Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I just pulled up Peárl, and she has two post-prepatch pulls on Velhari. One is 214k, one is 131k. Obviously something is different between these two pulls, and unless Peárl suffered a massive head injury on one that she didn't on the other you can safely call the confluence of circumstances that created the environment to pull 214k 'luck'.

Unless you're a truly massive pedant. Either 214k was good luck, or 131k is bad luck. Either way, I would prefer to try and split the difference rather than look at the absolute 100% top end and assume that is eminently repeatable performance. Call me a cynic if you want.
    He was playing badly and learned from his mistakes.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24187618

That's just not very optimal. Pi and ring have 2min cd and MB has 1min cd which means he should've had them overlapped. He didn't max his bursts well enough.

See how that changed in his 2nd attempt at the boss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7618&source=26

A lot better. Not luck, just learning how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    He was playing badly and learned from his mistakes.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...false%24187618

That's just not very optimal. Pi and ring have 2min cd and MB has 1min cd which means he should've had them overlapped. He didn't max his bursts well enough.

See how that changed in his 2nd attempt at the boss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...7618&source=26

A lot better. Not luck, just learning how to play.
    Or maybe pearl got lucky and just randomly picks a rotation to cast, and struck jackpot this week! /s
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Did you even play beta? There is no environment where gear is relevant because every raid test was scaled to a certain item level, even LFR. Outgearing other people wasn't even possible outside of cheesing scaled-up gear (and those are obvious so you can know easily whether a log is relevant or not). Yes, skill differences were a thing, but that's exactly what I said: some people are good at Disc and a lot, lot more are really bad at it for various reasons.

Nobody said that Disc should always top meters though, just that rants about how it can't possibly do as much healing as other specs are ridiculous.
    I even had the chance to play Alpha, thank you for asking. In fact, scaling doesn't mean you cannot cheat with gear lol, I find it funny you bring that up. Because you know, if I am not mistaken you were the one saying that all balance druids should innervate disc on CD, to make it viable. Also there is a lot of trinkets/legendaries and what not that can give you a significant advantage over the rest of the healers.

So tell me, how are these logs I spoke about relevant, if a disc is being baby sited by 3 druids with Innervate, they wear BiS Trinket or 4 sets, and they play with healers with start-up beta gear that barely have any knowledge of their classes.

Also, I was supporting what you wrote, rather than disagreeing, but you seem salty so I think you misunderstood.

As of PosPosPos post, we all know you hate everyone but yourself, so save me your lessons on how to play disc, I am 1000% sure that you are not someone I would take advice from, after all you are the only guy on this forum that can only go around giving advice, but has not even once linked his character or logs.
    I am sad your ban is no longer going, I was hoping it will be a perma one this time. Maybe better luck next time, and knowing you, it will take another 2 weeks max )
    - - - Updated - - -

This is why logs should not be relevant, top disc kill on Hellfire high council - 2 healed - 2 min fight, you gotta be a fucking awful player not to rank with that..

I had to miss this weeks raid, but will love to go next week and see how it is going. Although we are currently boosting, so it will be a bit hard to compare performance.
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2016-07-29 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healprincess View Post
    As of PosPosPos post, we all know you hate everyone but yourself, so save me your lessons on how to play disc, I am 1000% sure that you are not someone I would take advice from, I am sad your ban is no longer going, I was hoping it will be a perma one this time. Maybe better luck next time, and knowing you, it will take another 2 weeks max )
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no perma ban on this site except for those ad spammers, so don't be too upset or bursting an aneurysm after hearing this now. Also, I don't teach people how to play disc who can't be taught.

As for "hate", I am sure it's rather ironic hearing such petty accusations coming from someone who disagrees that Archangel should be hit as often as possible off cd just to spite him. Or maybe I am mistaken and it's just because they are just not that great a disc they make themselves out to be.

This is why logs should not be relevant, top disc kill on Hellfire high council - 2 healed - 2 min fight, you gotta be a fucking awful player not to rank with that..
    Unless you logged it, then it's automatically relevant amirite? Which I recall clearly, was your line of reasoning when someone called you out for completely neglecting to use Archangel more than once per encounter, and you said that the results justify the means.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no perma ban on this site except for those ad spammers, so don't be too upset or bursting an aneurysm after hearing this now. Also, I don't teach people how to play disc who can't be taught.
    That is indeed sad, I would love to see you perma ban as well as many other people on here would love to see you gone. It is been mentioned more times than anything else.

