Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm gonna have to apologize , but I couldn't find any discussion about trinkets in the first 15 pages of this topic and then I got bored ._.. Do we have anywhere a list of what's good and what's bad? I know dps trinkets got nerfed to the ground and are currently a bad choice, but I'm stuck choosing between the stat-sticks with int+haste/int+crit and 2 trinkets I got from Emerald Nightmare and a mythic dungeon, respectively http://www.wowhead.com/item=138222/v...fog&bonus=1807 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=133645/n...are&bonus=1826 (no clue how to link items, apologizes again).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphiramoon View Post
    I'm gonna have to apologize , but I couldn't find any discussion about trinkets in the first 15 pages of this topic and then I got bored ._.. Do we have anywhere a list of what's good and what's bad? I know dps trinkets got nerfed to the ground and are currently a bad choice, but I'm stuck choosing between the stat-sticks with int+haste/int+crit and 2 trinkets I got from Emerald Nightmare and a mythic dungeon, respectively http://www.wowhead.com/item=138222/v...fog&bonus=1807 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=133645/n...are&bonus=1826 (no clue how to link items, apologizes again).
    Check the first page again. At the end of the guide is a listed google document "7.0 Trinket Comparison Sheet" with ALL the trinkets and their usefulness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Check the first page again. At the end of the guide is a listed google document "7.0 Trinket Comparison Sheet" with ALL the trinkets and their usefulness.
    You're an angel and I'm blind. Thank you <3.

- - - Updated - - -

Checked the list but it seems to not contain the stupid statsticks with int+random stat. I got 2 840 ilev ones with int+haste and int+crit.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're an angel and I'm blind. Thank you <3.

- - - Updated - - -

Checked the list but it seems to not contain the stupid statsticks with int+random stat. I got 2 840 ilev ones with int+haste and int+crit.
    If I understand the green highlighted text on the doc correctly, stat sticks were not included because they won't roll past 840. If you're not going to get 840+ role specific non-stat trinkets, just go with gut instinct. Rule of thumb for Disc is a comfortable level of haste (Smite cast time, SM cast time, PW:S Cooldown).

My very personal opinion: "Healing" trinkets that give extra healing or shields or whatnot feel very underwhelming and are too RNG for me. I much prefer mana-trinkets, on-use trinkets or flat stat sticks. I want my stats/buffs all the time or precisely when I need them.

EDIT: Ahem. Purely open for discussion, but from as HPS-oriented e-peen point of view those shielding trinkets are the worst. Generally they'll apply the shield to your atoned targets. But you want precisely these people to take damage (so you can get out more numbers).
    Last edited by Leenaleena; 2016-09-27 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    That's exactly the reason why I'm being bothered by the trinkets too. Maybe it's a disc priest thing "oh, another shield, go away, I do those all day" but they just feel..meh. I decided to get the darkmoon card and upgrade it, I feel mana savings would help me most in raids atm. I'll see how the Vial of Nightmare Fog behaves in next raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly the reason why I'm being bothered by the trinkets too. Maybe it's a disc priest thing "oh, another shield, go away, I do those all day" but they just feel..meh. I decided to get the darkmoon card and upgrade it, I feel mana savings would help me most in raids atm. I'll see how the Vial of Nightmare Fog behaves in next raid.
    Yup, I honestly dislike most of those trinkets. After the first disastrous night in EN mana-wise, I bought the Darkmoon Trinket. Haven't regretted it yet. I also rolled a good Ursoc trinket. Its proc is RNG, so nothing to depend on, but the 1k Versa are a flat 3% damage increase/personal damage reduction. That's not something you can argue against. I still firmly believe that the Seventh Spine Trinket is a myth, so I'll most likely try to get the other Mana-trinket from Elerethe. I get my comfort stats from the rest of the gear.

Deleted
    Yup, I honestly dislike most of those trinkets. After the first disastrous night in EN mana-wise, I bought the Darkmoon Trinket. Haven't regretted it yet. I also rolled a good Ursoc trinket. Its proc is RNG, so nothing to depend on, but the 1k Versa are a flat 3% damage increase/personal damage reduction. That's not something you can argue against. I still firmly believe that the Seventh Spine Trinket is a myth, so I'll most likely try to get the other Mana-trinket from Elerethe. I get my comfort stats from the rest of the gear.
    I got the Seventh Spine in the first try. Just a normal 840, but it's still decent. On Xavius it regged me 400-500k mana.

