Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
    I did great on fights like Nythendra, Ursoc and Cenarius. However, any fight with constant random burst damage (i.e Illggy) made me feel like I was going to war while loading up my musket after every shot.
    Literally the perfect metaphor for the way disc feels in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by trimon View Post
    One thing that helps make sure you do not loose any damage from penance is to get the artifact talent that gives you haste after applying atonement to someone. With that buff up, you get your penance out extremely fast. As long as the mob isn't almost dead to begin with, you will almost always get all the healing out of it.
    Unfortunately that one makes the one next to it even weaker (the one giving run speed while channeling penance).

I only did Illggy NHC but dotting all the adds while aggressively spamming atonement, and shadow mending players with the dot seemed to work for me.

You should be oom at the end of the fight, otherwise you probably missed out on some atonement hots

There isn't really a chance to burst heal like on nythendra and ursoc, though.
    Last edited by Krbl; 2016-09-24 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    What enchant do you suggest for Necklace?

Do Satyr "tick" with Atonement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamsus View Post
    What enchant do you suggest for Necklace?

Do Satyr "tick" with Atonement?
    mark of the claw

and no

Having trouble deciding on trinkets.
    I have:
    855 Nether Anti-Toxin: 950 Vers, proc 120k healing and 800 haste to target
    850 Heightened Senses: 932 Vers, proc 1k haste, 3.4k int
    850 PvP: 932 Vers, proc 3.3k Int
    850 Flask of Solemn Night: 1.2k Int, proc 6k-3k haste
    850 Passive Int/Crit: 1.2k Int, 900 crit
    840 Socketed Chrono Shard: 1.1k Int, proc 5k haste
    840 Horn of Valor: 900 Vers, on-use 2.7k Int
    840 Passive Int/Haste: 1.1k Int, 900 haste

Looking mostly for dungeons, I have Darkmoon Deck Promises for raiding.

I made an account just to say this. this message board is a warzone... i'm surprised at how much animosity is being thrown over numbers in a game. I'm a recent 110 disc priest and I've been very excited to raid with him. A lot of discussion has gone over if disc is better as burst or if it's better as a spot healer or if it's a shitty spot healer or if it's a shitty healer period. The example about Ursoc and a couple of other bosses being do-able and other bosses being difficult only proves that discipline isn't an OP all-scenario healer which is fucking fine. When was it about having every class be able to do everything the same way? Go play a MOBA where the FOTM changes every week (should be FOTW) and you can spam 1 hero to death. WoW is great because you invest your time in a unique spec from a unique class. I'm so glad Blizzard changed up all the specs in legion. Discipline healing is discipline healing and the logs online prove that they can do something and not everything good. why is that not enough for you folks? seriously man, it's one thing to theory craft but to say such passive aggressive and snide/rude comments to each other is just unnecessary and childish. If min-maxing is the end goal of this post and all of this discussion then you guys are ridiculous because, like many others have said, there are TOO many unseen elements within this game. Not everyone is a robot and the numbers get too complex a certain point. Play the class you want. Holy leave discipline alone.

This is just my point of view as somebody who was slightly interested in the competitive side of WoW. Now that I know what type of emotions it invokes, I'd rather keep my distance. Peace all, much love. Spread the atonement.

Quote Originally Posted by zakglee View Post
    I made an account just to say this. this message board is a warzone... i'm surprised at how much animosity is being thrown over numbers in a game. I'm a recent 110 disc priest and I've been very excited to raid with him. A lot of discussion has gone over if disc is better as burst or if it's better as a spot healer or if it's a shitty spot healer or if it's a shitty healer period. The example about Ursoc and a couple of other bosses being do-able and other bosses being difficult only proves that discipline isn't an OP all-scenario healer which is fucking fine. When was it about having every class be able to do everything the same way? Go play a MOBA where the FOTM changes every week (should be FOTW) and you can spam 1 hero to death. WoW is great because you invest your time in a unique spec from a unique class. I'm so glad Blizzard changed up all the specs in legion. Discipline healing is discipline healing and the logs online prove that they can do something and not everything good. why is that not enough for you folks? seriously man, it's one thing to theory craft but to say such passive aggressive and snide/rude comments to each other is just unnecessary and childish. If min-maxing is the end goal of this post and all of this discussion then you guys are ridiculous because, like many others have said, there are TOO many unseen elements within this game. Not everyone is a robot and the numbers get too complex a certain point. Play the class you want. Holy leave discipline alone.

