Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your main played games with lots of stuff to be loaded/lots of loading screens, basically the games you play like 80% of the time, should be installed on the SSD.

Also, your internet browser, no joke.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

With a 128 gig SSD, it's not going to be a big game....I'm not especially concerned with loading times, but can it harm performance/damage the hardware ?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you either move or delete your page file and clean up your installation, turn off hibernate... You'd be amazed how much space you'd be left with. A few years ago I had a crucial m4 128gb ssd, had windows 7 on it, as well as a plethora of games, especially wow and rift. Circa 2011/12

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly are you worried would damage hardware?
    "A flower.

If this just slow down the load times, I don't mind much. Does having the games on a separate drive reduce performance ?

(I have to use the computer for work, so I can't afford any hardware failure-that's to the point that I never dared playing remotely demanding games like Dragon Age for more than 30 minutes in a row, to not stress the hardware. Essentially, if the fans make any noise, I shut the game.)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-07-13 at 03:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll improve performance, for your scenario.

If the fans make noise that's because they're shitty quality fans. Fans that come with Dells, HPs, Gateways, etc, are always shit and always loud. Period. Get yourself a real case, put all of your hardware in there, use bigger, higher quality fans, and you'll never hear them.

Jeez though, you are way too worried about your computer. Just because a game makes the fans spin up doesn't mean your computer will break after an hour. It's really not going to affect it. Your computer will live as long as it is meant to live and games are so unlikely to change that, that I swear to you, you have nothing to worry about. Play games, enjoy yourself.

The CPU heatsink is likely the Intel stock heatsink that is small and loud, not as bad as the AMD, but still bad. It's likely spinning up at a measly 60 Celsius on the CPU (not at all damaging) so you really can take a chill pill, relax, play a game or five!
    "A flower.