As for "hate", I am sure it's rather ironic hearing such petty accusations coming from someone who disagrees that Archangel should be hit as often as possible off cd just to spite him. Or maybe I am mistaken and it's just because they are just not that great a disc they make themselves out to be.
    I do not disagree and never have, but you like to twist words to get your story right. All I said is that high ranks can be possible with or without it. And I have proved that numerous times.

Unless you logged it, then it's automatically relevant amirite? Which I recall clearly, was your line of reasoning when someone called you out for completely neglecting to use Archangel more than once per encounter, and you said that the results justify the means.
    Nobody has ever called me out on that, I have brought that myself - because unlike you I am not afraid to show different prospective, and bring up my own gameplay as example. I am not calling out anyone, but that kind of logs are irrelevant for half of the people here, because a) Most of the people do not kill fights in 2min B)most of the people do not 2 heal C)Most of us still sell boosts - making A and B impossible

And I truly hate to see people thinking they are not good enough, because they are compared to such logs. There is few people one here, that like to tell others how they are not good, because they do not perform under their fake standard or do not like the same things they prefer, you are always one of these people. Believe it or not, but there is people here that came to learn, and they don't learn anything from your harsh comments about their performance. Top logs has always been about cheating - this is not a standard - and it will be great if people stop promoting it as if it was.

-Also, I'd like to point what support class means in my head - It is a class that is not excellent at healing, not excellent at DPS, but good at both. Alike the new disc design, Disc can be a very good healer, but very limited as of how to heal, it can be a fairly good DPS, but also very limited in that - but manages to do both on a good level. It is a class that supports both healers and dps, but is never supposed to be topping either if played with other classes equally as skilled, as of the lack of spells relevant to each department.
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2016-07-29 at 09:30 AM.

That is indeed sad, I would love to see you perma ban as well as many other people on here would love to see you gone. It is been mentioned more times than anything else.
    Like? I see just you for instance, and then silence on this subject. Your made up friends don't count.

I do not disagree and never have, but you like to twist words to get your story right. All I said is that high ranks can be possible with or without it. And I have proved that numerous times.
    shinbout - I personally find myself pushing a lot more healing not having to cast smite and so on every 30 seconds. As I am not running 2 tier 17 and 2 tier 18, but still experimenting a lot to be honest, I just rerolled and had the chance to play it for very limited time. I have been playing holy for 2 tiers now and with being so used to having t17 set providing me the 5 stacks, I just feel like I am wasting time casting it. I might be very much wrong, but seeing as I perform in the 90 to 99% logs wise - I think it is okay. Trade might not be worth, but it looks like I make up for it. Things might change. I am not unaware, it is personal choice - and mine usually vary a lot with the rest of the people. Sometimes for good, sometimes not In the majority of fights I would cast it once or twice to be honest, I jump a lot between playing Holy and Disc, much more than any other priest - which results in me having to perfect not one, but two specs - obviously I do my best.
    You think it's "wasting time" to cast Archangel(even at less than 5 stacks) because you "perform in the 90 to 99%".

Nobody has ever called me out on that, I have brought that myself - because unlike you I am not afraid to show different prospective, and bring up my own gameplay as example. I am not calling out anyone, but that kind of logs are irrelevant for half of the people here, because a) Most of the people do not kill fights in 2min B)most of the people do not 2 heal C)Most of us still sell boosts - making A and B impossible
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Ok i know this is offtopic but i couldnt help but notice, why only 2 AA casts?
    Unless shinbout is actually your other MMOC forum account, pretty sure you didn't call yourself out on this one.

And I truly hate to see people thinking they are not good enough, because they are compared to such logs. There is few people one here, that like to tell others how they are not good, because they do not perform under their fake standard or do not like the same things they prefer, you are always one of these people. Believe it or not, but there is people here that came to learn, and they don't learn anything from your harsh comments about their performance. Top logs has always been about cheating - this is not a standard - and it will be great if people stop promoting it as if it was.
    Uh, did you look yourself in the mirror when you said this? You were one who has been using logs and percentiles as the end-all-be-all for justifying your sub-optimal play.

But you know, I will wait for you link even a single quote which clearly showed me "comparing others to such logs telling them how they are not good, because they do not perform under their fake standard".

Deleted
    Again twisting words just to prove you are right, what a waste of time to talk with you. Referring to a conversation from 5 months, where I barely post my opinion after re-rolling.

I do not remember what someone posted over X amount of months ago, apology that I do not remember all of my mmo conversations. Still in THIS topic, I called out myself, not someone else.