This is just my point of view as somebody who was slightly interested in the competitive side of WoW. Now that I know what type of emotions it invokes, I'd rather keep my distance. Peace all, much love. Spread the atonement.

Here, I fixed it for you and highlighted the correct part. If you actually saw past you arrogance you could see that people don't won't discipline to be OP all-scenario healer. People just don't want to be punished for their class choice -- which means being able to compete with other healers.

That said I think we are able to do that for the most of the content, however some tweaks could be used -- e.g. atonement management feels a bit clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by zakglee View Post
    blahlabha

So you made this account just to... make an even more emotional and less productive and more bitchy and whiny addition to the discussion than any of the people you're complaining about? Half of which is insulting people, and the other half of which is an appeal to... I want to say mediocrity, but it's even worse than that, isn't it? You're straight-up appealing to incompetence. I guess if that's how you wanna live your life fine, but don't come around here admonishing people to do the same like you hold some sort of highground. As this guy you aren't doing well at anything other than trolling.

Infracted for Trolling - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-09-27 at 02:36 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    So you made this account just to... make an even more emotional and less productive and more bitchy and whiny addition to the discussion than any of the people you're complaining about? Half of which is insulting people, and the other half of which is an appeal to... I want to say mediocrity, but it's even worse than that, isn't it? You're straight-up appealing to incompetence. I guess if that's how you wanna live your life fine, but don't come around here admonishing people to do the same like you hold some sort of highground. As this guy you aren't doing well at anything other than trolling.
    daaamn, the irony! well, it was worth a shot.

Deleted
    I've been following this thread since it just had a few pages and I've taken some valuable information from it.

My experiences with disc so far:
    Dungeons
    A pleasure really, because 200k DPS is obtainable without consumables (flasks, pots) and this makes the whole thing go much faster. Of course one plays with Schism here. Mana is no issue if you drink between packs. Even back-to-back pulls aren't a problem, since you can still drink a while. I would even say that Disc is probably the best healer by far for any semi-casual dungeon activity, simply because you provide so much DPS. OwL artifact crits can easily take 10% of a bosses HP. Pretty sure I will miss the speed when I play any other class in dungeons.

Raids
    NHC went not too well for me. This was pretty much because I didn't know when exactly there was going to be damage and on who - typical disc problem on new content. Mana was a huge issue, despite Amalgam's Seventh Spine. Promises is too expensive for me. Either way, it went okay, not bad, not really good either.

HC on the other hand went very well. Mana was no issue any more, despite me getting no gear. It was simply due to better management and knowing the fights. Cenarius I bypassed all other healers by 70k HPS, while providing 100k DPS as well, which made me pretty much MVP for that fight (and we really BARELY made it, so my ~50mio damage really made a huge difference there). Xavius looks a bit different, but generally I come in first despite everything and there I often get to 120k DPS due to how the encounter works. We didn't kill him yet, because we aren't that good apparently, but well, 6/7 HC in the first week is something I haven't done in a long time. We got him to 8% at least.
    Part of my success today was due to our heal paladin missing and without spot heals from him my atonements can work their magic even on random damage I can't prepare for.

Overall
    I'm pretty happy with disc. It's fun and it really does stay fun. A month is over and I don't hate the class despite so much time playing it. I think last time I had that was with frost mage in MoP or disc or moonkin.
    Generally I go even with the other healers, half of the time surpassing them, despite me having NO legendary and a bit lower GS than them. Yet I consistently provide 90-110k dps to the raid and as I said, on Cenarius HC that really does make the difference. On Ursoc probably too.
    So is Disc a great spec? Yes, it most certainly is.

Playstyle
    I play stacking haste and crit, avoiding vers/mastery where I can and I go for a sort of mixed healing style. Burst heal with 15-18 atonements in moments it makes sense and where other healers can't spare a CD, otherwise plea + dps for mana sustain (with some PW:S) and in more random situations shadowmend spothealing with some atonement thrown in (when multiple people require spothealing you can often get 2-3 shadowmends out on different people, penance and gg).

