Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Huge changes like these should not happen with anything less than 66% of a majority vote.

Because with a 52% majority you'll just have too big of a chance that in a few years (when the older generation died off a bit more) that public opinion will strongly sway the opposite way again.

What is the UK going to do when the public opinion strongly feels in the year 2020 that it should be part of the EU again? (And chances are pretty high it will)
    What constitutes a big change? See, there is a risk here of the creeping definition of "big change?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It really does suck though that there actually exist people who voted leave as a joke thinking it'd never actually happen. I hope that same mentality doesn't exist in the US come November.
    That was a very very tiny amount of people. It's just pro-EU propaganda that's built this whole "bREGRETxit" thing up as another way to just make brexiters look like idiots.

More people voted Brexit than anyhting in UK history. The vast majority knew full well what they were voting.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something just plain retarded with people.

Let's say another referendum happens, and it's a remain vote with 52% remain and 48% leave. Can the Leave group then demand another referendum for best out of 3? Then best out of 5? If the Remain group then said "Nope, we stay now lol", then there's major hypocrisy.....

Where does it end? Is this what shit's coming to these days? Moan and cry when shit doesn't go your way? Same shit happened with Scottish Independance. It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    They should not do a second referendum.... but this guy is a fucking joke: genreation snowflaks/ get of your playstation/ educated idiots/ saved democracy.... seriously this guys is just spouting buzzworld and crap...

EU is not doing the superstats he's talking about.

EU is as democratic or even more than most commonwealth country like canada or UK.

He is just craping on pro stay with false genralisation... good job on showing how better you are than people who are saying that it's only old poor racist people who voted leave...
    I felt the comment section of that clip was a bit one-sided so I made a contribution:

I figured the comment section could use some more balance, so I would like to contribute to that by congratulating you on a great delivery of a psychotic rant that had all you could ask for: A condescending tone, arrogance, misinformation and a stare that is either hypnotic or hateful. In fact it would seem like these young people of whom you speak are more educated than you, because had you looked it up you should know that the EU is democratic and that your rhetoric is just bullshit. A directly elected parliament as a lower house that represents the people through proportional representation that passes laws jointly with a council as an upper house where each member state has one vote representing each government. An indirectly elected executive proposed by the upper house, approved by the lower house and dismissed at will by the lower house - which is the same as any other parliamentary system, although the proposing part is done by a monarch and the upper house is mostly appointed in the case of the UK. That you didn't elect those MEPs from the other 27 member states or their governments is no different from the fact that you didn't vote for any of the other 649 MPs for the House of Commons than the one from your own constituency. By your logic I guess the UK Parliament is a bunch of people that those in your constituency didn't vote for so therefore it is an undemocratic institution and you should vote to leave the UK. Not the same? Why? Because Nationalism. Misinformation and irrationality like that is why some people are using their Freedom of Speech to voice their dismay over the referendum result. Doesn't mean they consider it invalid. It's simply that they are using their democratic right to reassert, energize and organize themselves so that they can begin a long journey of fighting towards re-entry in 10, 20 or 30 years time. Given that they have just had rights robbed from them, such as their right to move and live free over a larger geographic and cultural area than their sole member state, by being stripped of their European citizenship, one could understand why they would want to do that. Because Freedom. 
    Last edited by Zarc; 2016-07-12 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I hear is Whhaaaaaaaaaa we didnt get our way so we will try again and again. Give it up. You lost. And the majority of those people probably arent even from the UK and just trying to force them to accept what the other EU countries want them to do instead of letting them decide on their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to do a second vote. It sets a bad precedent. It really does suck though that there actually exist people who voted leave as a joke thinking it'd never actually happen. I hope that same mentality doesn't exist in the US come November.
    Oh it will. We are riding on a tidal wave of anti-globalism and anti-establishment status quo
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-07-12 at 10:58 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    In other words - to be sure nobody can leave.

60% majority vote would be reasonable, imo. 75% voter turnout is extremely unlikely.

To have to meet both conditions is ridiculous.
    Referendums typically have higher voter turnout than general elections. For example the 1995 Quebec referendum voter turnout had a 93.52%, so 75% doesn't seem too unlikely.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2016-07-12 at 11:08 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Making such generalisation over something as complexe as why people voted in or out is not being right... redoing the referendum is wrong. It's also wrong to generalize younger generation with buzzcrap word like snowflakes, or saying they didn't vote because PlayStation....

As it is to say that all old people are just dumb racist.

He state stuff like young generation been brainwashed by EU and by elite... it's based on nothing... it's like saying leave as been brainwashed by some other elite (Johnson Gove etc..)

People voted now it's done.... bashing on stay camp is as stupid as wanting a new referendum.
    There's a video of a guy askng why people love the eu so much and want to stay and nobody could come up with anything besides free movement and they love the eu. Prove the guy in the video wrong because he sounds a lot more educated than you do.

Seriously, whatever happened to old people being wiser than the young know it alls?

