Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Alternatively you could just swap the ordering to groups for that fight. PW: R would be fine in that aspect.

What is your guys thoughts on us having 0 personals. Like we have PS, but thats an external not a personal, should be used on the tank. We have 0 DRs to use and to me it makes us really squishy. We also have very little mobility when it comes to mechanics. Yea we have feathers, but to me they are rather clunky. I know most classes had mobility taken away but. Those are my only real concerns with Disc. As far as the mechanics and play style goes, I love it. It is rather competitive in my opinion and anyone who says it is "support" or not viable just does not see the whole picture.

I gave disc a try wity my former main, which i had to abbandon when the S.Priest ship sunk when MoP came.

i did a whole night healing mythic dungeons, my gear is around 694, randomly assembled tvia Tanaan's Baleful tokens with crit, haste and mastery evenly distributed. Absolutely no enchants and i used no flasks or foods. No 715 ring, let alone the legedary one. Weapon is a 675 timeless one.

Well, compared to holy, i was pulling pretty much the same numbers, which were around 45Khps over a 180s long fight/trash packs. Yeah well i got insta declined everywhere so i had to join low ilevel pugs.

While i had an absolute blast as disc, i found out that i really suffered a bad tank much more as Discipline then as Holy. Pur ST healing i felt doing the same numbers (25/26K HPS) the problem i faced, tho, that i lacked something like Binding Heal to quick transition to an AoE rotation.

With a bad tank i simply couldn't afford to keep up atonement on everybody because of the shadow mend spam, as such i fell behind on group healing. Consequences were that pulling those "45k hps" was definitively easier on Holy.

I've a question tho: how do you deal with group/aoe healing if your tank is taking fairly high amount of damage?

p.s.: talents i've used as doc: Castigation - Mind Bender - PI (honestly i felt like all of em suck in each in their own way...) - Halo - Grace (i wished i could've tested PtW but with my gear i felt i couldn't afford to skip on Grace...is shadow covenant a joke or what?)

As holy: Enduring Renewal - Light of Naaru (Guardian Angel...the sense behind it?) - Binding Heal (liked all the raw tbh) - Divinity (was a bit underwhelmed by it tho) - CoH (with BH the vintage charm was just too hard to fight)

How exactly is Purge the Wicked an upgrade to SWP, apart from the spreading mechanic? It seems to do only a little more damage. 49k on SWP compared to 55k on PTW.

And I'm assuming it only spreads once per Penance, seeing as the wording is "when you cast Penance", not "when Penance damages".

Is there any use for it, or am I best off sticking with Grace for raids?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    What is your guys thoughts on us having 0 personals.
    In PvE I don't really notice tbh. Healing potion tends to be my "personal", if I even use it.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    In PvE I don't really notice tbh. Healing potion tends to be my "personal", if I even use it.
    In Mythic raiding you don't notice not having a personal? You get 1 healing tonic a fight.

In Mythic raiding you don't notice not having a personal? You get 1 healing tonic a fight.
    Where was anything said about mythic raiding?

I don't do mythic.

Sorry that is what I ment, I thought it was implied but my bad.

Deleted
    What is your guys thoughts on us having 0 personals. Like we have PS, but thats an external not a personal, should be used on the tank. We have 0 DRs to use and to me it makes us really squishy. We also have very little mobility when it comes to mechanics. Yea we have feathers, but to me they are rather clunky. I know most classes had mobility taken away but. Those are my only real concerns with Disc. As far as the mechanics and play style goes, I love it. It is rather competitive in my opinion and anyone who says it is "support" or not viable just does not see the whole picture.
    Yeah, it's pretty alarming but we have to keep in mind that many other personals were lost as well. Power Word:Shield can only accomplish so much although for single hit mechanics it's kind of alright.

But to be honest, Disc really cannot be a support class at all if they lack basic functionality like an interrupt, a proper AoE CC, a personal and such. You know, that's what stands out to me when I compare the 5-man potential to something like Restoration Shaman.

