Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Especially to a statement that is usually espoused by white supremacists.
    In opposition to a hate movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm not so sure it would. have people apologized for BLM taking over... Pride Parade, Bernie & Hilary speaches, etc?
    The people to apologize for that are BLM...not anyone else. This group is apologizing for one of their members going rogue and twisting the national anthem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Too bad this contradicts many of your past posts, and hence the bigger problem at hand. The fact that if this was a BLM agenda, you probably wouldn't even be commenting in this thread.
    It doesn't contradict any of my posts. My personal feelings regarding Black Lives Matters and All Lives Matter have nothing to do with this. I object to my country's National Anthem being twisted to serve up ANY political agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember that Canada doesn't have the same first amendment rights as America. It's not fucking racist. Saying "All lives Matter" doesn't make you a racist. But there's a time and a place to say it. As others have said that's not the place to do it. Hold a political event and do it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It doesn't contradict any of my posts. My personal feelings regarding Black Lives Matters and All Lives Matter have nothing to do with this. I object to my country's National Anthem being twisted to serve up ANY political agenda.
    I've never understood that. What do people care what others use the song they like for their agenda? You can still enjoy the original national anthem if you want, no one has rid you of anything...

But then, I've never understood the concept of "sacred" things in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'm not really sure why this is becoming a canadian thing? Blacks in canada don't and never have faced the same issues as african americans. Maybe they just watch american politics too much?

It's pretty embarrassing to apologize for essentially saying: I don't care what race you are, your life matters because you are part of the human brotherhood
    It clearly was done in a political sense though. There are plenty of ways to say the same thing but make it non-political.

Whether it was right or wrong, idk, but it was political.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda wish people acted like all lives mattered instead of just saying it, and then demanding the same standard they dont hold themselves to of BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I've never understood that. What do people care what others use the song they like for their agenda? You can still enjoy the original national anthem if you want, no one has rid you of anything...

Because the venue they chose to change the anthem at was not appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Kinda wish people acted like all lives mattered instead of just saying it, and then demanding the same standard they dont hold themselves to of BLM.
    I'm not even sure all lives "matter" the same. Does a drug lord with a long criminal list really "matter" as much as a 14 year old girl who could've gotten a decent education and started a family?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even sure all lives "matter" the same. Does a drug lord with a long criminal list really "matter" as much as a 14 year old girl who could've gotten a decent education and started a family?
    I dunno, you tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

I'd say the "why" doesn't matter nearly as much as the reality of it. I'd say the vast majority of people would say "uh.... you shouldn't do that." And another large amount would feel altering or not respecting a national anthem was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Probably sticking it to BLM for the Pride fiasco.

I dunno, you tell me.
    I'm asking you for input

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm asking you for input
    my opinion on the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Probably sticking it to BLM for the Pride fiasco.
    The native americans should stick it to BLM somehow. Blacks don't have it nearly as bad as a native transexual muslim. Not focusing on natives means erasure.

You know what, this whole BLM stuff really has drawn attention away from native american causes.

I dunno, you tell me.
    I think to truly realize the goals of social justice, countries like Canada will need to reinstate capital punishment and allow for the summary execution of those who dare to engage in thought terrorism like occurred in the incident cited in this thread.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    In opposition to a hate movement.
    Was the abolition movement also a hate movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Was the abolition movement also a hate movement?
    Yeah they hated slavery, duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they hated slavery, duh.
    They wanted equality for all as does BLM. I support equality, do you?

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part about this whole thing would be Canadians frothing at the mouth that Americans would dare alter the Canadian anthem to make a political point, then quietly backing down and offering a meek "well, that's bad too" when it's revealed that the Tenors are actually Nucks.