Would post a link to my character, but I can't.
    Last edited by mmoc97885d5c45; 2016-09-26 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrchalis View Post
    A pleasure really, because 200k DPS is obtainable without consumables (flasks, pots) and this makes the whole thing go much faster. Of course one plays with Schism here. Mana is no issue if you drink between packs.
    We already had one of these... I asked for a proof and unsurprisingly he never delivered. I would say 200k dps is not a standard even among random dps'. Spikes when CDs are used don't count. Show me 3 bosses where you managed to maintain 200k dps from pull to kill.

NHC went not too well for me. This was pretty much because I didn't know when exactly there was going to be damage and on who - typical disc problem on new content. Mana was a huge issue, despite Amalgam's Seventh Spine. Promises is too expensive for me. Either way, it went okay, not bad, not really good either.

HC on the other hand went very well. Mana was no issue any more, despite me getting no gear. It was simply due to better management and knowing the fights. Cenarius I bypassed all other healers by 70k HPS, while providing 100k DPS
    So what was your hps? Honestly I'm doing around 60-75k dps while keeping up with our resto druid/s. Pulling ahead of shaman/s by variable amount (depending of a fight). While EVERYONE is behind our holy paladin. So far it seems that most of the people had similar experience with paladins doing extremely well. So i can't imagine doing 70k hps more than paladin while also doing 100k dps.

However it is true that our raid composition is highly unstable and we are yet to kill Xavius (6/7 normal + Nyth hc). I'm also not a very experienced raider.

Syrchalis, good to hear from someone who's enjoying the class.

I have a pretty similar experience (7/7 nhc, only 1/7 HC though). The spec is in a good spot, and the play style is a lot of fun.

The first raid was pretty difficult, but watching replays on warcraftlogs helped me a lot.

Today I was doing ~70k DPS and between 160 and 200k HPS, depending on the fight, and I certainly have room for improvement.
    Last edited by Krbl; 2016-09-27 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    We already had one of these... I asked for a proof and unsurprisingly he never delivered. I would say 200k dps is not a standard even among random dps'. Spikes when CDs are used don't count. Show me 3 bosses where you managed to maintain 200k dps from pull to kill.

So what was your hps? Honestly I'm doing around 60-75k dps while keeping up with our resto druid/s. Pulling ahead of shaman/s by variable amount (depending of a fight). While EVERYONE is behind our holy paladin. So far it seems that most of the people had similar experience with paladins doing extremely well. So i can't imagine doing 70k hps more than paladin while also doing 100k dps.

However it is true that our raid composition is highly unstable and we are yet to kill Xavius (6/7 normal + Nyth hc). I'm also not a very experienced raider.
    In raids my average dps is 100-150k, hps varying between 150k and 300k hps (very low on fights like Ilgynoth and Xavius where there's random damage that I don't even bother with, very high on Elerethe and Cenarius until I died to being a retard due to huge raidwide damage). In dungeons you can easily maintain 200k on a boss thats less than 1 minute.

200k DPS are easily attainable for 20-30 seconds with PI+MB.

I doubt it's possible to sustain it for much longer, and one would have to seriously neglect healing then (no GCDs for atonements).
    Last edited by Krbl; 2016-09-27 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    In raids my average dps is 100-150k, hps varying between 150k and 300k hps (very low on fights like Ilgynoth and Xavius where there's random damage that I don't even bother with, very high on Elerethe and Cenarius until I died to being a retard due to huge raidwide damage). In dungeons you can easily maintain 200k on a boss thats less than 1 minute.
    Less than one minute actually means you have pretty good group, which might not be always the case. However close to 200k (more more like 180-ish) is what I am able to pull out on a dummy where I have absolutly zero healing to care about with Power Infusion and Schism... if I need to take TF (when going with weaker group or doing myth+) and actually heal the numbers go significantly lower.

150k hps in raid (where I need to spend some time recovering mana and spreading atonement) seems a bit unreachable for me at the moment. Would you mind sharing some logs? I really do want to believe you (as it means disc can do quite higher dps than I currently do and I just need to practice). However so far every single priest who claimed these numbers was not able to back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    In raids my average dps is 100-150k,... very high on Elerethe and Cenarius .
    Only public logs are shown here [1], but it seems to me you would compete for number 1 spot. If we look at cenarius, everything above 90k dps would put you in top 300. Granted I don know you, you may indeed be that good.