So first off, going to say that neither of my holy/disc artifacts have any AP in them, however they both have 840 relics in them, so they aren't complete crap.

I did my mythic+ dungeon runs last night and got all the way to +8 before we stopped (we skipped a few as well). +2-5 felt fine as disc however It was a bit of a struggle at times as the AoE would outpace atonement healing and SM spamming. I ended up swapping to holy for the rest and it went a lot smoother, although my DPS on the boss did go down significantly, I felt much better equipped to handle some mechanics. We ended up getting back to back to back EoA minus our first and last dungeons which was MoS. Overall I felt disc could do fine, a lot better if I had any AP in my artifact, but holy felt better baseline.

It's getting to the point that I'm going to just start putting AP in one of those 2 artifacts, probably will lean towards the holy one for those more brutal affixes when they come out. Not saying that disc can't do it, but it's definitely easier for me as holy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrchalis View Post
    I got the Seventh Spine in the first try. Just a normal 840, but it's still decent. On Xavius it regged me 400-500k mana.
    Lies! I shall not believe it until I see it with my own eyes!
    (And don't you dare post a screenshot. I much prefer my illusion.)

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    So first off, going to say that neither of my holy/disc artifacts have any AP in them, however they both have 840 relics in them, so they aren't complete crap.

I did my mythic+ dungeon runs last night and got all the way to +8 before we stopped (we skipped a few as well). +2-5 felt fine as disc however It was a bit of a struggle at times as the AoE would outpace atonement healing and SM spamming. I ended up swapping to holy for the rest and it went a lot smoother, although my DPS on the boss did go down significantly, I felt much better equipped to handle some mechanics. We ended up getting back to back to back EoA minus our first and last dungeons which was MoS. Overall I felt disc could do fine, a lot better if I had any AP in my artifact, but holy felt better baseline.

It's getting to the point that I'm going to just start putting AP in one of those 2 artifacts, probably will lean towards the holy one for those more brutal affixes when they come out. Not saying that disc can't do it, but it's definitely easier for me as holy.
    As much as I love Disc in general, these were precisely my own experiences with both healing specs (bar the 0 AP - both of mine have 2nd golden trait unlocked). My group pushed quite hard, even on higher tiers, which I still am upset about. I'd much rather have them pull carefully but survive than go at it with a sledgehammer and cause a wipe. To be honest, I'm sitting at only two +7 (Maw and Rook) which I both did as Holy. Our affixes (teeming and skittish) were pure horror. It was impossible to skip certain trash packs and also impossible to bomb them down due to aggro roulette.

How did you deal with mechanics that simply dropped someone from 100% to 10% while a debuff was ticking? I had no solution for that, neither as Holy nor as Disc. Did I miss something?

As much as I love Disc in general, these were precisely my own experiences with both healing specs (bar the 0 AP - both of mine have 2nd golden trait unlocked). My group pushed quite hard, even on higher tiers, which I still am upset about. I'd much rather have them pull carefully but survive than go at it with a sledgehammer and cause a wipe. To be honest, I'm sitting at only two +7 (Maw and Rook) which I both did as Holy. Our affixes (teeming and skittish) were pure horror. It was impossible to skip certain trash packs and also impossible to bomb them down due to aggro roulette.
    We had Bolstering (each enemy death empowers their allies increasing health + damage by 20%) and skittish. We pushed pretty hard, but with a warrior tank it was easy mostly. There were a few wipes and some moments where I was literally spamming everything I had with GS up and couldn't outheal the damage. Might have been a talent choice at that point though. We pulled carefully, but accidents happen (barrage), and when they did happen the struggle as disc became unreal. As holy I had more tools to deal with it.