It's not just personals and mobility that we lack. When on the move we can only cast PWS, Penance, PtW, and Plea, with only Plea being spammable. So I guess Rapture is an option for 8 seconds (11 in Legion) of movement. It feels underwhelming to move and Plea-spam.

That is not a big issue. Paladins can't really move and heal super well on the move. Holy has the same problems. Mw have the same problems as well. Having to move and heal isn't a huge issue for the class as its pretty common.

However the issue is, we have 0 personal CDs. I mean 10% dr from fade I guess but, 10% is almost nothing. Mobility to move for raid mechanics and such is pretty clunky with feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's not foolproof, because it's definitely not impossible for some ranged or melee to be running around where they should not be or that the melee group are already blanketed and would default to splashing the ranged anyway.
    We could use an inidcator in our raidframes for that, one that marks people right next to the boss one colour and people far way from it another or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

However the issue is, we have 0 personal CDs. I mean 10% dr from fade I guess but, 10% is almost nothing. Mobility to move for raid mechanics and such is pretty clunky with feathers.
    Yes, 10% dr is more of a taunt from the devs than a legitimate personal CD.

Deleted
    Mythic 2 is a bit hard to deal with as Disc, I think holy would be a bit better choice there.

How exactly is Purge the Wicked an upgrade to SWP, apart from the spreading mechanic? It seems to do only a little more damage. 49k on SWP compared to 55k on PTW.

sneaky 10char
    Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

PtW does 15.6% more DPCT than SWP, and it costs 10% less mana, which overall makes it a ~27% increase in HPM over SWP.

Now yes, that's a pretty small contribution for a talent to improve a single spell. The problem with Grace is that it's even smaller than that unless you're pigeon-holeing yourself into a spot healing role which would just make more sense as Holy anyway. Let's look at non-Atonement healing in a typical fight:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=13

This is a log from Legion beta of Normal Nightmare. Let's identify the sources of healing that couple possibly be buffed by Grace.

Atonement? No.

Power Word: Shield? Maybe, although I don't think it's worth clipping Atonements for slightly bigger PW:Ss.

PWR? Hell no, massive mistake if it hits anyone that already has Atonement.

Shadow Mend? Yup, almost definitely, but if you find yourself using Shadow Mend as much as I did here, it's quite possible that you're in a group that is doing the fight for the very first time (which I was). In any kind of progression environment, you wouldn't see this.

Halo? Sort of. Halo has an AoE cap at 6 targets and Grace only buffs the heal on the targets with Atonement, so if you're Haloing 20 people and 6 have Atonement, Grace is only buffing Halo by 9%, not 30%.

Smite absorb? No.

Plea? No.

So Grace will only ever meaningfully buff Shadow Mend (which you shouldn't really have to use), and PW:S (which really shouldn't be going on people that already have Atonement if you can help it). You can use Grace on single target fights or in pugs where you might find yourself having to save individuals a lot, but in a typical organized raid it just won't do anything.

And then of course on multi-target fights PtW is insane.

Oh, so it's not that PTW is bad, it's just that Grace is worse, in raids.

Nice job, blizz, another talent row where instead of picking between three awesome choices, you're picking the one that sucks the least. :/

I suppose it's nice to know that even when I was using Grace this whole time, I was still keeping up with the other healers.

Ok, after two weeks of stalking this forum and reading as much as i could from lots of sources. I'm slowly improving.
    Week #1: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yWXfgbZF1awPqm3d <<<< #hot-mess
    Week #2: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nGyVdr#fight=5 <<<< Improvement

I got alot of good info from this thread and here is what I think the biggest reasons for my personal improvement are so far...
    1) getting mouse over macros set up
    2) Casting PW:S and Pennance on cooldown
    3) Not Panicking. I have to realize that I can't save people who are close to death like I use too. (pw:s/pennance/flash heal)
    I'm just can't get distracted by low heath bars on individual players, and focus on my rotation of spells.