Can't wait till Italy blows up in everyones' face here in a bit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There's a video of a guy askng why people love the eu so much and want to stay and nobody could come up with anything besides free movement and they love the eu. Prove the guy in the video wrong because he sounds a lot more educated than you do.

Seriously, whatever happened to old people being wiser than the young know it alls?
    More educated than me lol.. what kind a crap is that... i'm stupid cause i don't fall into generalization ....

there is good argument on both side of the issue, wanting a second ref. is wrong, but it's understandable that people are scared... i don't have to prove him wrong... he does that well enough on his own, see, when you say people who voted stay are all sheep and people who voted leave are the one who have "mind of their own" or "they could not vote because they were playing PS4" you destroy anything you say after... same thing for people who say old voted out because they are racist... see "educated" people don't fall into those crap point... if you want to debate an issue as complex as this one, where it is insanely hard to grasp everything that is involved you do it with respect for people who don't think like you
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-07-12 at 11:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    More educated than me lol.. what kind a crap is that... i'm stupid cause i don't fall into generalization ....

there is good argument on both side of the issue, wanting a second ref. is wrong, but it's understandable that people are scared... i don't have to prove him wrong... he does that well enough on his own, see, when you say people who voted stay are all sheep and people who voted leave are the one who have "mind of their own" or "they could not vote because they were playing PS4" you destroy anything you say after... same thing for people who say old voted out because they are racist... see "educated" people don't fall into those crap point... if you want to debate an issue as complex as this one, where it is insanely hard to grasp everything that is involved you do it with respect for people who don't think like you
    Considering his age, he knows more about the world than you and he's not wrong when he said young people just didn't vote despite having the loudest voice about this. You can't prove him wrong because he isn't. The amount of entitlement and spin doctoring from the remain people is astronomical.

But yeah, that's how smart people like you think. Dismiss somebody who doesn't agree with you and isn't afraid to say you're wrong.

Didn't they say no to this days ago?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ition-response

That and many of the people signing this petition are non existent or not eligible.

It is like being a parent, giving child a choice with what they do, but if they choose something you don't want to do, you will change rules. Also I still despise people saying "oh it was few percent". LOL over million votes more - one million real people voted, and you want to tell them that theirs decision was not relevant since 1 million is about 1% ...

Also funny fact is about that mostly rich counties voted to remain, while smaller and poorer voted to leave (probably because people have enough of pumping money into Londonstan, capital of foreigners). Also people that were saying "it is all because of old people" "they should not be allowed to vote" should not have right to vote themselves since all they can is to oppress older people ...

On the other hand I can imagine that UK will not leave anyway, since leaving is not what rich people want, and they are they ones that have true power over all other (poor) people. If there will be 2nd referendum I would expect riots ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Considering his age, he knows more about the world than you and he's not wrong when he said young people just didn't vote despite having the loudest voice about this. You can't prove him wrong because he isn't. The amount of entitlement and spin doctoring from the remain people is astronomical.

But yeah, that's how smart people like you think. Dismiss somebody who doesn't agree with you and isn't afraid to say you're wrong.
    Age as nothing to do with anything... it's not argument, even more so when experience in life won't make you better as taking a decision like that ... also i don't mind having a discussion with someone that doesn't agree with me, this is how you evolve on political idea. i never said i was smarter, you claim i was dumber than him...

he makes no argument

- generation snowflakes... pure crap, generalization of a generation... not an argument
    - PlayStation crap... again some crappy joke... no argument there
    - the 350 billion is a broken promise, also it's not 350 billion it's more 190 billion, that in the end they will probably spend on buying access to free market or will be lost in border fees...
    - there is no EU propaganda in school or university, EU invest in research and school, saying that it's propaganda is just false, it's not because you invest in something that you are making "propaganda" again not an argument just some crap
    -making an example out of southern Europe... if those country are in trouble it's not because of EU, same thing with Greece, Greece is in trouble cause it was corrupted to the bones before entering EU.. also why no mention of country like Denmark or Sweden... they are also in Europe if i'm not mistaken..
    - you can still make laws affecting you're country, and UK had a voice in the laws that the EU were making. EU MPs are elected.
    - the all argument about elites in media is just crap, many media were pro-leave and many elites were too.
    - yes most expert said leaving was a bad idea, calling them idiots is not making an argument.
    - saying he saved democracy is just crap, Eu is as democratic if not more than England.
    - saying Eu is going become a superstate is wrong, some country made a proposal but it's never going to pass and you know why... cause EU is democratic.

Like i said he is just throwing shit, i'm not from England, i don't live there, i think staying was the best choice but i understand some argument made to leave, Eu is far from perfect and i come from a country who said no many time (Switzerland). Sorry this guy is just a condescending moron.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-07-13 at 02:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm sure Nigel Farage will be there to defend his party. Which he no longer represents. Actually...where is he?
    UKIP are virtually dead