Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New black panther party to carry arms in Cleveland if legal

The New Black Panther Party, a "black power" movement, will carry firearms for self-defense during rallies in Cleveland ahead of next week's Republican convention, if allowed under Ohio law, the group's chairman said.

The plan by the group this weekend comes as police in Cleveland brace for an influx of groups that plan demonstrations before and during the presidential nominating convention.

During the attack last week in Dallas that killed five police officers, law enforcement officials said demonstrators carrying rifles led them to initially believe they were under attack by multiple shooters.

Several other groups, including some supporters of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, have said they will carry weapons in Cleveland.

"If it is an open state to carry, we will exercise our second amendment rights because there are other groups threatening to be there that are threatening to do harm to us," Hashim Nzinga, chairman of the New Black Panther Party, told Reuters in a telephone interview.

"If that state allows us to bear arms, the Panthers and the others who can legally bear arms will bear arms."

Nzinga said he condemned the Dallas shootings.

Officials in Ohio have said it will be legal for protesters to carry weapons at demonstrations outside the convention under that state’s "open carry" law, which allows civilians to carry guns in public.

"Black power" groups promote defense against racial oppression, with some advocating for the establishment of armed self-defense groups, black social institutions and a self-sufficient economy.

The New Black Panther Party has long called for a separate black nation. But Nzinga said the movement was now focused on protecting black Americans' rights.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us..._medium=Social
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's their right then they can exercise it. I still think Open Carry is dumb as shit but if other people can do it so can they. I just hope nobody gets shot

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    If it's their right then they can exercise it. I still think Open Carry is dumb as shit but if other people can do it so can they. I just hope nobody gets shot
    It should be interesting since other opposing groups that will be there will also be carrying guns. I just hope nothing happens.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember, Nixon was pro open carry until the Black Panthers started doing it, then he got the laws in CA changed.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Just remember, Nixon was pro open carry until the Black Panthers started doing it, then he got the laws in CA changed.
    Wasn't that Reagan?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wasn't that Reagan?
    Yup.

/10
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

i don't think hate groups should be allowed to have second amendment rights.

this is as bad as KKK or neo-nazi groups carrying weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wasn't that Reagan?
    Huh, guess so... Mulford Act of 1967 was in direct response to the Black Panthers utilizing their open carry rights. Enacted by Regan. Could'a sworn it was Nixon....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Yep, another example of why the 2nd amendment needs to be really reworked. There is no reason to allow large groups of people to walk around armed knowing full well that there will be opposition who is also armed. This is just begging for a conflict to break out. Open carry is the dumbest shit in the world.

Nah Reagan became a supporter of gun control when his press secretary, James Brady, got really messed up during his assassination that left him cripped.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's legal, then sure why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Also open carry is legal in Ohio (but its really encouraged to do so only if you have a concealed gun permit)

10+ Year Old Account
    There were a ton of people doing open carry in the protest in Dallas last Friday, and no one used their weapon, even when there could be legal gray area that would have allowed it. (To protect themselves from the shooter).

Nothing to worry about. People who open carry do it "cause they can", not to kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    There were a ton of people doing open carry in the protest in Dallas last Friday, and no one used their weapon, even when there could be legal gray area that would have allowed it. (To protect themselves from the shooter).

Nothing to worry about. People who open carry do it "cause they can", not to kill people.
    one person used their weapon at the Dallas protest.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    He saw the future and the problem was never with guns.
    http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/socia...-worlds-reeves
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Did you have a link to that news article?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Did you have a link to that news article?
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/phi...ling-protests/

#IStandWithGinaCarano

If it's legal, then what the problem?
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    What you did there, I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

If they peaceably open carry, when the police don't slaughter them arbitrarily, won't that be kind of awkward for the BPP/BLM?