Anyways, I'd like some feed back on week #2 to see where I might be able to improve.
    Suggestions/comments/concerns?

And for what it's worth, i'm starting to get more and more "declines" in Group Finder.

keep up the great discussion

Quote Originally Posted by zekataz View Post
    Ok, after two weeks of stalking this forum and reading as much as i could from lots of sources. I'm slowly improving.
    Week #1: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yWXfgbZF1awPqm3d <<<< #hot-mess
    Week #2: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...nGyVdr#fight=5 <<<< Improvement

I got alot of good info from this thread and here is what I think the biggest reasons for my personal improvement are so far...
    1) getting mouse over macros set up
    2) Casting PW:S and Pennance on cooldown
    3) Not Panicking. I have to realize that I can't save people who are close to death like I use too. (pw:s/pennance/flash heal)
    I'm just can't get distracted by low heath bars on individual players, and focus on my rotation of spells.

Anyways, I'd like some feed back on week #2 to see where I might be able to improve.
    Suggestions/comments/concerns?

And for what it's worth, i'm starting to get more and more "declines" in Group Finder.

keep up the great discussion
    The biggest thing I'm seeing is that you're way too conservative with your mana. You're ending 2-4 minute fights with over 50% mana most of the time, on top of not using a mana potion and using fully utilizing Mindbender cooldowns as much as you could. Dump Contrition, pick up Power Infusion, and just go ham for its entire duration and worry about your mana spent later.

Remember that if you never have to use a mana potion and still had more than 10% mana at the end of a fight, you could have just spent more mana, and more mana = more healing.

And before I get an aneurysm, please change your gems and enchants away from Mastery and into Haste. Mastery is debatabley the worst stat now and you could have another 5% if you just switched your gems and enchants around. You're doing the basics okay, but if you want to do a lot of healing you have to have the right gear setup and use all of your mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Healprincess View Post
    Mythic 2 is a bit hard to deal with as Disc, I think holy would be a bit better choice there.
    What ilvl are you? What comp did you run? Had your group seen the dungeon before? I've successfully healed Mythic+10 as disc. Figuring out why its difficult for you would probably be useful for you but we'd need more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    What ilvl are you? What comp did you run? Had your group seen the dungeon before? I've successfully healed Mythic+10 as disc. Figuring out why its difficult for you would probably be useful for you but we'd need more information.
    You know i thought they were talking about 2 healing mythic HFC haha. What was the comp you ran on +10?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    You know i thought they were talking about 2 healing mythic HFC haha. What was the comp you ran on +10?
    We did +10 Darkheart as Prot Warrior/Unholy DK/Enhance Shaman/Fire Mage/Disc. We had 2 of the 3 best dps specs for Mythic+, so thats a huge boon right there in that trash packs aren't going to last long, but the bosses were still really challenging with Tyrannical, specifically Oakheart. His Crushing Grip is over 1M per second on the tank, and I'm an idiot and forgot to respec Grace, so we were pretty terrified every time that mechanic came up.

We did +10 Eye of Azshara with Blood DK/Fury Warrior/Destro Lock/Enhance Shaman/Disc, and that was a better idea of how Mythic+ would be without an optimal setup, since warlocks are essentially dead weight regardless of spec atm. That dungeon we had Fortified so the bosses weren't too bad (with the exception of the last one which is a living hell as Disc), but we pulled the trash a bit smaller to handle that.

And the last one I've done was +10 Arcway, which we double tanked with Blood DK/Vengeance DH/Enhance Shaman/Fury Warrior/Disc, which made the tank healing a joke and allowed me to focus a lot more on keeping our melee alive since they got pretty much every mechanic.

All in all, its not too bad if your tank isn't awful and your dps have done the fights before. Disc only really has issues with players not handling mechanics and taking unexpected spikes. Otherwise you can regularly contribute another 150k dps to bosses and 300-400k to large trash packs with appropriate trinkets, which is pretty awesome.