[1] https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Discipline
    Last edited by pseudoJ; 2016-09-27 at 12:27 AM.

What are the consensus 2 BIS trinkets currently? I know the Cocoon and Promises are both very good. Icy-veins says the ursoc trinket is BiS but that seems not accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ
    Sure - but the explanation is easy really, and I think you will agree. With Power Infusion and Mindbender the DPS of Disc can be frontloaded and Dungeon bosses don't live long. Heroism/Bloodlust is not required to do this kind of damage. What is, is that the boss doesn't live for several minutes. You can't just ignore 1/2 minute cooldowns. That's like saying "whats your dps without penance".
    I wasn't trying to say you do pure unfiltered 200k dmg with no cooldowns whatsoever for 10 minutes. I was trying to say the relevant damage you do, that means the damage until the trash pack or boss dies, that is 200k. And this accelerates dungeon runs massively - which makes Disc a pleasure to play in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ
    Usually it's between 200 and 300k (On some fights with downtime etc. it can be lower). Beating a paladin is mostly not possible really. As I said - our paladin was NOT there on Cenarius, that's how I went ahead of everyone by 70k. The missing spot healing gave me time to apply atonements for random damage and use it, instead of only predictable damage.
    But I did beat our paladin on Elerethe: www warcraftlogs com/reports/z1HLDd87hmtYqTb3#type=healing&fight=28
    Not to brag, but currently that kill was rank 5 for me.

www warcraftlogs com/rankings/character/12105762/latest#bracket=-1&metric=hps

I can't post links, so add the dots yourself.
    Last edited by mmoc97885d5c45; 2016-09-27 at 08:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    But I did beat our paladin on Elerethe: www warcraftlogs com/reports/z1HLDd87hmtYqTb3#type=healing&fight=28

Funny that, I'm the one above you on that fight
    (-> https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=rankings)

I've only Disc-healed 3 HC fights so far: Elerethe, Cenarius and Xavius. When we started the ID on NHC, we were 27 people, and I dropped Disc rather quickly. It was simply not possible to blanket atone the raid and line up the burst properly. I went Holy for the remainder of the NHC fights, as well as the first HC bosses. I only went back to Disc on Elerethe because our 5th healer was missing, forcing our raid lead to tune it down to 20 people. You might call it luck, but my performance on the spider blew my mind. Countering her feeding times with 2-3 Radiances, Halo and MB/LW was insane.

As for dps, I did 115k on Elerethe, 120k on Cenarius and 130k on Xavius. In my opinion it boils down to dot'ing as much as possible, stutter-smiting and obviously keeping MB and Penance on CD. 31% Haste at the moment, and I'm really feeling good with that. Depending on buff food, my Shield CD varies between 5,7 sec and 5,6. Smite and SM are 1,1ish sec. I honestly wouldn't get any more haste beyond that point, because when you do get to stand still and go ham on damage alone, your mana melts like butter under the sun.

Sure - but the explanation is easy really, and I think you will agree. With Power Infusion and Mindbender the DPS of Disc can be frontloaded and Dungeon bosses don't live long. Heroism/Bloodlust is not required to do this kind of damage. What is, is that the boss doesn't live for several minutes. You can't just ignore 1/2 minute cooldowns. That's like saying "whats your dps without penance".
    I wasn't trying to say you do pure unfiltered 200k dmg with no cooldowns whatsoever for 10 minutes. I was trying to say the relevant damage you do, that means the damage until the trash pack or boss dies, that is 200k. And this accelerates dungeon runs massively - which makes Disc a pleasure to play in dungeons.
    Are you running PI even for mythic+? (let's say level 5+). For a short time (30s) I'm easily able to maintain 150k+ too, however it seems to me that PI + schism is pretty much required to do it.

Usually it's between 200 and 300k (On some fights with downtime etc. it can be lower). Beating a paladin is mostly not possible really. As I said - our paladin was NOT there on Cenarius, that's how I went ahead of everyone by 70k. The missing spot healing gave me time to apply atonements for random damage and use it, instead of only predictable damage.

Finally... thanks for the log. This might help me. It's also worth saying that according to that log your performance is in top 15% of all discipline priests -- that kinda means it's not that easy .

Good job.