What does teeming do? We had a hunter so he would just MD or I would spam HN and then fade and thank would get all my aggro.
    How did you deal with mechanics that simply dropped someone from 100% to 10% while a debuff was ticking? I had no solution for that, neither as Holy nor as Disc. Did I miss something?
    Well as holy that was just a quick HW: Serenity -> FH -> FH Someone else (ToL). on DPS my HW: Serenity was about 3/4 of a DPS' health and roughly 1/2 of the tanks on non crits. It also helps that we stayed roughly stacked for a lot to take advantage of Sanctify and PoH range. I did fine some time to DPS on most bosses, but there were some bosses I just sat and spam healed the entire time.

Deleted
    Guys, don't you start disheartening me too! I've been following this topic with confidence that if you manage it, I will too (in time).
    My highest experience so far was Darkheart 6+ - so still in the "safe zone", which we sadly didn't finish in time. I play with 2 friends, and while one is also a raider, the other, which is the tank (DH) is mostly casual. We complete the group with whoever is around, but generally pretty casual people too. My Darkheart run had me(disc), tank)DH), dps (DH-this one is decent), sub rogue and boomkin (not bad guy, but 845 ilev). A big reason for not making the timer was the fact we didn't know about the shortcut, which meant about 5 pretty large extra packs of trash. I also had issues with pulling the 2 bears at the start with another pack, where we wiped.
    Do you trust yourself and go with a more dps oriented spec? I went with the super safe bet of Castigation/Grace and felt that Twist of Fate would not have been a bad move either, since it gives you healing when you need it most. I somehow don't manage to feel I get the most of PI.

Edit: I think Teeming means lots more mobs. That's the only mechanic I got on all keys (but only did +2,+4,+6).
    Last edited by mmoc318f6f4933; 2016-09-27 at 04:56 PM. Reason: completing

7+ Year Old Account
    We had Bolstering (each enemy death empowers their allies increasing health + damage by 20%) and skittish. We pushed pretty hard, but with a warrior tank it was easy mostly. There were a few wipes and some moments where I was literally spamming everything I had with GS up and couldn't outheal the damage. Might have been a talent choice at that point though. We pulled carefully, but accidents happen (barrage), and when they did happen the struggle as disc became unreal. As holy I had more tools to deal with it.

What does teeming do? We had a hunter so he would just MD or I would spam HN and then fade and thank would get all my aggro.

Well as holy that was just a quick HW: Serenity -> FH -> FH Someone else (ToL). on DPS my HW: Serenity was about 3/4 of a DPS' health and roughly 1/2 of the tanks on non crits. It also helps that we stayed roughly stacked for a lot to take advantage of Sanctify and PoH range. I did fine some time to DPS on most bosses, but there were some bosses I just sat and spam healed the entire time.
    As our fellow priest explained, teeming just means more mobs. Which includes a higher counter to finish. May sound simple, but when the one nasty mob of a pack suddenly exists twice, you stop laughing about it. Or packs that were skippable by running around them suddenly have two more thanding on their edges. Such fun...Actually I believe that last part was the hardest one. We would suddenly find mobs in places where we didn't expect them.

I suppose I need to teach my group to stick together then for Holy. I just feel bad about expecting them to do something to help with my healing. Whenever they run with another guild healer (those druids and shamans) they go on and on about how easy it was, how quickly they were healed up, yada yada. But what do you do when Serenity is on cooldown? I almost exclusively run with a bear, so the Serenity is pretty much my only tool to properly bring him back up (though I do admit to ignoring his HP until he drops somewhere below 75%). It does however often feel like a priestly Lay on hands, it's stupidly strong when it crits!

The point where I struggled the most was the first boss in Black Rook Hold on +7. The dash she does dropped three people right down to 10%, with one of us ticking on a debuff from her glaive throw earlier.