I NEVER ever told anyone that they are bad, because they do not push my % - never will. I have people adding me every day to ask for advice from this website or due to my ranks pre-patch, and never have told anyone to fuck off. I am not even going to spend a minute going back to 5 months old posts to prove you that you are an ass%$le. You know that, I know that, everyone know that.
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2016-07-29 at 09:45 AM.

Again twisting words just to prove you are right, what a waste of time to talk with you. Referring to a conversation from 5 months, where I barely post my opinion after re-rolling.

I do not remember what someone posted over X amount of months ago, apology that I do not remember all of my mmo conversations. Still in THIS topic, I called out myself, not someone else.

I NEVER ever told anyone that they are bad, because they do not push my % - never will. I have people adding me every day to ask for advice from this website or due to my ranks pre-patch, and never have told anyone to fuck off. I am not even going to spend a minute going back to 5 months old posts to prove you that you are an ass%$le. You know that, I know that, everyone know that.
    Sorry, I am not responsible for your own words and actions, as much as you like to pin this on me. You said what you said because of your own choices, not me.

And for someone who is all preachy about being civil, you don't seem to practice any of it yourself with all the ad hominem attacks. In the meantime, my focal argument has always been about attacking your words, your stances. But your focal argument is and always has been because I am, in your own words, an "ass%$le", so whatever I say must be wrong. Rather than, you know, attacking my stances.

Proof? I am calling you out for being wrong on almost every count with any claim you make, and your first reaction is to bring up I should be perma banned. That is the sure sign you lack a proper argument to make.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-07-29 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    You are a waste of space in this forums, hope you soon realize that and free us all of it.

When one day you have the decency to point out who is your main and what guild you play for, maybe only then we can take you serious. Half of your posts are trying to twist someone's words to put him in the situation you want. The other half is trying to piss of members on the forums.

We don't even know if you actually play priest, for all I know you are some random troll with a lot of free time. And please, give advice only if your performance is better than mine, okay? Otherwise you have no ground for it
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-08-24 at 02:34 PM.

You are a waste of space in this forums, hope you soon realize that and free us all of it.

When one day you have the decency to point out who is your main and what guild you play for, maybe only then we can take you serious. Half of your posts are trying to twist someone's words to put him in the situation you want. The other half is trying to piss of members on the forums.

We don't even know if you actually play priest, for all I know you are some random troll with a lot of free time. And please, give advice only if your performance is better than mine, okay? Otherwise you have no ground for it
    Thank you for proving my points, and have a nice day.

In the meantime, you should reflect about how you went on a rant in this thread about people using logs as the end-all-be-all(especially the puzzling part about logs in raid testing when all ilvls were scaled up to a certain baseline), when you were the only one doing precisely what you purportedly hate.

Mod Edit: Infracted for derailing - DjRiff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-07-29 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Again twisting my words.

"Cant win an argument against idiots because they will try to drag you down to their level and win with experience"

I hope you are a lady, because you do not have any balls to say who you are. Is something bothering you ))))

Mod Edit: Infracted for derailing - DjRiff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-07-29 at 06:33 PM.

Oi, cut it out you two, will you. I want to acquire useful information on these forums and your futile quarrel derails this rather interesting thread.

Again twisting my words.

"Cant win an argument against idiots because they will try to drag you down to their level and win with experience"

I hope you are a lady, because you do not have any balls to say who you are. Is something bothering you ))))
    He's always been like this; unable to form a coherent argument without adding in a slew of insults. It's why I put him on ignore. I'd suggest doing the same and stop giving him attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Yeah because doing 70% of a healer's healing and 70% of a dps's dps is somehow doing "less" than others. You can quantify that pretty easily. With those numbers I used in my example, if you had 5 Discipline Priests you would deal the same damage as 3.5 DPS and same healing as 3.5 healers. So basically the Disc Priests are worth 2 additional raid members.

I guess this is too difficult to comprehend for some.
    What the hell raids are you in where your Disc is doing "70% of a DPS's dps" ? At 715 ilvl, I pull around 14-18k, whereas all the DPS are 70k+. Your DPS must be pretty bad if they're doing so little DPS that a healer is competing with them. As a Disc, you should never be above the tanks unless you're going full ham and using DPS trinkets and focusing more on damage than healing.

And what the hell are you doing that you're only doing "70% of a healer's healing" ? I'm right up there with all the other healers. I've never done so poorly that I'm 30% behind the other healers.

