have reported him for feeding and trying to ruin game, but now whats the point of silencing that player?

Isnt there any more harsh punishment like ban from hero league or something?

Thanks for answers
    My friend is a yap and constantly bes silenced lol, so the reports defo work after awhile. But it isn't really gonna effect anything unless it was a permanent ban (which is probs not gonna happen) The game is free to play aswell so doubt players take any real silences serious tbh.

@Fidisko:
    Is it worth reporting payers?
    Yes. t takes less than a minute to do so. You'll be doing a service to everyone (assuming the reports are genuine).

Is there any harsh punishment?
    No not really, but multiple reports will stack. Silenced players will be locked out of HL. The more reports accumulate, the longer the silence lasts. Blizz customer service reps do check the reports and there have been some cases where he offenders have been busted on the forums already (just like the way it happens on the LOL forums)

To be honest, it's good to report but I don't think the punishment would be harsh. I remember in HL there is a player that would constantly pick Dehaka, Leoric or 3 Vikings in order to suicide and make his own team lose. So many people reported him but I remember seeing him for 2 weeks straight before I gave up HL.

You can report someone for abusive chat, or feeding, constantly runing into death just for lolz and they might punish them. You can report someone for not following your guides but they wont do shit about it.

its a Blizzard game, so they are much more focused on banning/silencing players that are vocal towards others, compared to players that feed/troll but don't type rude words at the same time

best advice for you is just to mute public chat and play your own game tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    If someone is rude, report them for it even if you don't think Blizzard will do anything about it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Dunno, I talk shit a lot, and have never been silenced. Maybe they weigh things like feeding more, and I never do that.