Guys, don't you start disheartening me too! I've been following this topic with confidence that if you manage it, I will too (in time).
    My highest experience so far was Darkheart 6+ - so still in the "safe zone", which we sadly didn't finish in time. I play with 2 friends, and while one is also a raider, the other, which is the tank (DH) is mostly casual. We complete the group with whoever is around, but generally pretty casual people too. My Darkheart run had me(disc), tank)DH), dps (DH-this one is decent), sub rogue and boomkin (not bad guy, but 845 ilev). A big reason for not making the timer was the fact we didn't know about the shortcut, which meant about 5 pretty large extra packs of trash. I also had issues with pulling the 2 bears at the start with another pack, where we wiped.
    Do you trust yourself and go with a more dps oriented spec? I went with the super safe bet of Castigation/Grace and felt that Twist of Fate would not have been a bad move either, since it gives you healing when you need it most. I somehow don't manage to feel I get the most of PI.

Edit: I think Teeming means lots more mobs. That's the only mechanic I got on all keys (but only did +2,+4,+6).
    To be honest, I went Maw of Souls on +6 as Disc, and it mostly consisted of SW:P'ing stuff on pull and then just spamming SM. It is EXACTLY as people from Beta described it to be. ToF really shines on those, as people always drop below the treshold. So no, once I get +4 I completely forget about dps (unless on boss) or simply go Holy I guess.

Deleted
    To be honest, I went Maw of Souls on +6 as Disc, and it mostly consisted of SW:P'ing stuff on pull and then just spamming SM. It is EXACTLY as people from Beta described it to be. ToF really shines on those, as people always drop below the treshold. So no, once I get +4 I completely forget about dps (unless on boss) or simply go Holy I guess.
    Bummer that we can actually start playing our class as it's supposed to be only when somewhat overgearing the place (at least that was my experience so far starting with even simple hcs). I don't hate Shadow Mend but it does feel like a crutch for the spec atm. I blessed the aoe stun of the demon hunter on occasions, as it allowed me to get people back up enough. I'm also occasionally mind controlling one of the mobs to reduce a bit the initial load - though I'm assuming that is not good for the speed part.

I fully upgraded my darkmoon card, but I have to say that when I looked at the 460-1800 mana reduction compared to the mana costs of the spells, it doesn't make me very confident. Right now, the haste build feels quite in contradiction with the speed I go through mana in raids. I wonder if a crit build will ever work (once we can get enough of it to be reliable).

[QUOTE=Leenaleena;42533142]As our fellow priest explained, teeming just means more mobs. Which includes a higher counter to finish. May sound simple, but when the one nasty mob of a pack suddenly exists twice, you stop laughing about it. Or packs that were skippable by running around them suddenly have two more thanding on their edges. Such fun...Actually I believe that last part was the hardest one. We would suddenly find mobs in places where we didn't expect them.[QUOTE]
    That sounds fun actually. Funny story, we pulled a bunch of mobs in EoA and were wittling them down (found easiest way was to burn them all evenly so they die around the same time) when somehow the boss got pulled and it got bolstered instead so had to blow lust on that boss instead of the lightning water island one.
    I suppose I need to teach my group to stick together then for Holy. I just feel bad about expecting them to do something to help with my healing. Whenever they run with another guild healer (those druids and shamans) they go on and on about how easy it was, how quickly they were healed up, yada yada. But what do you do when Serenity is on cooldown? I almost exclusively run with a bear, so the Serenity is pretty much my only tool to properly bring him back up (though I do admit to ignoring his HP until he drops somewhere below 75%). It does however often feel like a priestly Lay on hands, it's stupidly strong when it crits!
    Well you have to play to the strength of the healer. What does a mage or hunter lose if they're roughly in melee? Nothing really, infact most classes can play in melee'ish range just fine. As for how to keep my tank up, there were times where every GCD I spent was FH into the tank. In those situations you can pop Apotheosis if you took it for fast HW: Serenity or burn your GS early. I do that quite a bit if I see them dip to 50% health and they're still getting trucked. It adds a blanket protection if your heals can't keep up, GS pops them up quite a bit. Divinity is also a decent talent to look into, that extra 15% helps loads, since it also works on EoL healing which you'll constantly be refreshing with FH.
    The point where I struggled the most was the first boss in Black Rook Hold on +7. The dash she does dropped three people right down to 10%, with one of us ticking on a debuff from her glaive throw earlier.
    Yeah, we ran into that issue as well when we did BRH. What we ended up doing was stacking up on the boss and just slowly moving with it. You have a second or so to move out of the dash and it's faster to run through the boss than to run around most of the time.
    I didn't run ToF as disc, probably will next time, but I was struggling to keep up in +5 when the shit hit the fan.