Stop repeating this "70% of healing, 70% of dps" as if it's fact. Disc does NOT do 70% of a DPS's dps, and they do NOT do 70% of a healer's healing. They do more like 10-15% of a DPS's dps, and 100% of a healer's healing.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-29 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    He's always been like this; unable to form a coherent argument without adding in a slew of insults. It's why I put him on ignore. I'd suggest doing the same and stop giving him attention.
    Could you name one insult I made during the recent posts I made to Healprincess? Just one will do.

I won't even ask you to count how many ad hominem attacks were made against me, because it would seriously not sit well with your cognitive dissonance.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-07-29 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I just pulled up Peárl, and she has two post-prepatch pulls on Velhari. One is 214k, one is 131k. Obviously something is different between these two pulls, and unless Peárl suffered a massive head injury on one that she didn't on the other you can safely call the confluence of circumstances that created the environment to pull 214k 'luck'.

Unless you're a truly massive pedant. Either 214k was good luck, or 131k is bad luck. Either way, I would prefer to try and split the difference rather than look at the absolute 100% top end and assume that is eminently repeatable performance. Call me a cynic if you want.
    (First off, He)

First week of prepatch that was also like a rank 3 parse fyi. Secondly, Luck had nothing to do with it. I played beta for maybe about 2 hours, and that time was split between disc and holy. So for all practical applications I never played disc in a raid (besides like 2 lfr's on beta) before prepatch. So it took me part of the first week of prepatch to learn to play and get comfortable with every thing. And then I came back the next week after learning how to play optimally. There was no luck, and it is easily repeatable. Look back at all my logs in WoD. I didn't consistently parse >95th on every pull, on every boss, in every raid, by luck. I learn, I adapt, and I try to play optimally at all times.

This 75th percentile thing is nonsense. Sure looking at rank 1's of fights is definitely not a good idea cause in a lot of cases things were cheesed to get that, but looking at 95-97th percentiles is where you truly get the optimal play of the class.

Unable to form a coherent argument? Pospospos is one of the few people on these forums who can. Sure hes an asshole (a lovable asshole), but that doesn't change the fact that hes generally correct most of the time. We've butted heads before on these forums and even so I still respect his opinion on things because he knows what hes talking about.

Stop repeating this "70% of healing, 70% of dps" as if it's fact. Disc does NOT do 70% of a DPS's dps, and they do NOT do 70% of a healer's healing. They do more like 10-15% of a DPS's dps, and 100% of a healer's healing.
    To be fair, its more like 85% of a healer, and 30% of a dps in Legion. Prepatch numbers hella inflate discs hps because of tier/trinkets while they deflate discs dps because of the ring/short kill times. But even so, just because theyre doing 85% of another healer does not make them bad because they provide the incredible healing at the times its most needed. But people will never realize that if all they do is judge disc by the absolute meter values.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2016-07-29 at 02:38 PM.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    To be fair, its more like 85% of a healer, and 30% of a dps in Legion. Prepatch numbers hella inflate discs hps because of tier/trinkets while they deflate discs dps because of the ring/short kill times.
    Tier/trinket bonuses are significant, but I don't think that's the main reason. Rather, the ability to preempt damage with 12+ atonements for every mechanic without running oom surpasses the aoe healing of other healers.

That wouldn't be possible in legion because of the far-longer fight timers.

Also, <3

I love how logs are relevant only if you do badly. That's a lovely mental leap to justify being bad at the game. Not that ranks matter much at all, but I find the assertion that because I rank too high that means what I do doesn't matter to be very funny. A+ reasoning there.

Also @Healprincess you're making things up. I never said anything about Druids feeding Discs innervate, do not have any logs in beta of such a thing happening, and have never, ever used scaled up WoD gear in raid testing. I don't know who you have me confused with, but your ramblings are utter nonsense predicated on attacking me for being someone else.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2016-07-29 at 02:46 PM.

Hey all, I've been following the last 16 pages (well, 15...skipped the drama) quite closely to learn about the newly-transformed disc. I'm not a Mythic raider by any means, so I mostly just have questions regarding the spec going into Legion.

For raids, I hear some of you saying 12-16 PW:R are ideal for the burst phase; how do you target the people you cast it on? I find myself randomly clicking someone in melee, randomly clicking a caster, and maybe a tank or something and hoping for the best. Any tips on how to accurately spread those out would be great!

