Deleted

Strange key-binding issue with multi-button mouse

I'm sure a lot of people use an "MMO mouse" with a lot of extra button such as Logitech G600 or Razer Naga.

The added buttons aren't listed as "mouse button 4,5,6,7" etc and people usually bind them to num1, num2 etc as the number pad is not used for games.

When you try to bind shift + numX it tends to bind page up, page down, delete etc. This is my issue, why can't you just bind shift+numX? Is there any way to change this?

Using razer tartarus/hex v2 combo but it probably doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Googled the problem/solution. Can post it if anyone else happens to have this issue.

Windows seems to have a built in feature (keyboard drivers?) that links shift + numpad buttons to the direction arrows and delete, insert, page up down, home and end. Doesnt seem possible to override.

Solution is to bind the keys to F1-F12 instead as they can freely be used with shift and leave the numpad alone.

Mod can close the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people use an "MMO mouse" with a lot of extra button such as Logitech G600 or Razer Naga.

The added buttons aren't listed as "mouse button 4,5,6,7" etc and people usually bind them to num1, num2 etc as the number pad is not used for games.

When you try to bind shift + numX it tends to bind page up, page down, delete etc. This is my issue, why can't you just bind shift+numX? Is there any way to change this?

Using razer tartarus/hex v2 combo but it probably doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Googled the problem/solution. Can post it if anyone else happens to have this issue.

Windows seems to have a built in feature (keyboard drivers?) that links shift + numpad buttons to the direction arrows and delete, insert, page up down, home and end. Doesnt seem possible to override.

Solution is to bind the keys to F1-F12 instead as they can freely be used with shift and leave the numpad alone.

Mod can close the thread.
    On my Razer Synaps app how would I go about doing that?

would i go to the side of the mouse and in the bind section change it to F1 etc? Not sure how to go about doing this. I have the same issue as you.

Deleted
    Exactly, change the bindings in synapse then use bartender addon to easily bind all of them and shift + f1-f12 as you please.