This was my experience as well. I'd love to go disc, and if I ONLY raided I can guarantee that I would go disc all the way. However, in five mans holy just blows disc away (for me), and mythic+ progression is important to me and my friends. I have to go all-in on holy, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Krbl View Post
    Today I was doing ~70k DPS and between 160 and 200k HPS, depending on the fight, and I certainly have room for improvement.
    Yes, that is also in the range of my experience (I have a bit more DPS a bit less HPS most of the time).
    I can spike up to 500k HPS for some time but that is not sustainable and requires for the other healers to stand back after some heavy burst damage on the whole raid, which is the main problem: To make the most out of disc you need to direct the other healers when to save mana and leave some heavy burst healing to you, because disc is a bit sluggish compared to one-button raid-heal cooldowns other specs can use to snipe our healing in those situations.

I've been having a lot of troubles with Disc... I've played pre-legion and leveled as a disc, and even though it's my "2nd" main character, this spec is driving me mad simply because :
    - I'm only 840 ilvl.
    - I can't heal as much as I'd like with Holy. Yes I know, you're not supposed to heal as much, but 70/30 according to blizzard, or 80/30 according to some of the players. But for me it's like 50/30. Maybe even worse.
    - I don't want to join a guild nor do any raid. I want to focus solely on dungeon and mostly PuG, simply because there not a single guild that isn't arrogant and competent at the same time. There's always someone who would say "lol, this guy is clueless about the others classes, god please forgive their ignorance, blablabla", no thanks.
    - As most of you guessed, you often see some of the classes that say "stop dpsing, you're not supposed to be a DPS class, just stop that and heal us instead ffs"

So yeah, even though I'm fairly confident with my abilities, or confident enough to improve, I just don't feel as confident as when I'm Holy while doing Dungeons. I don't even dare going mythic as a 840 ilvl disc, while I can do it blindfolded with holy. What's worse ? It's the fact that I've spent only 5 hours or less "learning" that spec. Hell, I don't even know half of the abrevations you guys use when talking about the holy's spells...

It really pisses me off when I see a lot of disc priest doing mythic+ with "ease" even though I suspect them to have a little breath whenever they have the others classes using their own self heal. It's just that, I feel like they're kind of pissed everytime they see I'm a "disc" and I'm not healing them as much as a Holy's priest.

I'm using Weak Auras, Grid, and Enemy Grid as addons. But still I feel like it isn't enough. I seriously need help because my confidence reached an all-time low when I see you can be pretty much godlike when using Holy by using only 2 spells throughout the entire dungeon. And it sucks because it's boring as #@$%.

Argh T_T

Here is a screenshot of my last heroic dungeon in Vault of the Warden in case you're wondering if I'm doing good or bad. Feel free to give me any tips : http://imgur.com/a/8tr15

Talents used were power infusion and mindbender applied mostly on big trash / bosses. Also first time I used Power infusion since pre-legion.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2016-09-27 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I've been having a lot of troubles with Disc... I've played pre-legion and leveled as a disc, and even though it's my "2nd" main character, this spec is driving me mad ...
    I've never posted to forums which discuss WoW before, in 10 years because I've not "needed" to. I don't know if most players here have played this class since BC or Vanilla, but what Blizz has done to priests this time is either incredibly stupid, or they're relying on some AI generator to build a class, or they have killed priests and are still calling "whatever" this class is, "Priests". Whoever is so giddy about Holy and Disc changes, IMO just started playing this game. Those of us who have spent years playing this game and class are heartbroken and honestly considering giving this up. Myself, if I had wanted to play Holy, I would've been playing a pure healing class years ago. But now they've even gimped that spec. Disc was perfect for me, even over all these years with the changes here and there.

THIS change, is unforgivable. Make fun of me I don't even care. This change is pure absurdity. Today I read patch notes and guess who get's help? Shadow Priests. No intelligent change to Holy or Disc. And if I had wanted to be pure DPS, I'd be one of the many choices of DPS.