Next, I'm a big Diablo fan as well. I love the addition of Mythic+ dungeons, but I'm afraid that Disc will never quite be able to push that content like Holy (or other healers). Currently, when there is high damage in 5mans, you have to Shadowmend a ton. It works, I get that, but it's also one button. It can do the job, but I don't really enjoy it (and I can't imagine others do as well) because it forces you to abandon the whole point of disc: igniting your enemies in holy fire to heal your allies. Once we don't overgear the content, I can imagine Disc will have a very hard time keeping tanks alive. Then again, maybe I'm just not getting something?

Lastly, someone mentioned Barrier will be really good in legion. How so? From my cursory (noobish) glance, it lost 75% of its effectiveness, lol.

Thanks, all. For the most part, the discussions you're having are very informative. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying a ton of people have bookmarked this thread to keep their finger on the pulse of Disc, so-to-speak.

When you go to 12+ Atonements, you're basically blanketing the raid so targeting is just a matter of what makes that easier. Your PWR will land shortly affer you queue the next one, so you want to pick someone the previous one hopefully doesn't land on, or the furthest person possible.

As for Mythic+, loot stops improving at level 10, which is doable by Disc in ~855-860 gear (top tier of gear in 7.0 is 880+). Gear will get you up to level 15 where the achievements are. Beyond that, you'll find a similar situation to CMs where of course only the most optimal comp can push for leaderboards, of which Disc is likely not a part of.. but neither will Holy probably, due to poor mobility and survivability. But like CMs, pushing for server/region best is pure bragging rights and nothing else, so it doesn't affect viability in any other portion of the game.

Also Barrier is the same as it was in 6.2, but our trait to improve it won't be gotten for quite a while so it will be lackluster until then, but then it will get very good (yet still have the stacked condition).
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2016-07-29 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    Hey all, I've been following the last 16 pages (well, 15...skipped the drama) quite closely to learn about the newly-transformed disc. I'm not a Mythic raider by any means, so I mostly just have questions regarding the spec going into Legion.

For raids, I hear some of you saying 12-16 PW:R are ideal for the burst phase; how do you target the people you cast it on? I find myself randomly clicking someone in melee, randomly clicking a caster, and maybe a tank or something and hoping for the best. Any tips on how to accurately spread those out would be great!

Next, I'm a big Diablo fan as well. I love the addition of Mythic+ dungeons, but I'm afraid that Disc will never quite be able to push that content like Holy (or other healers). Currently, when there is high damage in 5mans, you have to Shadowmend a ton. It works, I get that, but it's also one button. It can do the job, but I don't really enjoy it (and I can't imagine others do as well) because it forces you to abandon the whole point of disc: igniting your enemies in holy fire to heal your allies. Once we don't overgear the content, I can imagine Disc will have a very hard time keeping tanks alive. Then again, maybe I'm just not getting something?

Lastly, someone mentioned Barrier will be really good in legion. How so? From my cursory (noobish) glance, it lost 75% of its effectiveness, lol.

Thanks, all. For the most part, the discussions you're having are very informative. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying a ton of people have bookmarked this thread to keep their finger on the pulse of Disc, so-to-speak.
    The two main ways to heal heavy raid damage would be to apply PWR or Rapture and PW:S.

To curb the cost of PWR, you probably need to run PI earlier on(use it with PWR and *not* Rapture), cast it 3-4 times then Mindbender+Penance+Halo away. For Rapture, you want to cast it right after Penance is on CD, then PWS until Rapture ends, then do the same thing with Mindbender+Penance+Halo.

To target people to PWR, you should invest in a good raid frames. Vuhdo and Grid are the two frames of choice, I personally use Vuhdo, bind PWR to the middle mouse button and just track atonements in the form of a hot bar. Naturally, you want to avoid casting PWR on people with atonements up.

Also, barrier lost 75% of its effectiveness? It was always 10 seconds and 25% DR. Except now your artifact or whatever will buff it to heal people who have atonement/when you cast Penance, which was never a feature of the old barrier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    When you go to 12+ Atonements, you're basically blanketing the raid so targeting
    is just a matter of what makes that easier. Your PWR will land shortly affer you queue the next one, so you want to pick someone the previous one hopefully doesn't land on, or the furthest person possible.
    This is particularly important, because it's irritating to have to cancel cast PWR after chaining on the next target, who of course had to get atonement splashed onto them.

You can (somewhat) avoid this by having your raid leader(s) arrange the groups according to melee and ranged, then alternate between picking a melee and ranged target for the main target of your PWR.