Truly, my character that I've played for so long, the one character I've had so much FUN on when I was hard-core raiding, ir casual raiding, is dead. It's just dead. I waited and waited and waited. Here I am progressing in Legion, and raiding is flat out pure sh*t as Disc or Holy.

I want the name of the genius who killed Priests at Blizzard. Does anyone know who the brilliant developers are that gimped the only class thousands of us have played for 8-10+years? I've never griefed about WoW. But this is disturbing me and others to the point we are flat out coming up with conspiracy theories because the changes are so incredibly ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    To make the most out of disc you need to direct the other healers when to save mana and leave some heavy burst healing to you, because disc is a bit sluggish compared to one-button raid-heal cooldowns other specs can use to snipe our healing in those situations.
    This is a problem, especially with the raid CDs of other healers (monk) - they can be timed easily though.

I guess the problem gets worse when the group is overhealing the content (too many or overgeared healers).

At this point I don't feel confident telling my fellow healers they should not use a CD on a damage spike, because I am afraid I get the timing wrong and people start dying.

Hello fellow members of the clergy. After years of fanatical dedication to holy, my faith faltered when we lost the blessing of the Lightwell. Fortunately i soon discovered the majesty of Discipline and predictive healing, and now whole heartedly plead myself to it.

But despite my passion, i lack the wisdom to temper it. Thus i wish to ask advice. I have to note however we are not a super competitive guild. We cleared all but 3 mythics in HFC before we stopped raiding, because of the new expansion so its nothing impressive. But we do like to tackle challenges and go as far as we can. I am still interested in hearing opinions on how i can offer the most, play to the best of my potential even if we are not a powerhouse of raiding.

1. Schism. Is the reason why its not considered viable the mana cost? I have seen this claimed for mythic but what about heroic bosses? I guess even if it can be viable for heroic, its better to learn a playstyle i can maintain, and not find myself learning all over again when we engage Mythics?

2. Our role. I understand the idea of predictive burst healing and how we can do great in certain encounters. My question is in general are we supposed to not do much during more "calm" phases? I often feel like i do nothing,helping out with a shield or some atonement healing the rot or spew of corruption target, but overall i feel meek. Should i even disregard damage from specific sources to maintain my mana for the times where its best applied? I say this because we have some quite intensive spot healing healers, and my atonement is usually too late.

3. Borrowed time. I dreamt about it and the idea of trying to maintain a high uptime by alternating between atonement generation and smite/penance/LW. Of cours i understand that when i prepare to heal an ursoc's roar i cannot do that. But can you think of a case where we could try? A "rotation" of rolling accelerated atonement healing sounds cool.

4. Amalgam's seventh spine. What the heck with it? I read about someone getting a few hundreds mana back from it in Xavious. Afaik if u refresh the buff you dont get mana back, and u only apply it with SM or PW:S - thus is really bad. Am i missing something?

5. Trinkets. I have 15 different ones and i just dont know what to do. I ended up going with chronoshard from Arcway and a Statstick with Int+Crit. I want to use naglfar fare, or Xavious's Bough of Corruption or even Vindictive Gladiators insignia of dominance. Anyone has tested and can give his opinion?

6. Flintoid. I dont trust him and i also saw someone calling the whole thing a meme in another post. Sorry if it has been already discussed as i didnt see it - i admit i did not read all 56 pages. I just think that even if his playstyle is vable blizz would nerf/change it, due to not being what they intended ( from what i understood from class design). +he never mentions the little detail of shadowmend leaving a dot, and thus his log numbers being slightly inflated. What you think?

7. I just did a EoA+4 and it was pure agony. wiped at pretty much all the bosses. multiple times on Serpentrix and Wrath. Especially Wrath. The dps wasnt too imba - ranging from 120 the lowest to 200 the highest but most often i felt i was at fault for not providing enough healing power. I decided to stay away from mythics+ until i get a lot of better gear. I have a gear set of 850, but the stats are mostly mastery and versa, while the haste-crit focused one is 846 and i choose to use it instead. Do you think i would have an easier time with the 850 one?

Tnx for the help.