Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    They shouldn't be allowed to.
    And nether should the black panthers.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    No group with an agenda, political or otherwise, should be able to arm themselves and gather. Things get heated way too quickly when people are doing something for their opinions, especially when those opinions are met with vocal resistance at every turn because extremists gonna extreme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Yep, another example of why the 2nd amendment needs to be really reworked. There is no reason to allow large groups of people to walk around armed knowing full well that there will be opposition who is also armed. This is just begging for a conflict to break out. Open carry is the dumbest shit in the world.
    i've open carried for the last 5 years without issue but then again i dont walk around looking for trouble
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Yeah, this is not a good idea. Gun rights are for safety and self defense, not looking tough, inciting riots and bullying.

Even if it were legal, no responsible gun owner would go to a protest with a gun.

Well they aren't a hate group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    No group with an agenda, political or otherwise, should be able to arm themselves and gather. Things get heated way too quickly when people are doing something for their opinions, especially when those opinions are met with vocal resistance at every turn because extremists gonna extreme.
    I wonder why nobody suggested common-sense gun laws? Oh yeah.... they have, Thanks NRA and Republicans for letting things like this happen. It's their right, after all! Can't touch that 2nd amendment, can you? >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    It's rare to come up with hypothetical state actions that could simultaneously violate the 1st and 2nd Amendment, but you've pulled it off.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I wonder why nobody suggested common-sense gun laws? Oh yeah.... they have, Thanks NRA and Republicans for letting things like this happen. It's their right, after all! Can't touch that 2nd amendment, can you? >_<
    Why do you blame the NRA and Republicans when millions of voters agree? It seems to me it's really the other people you are mad at, not those institutions.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think hate groups should be allowed to have second amendment rights.

this is as bad as KKK or neo-nazi groups carrying weapons.
    i think you dont know what a "right" is.

Its not a "right" if you can take it away from someone without a trial.

Either way, they have the right to carry if they follow the law and do it legally, thats half of Trumps platform. Respect the rule of law.

Even the original Black Panther Party doesn't like them:
    As guardian of the true history of the Black Panther Party, the Foundation, which includes former leading members of the Party, denounces this group's exploitation of the Party's name and history. Failing to find its own legitimacy in the black community, this band would graft the Party's name upon itself, which we condemn. ... [T]hey denigrate the Party's name by promoting concepts absolutely counter to the revolutionary principles on which the Party was founded. ... The Black Panthers were never a group of angry young militants full of fury toward the "white establishment." The Party operated on love for black people, not hatred of white people.
    Bobby Seale, one of the co-founding members of the Black Panther Party, also spoke out against the New Black Panther Party. In a 2010 interview, he called the group's rhetoric xenophobic and described its leaders' remarks as "absurd, racial, [and] categorical".[44]
    [W]e will never, ever stoop to the low level of the mentality of a racist to just hate another person because of the color of their skin or ethnicity. We don't do that. That's not the goal objective. The goal objective is human liberation. The goal objective is the greater community cooperation of humanism. The goal objective is to get rid of institutionalized racism.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Bl..._Panther_Party

They are also black nationalists, pan-Africanists, and anti-Semites (the full-on Jewish conspiracy controlling the world, types).

They're a hate group.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-07-14 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Why do you blame the NRA and Republicans when millions of voters agree? It seems to me it's really the other people you are mad at, not those institutions.
    Because the other millions of fearmongers who listen to Republican stupidity telling them that a common sense gun control laws should be fought. That's why.

We'd have these laws in, but people like you and the rest of the fearmongers paint Obama to be trying to take away guns... they don't, but you don't want to believe that.

They shouldn't be allowed to.
    Why not? Excluding those who cannot legally possess a firearm and as long as the state/city/venue does not bar open carry in the area they exercising their rights as US Citizens.

Same applies to the new Black Panthers. As long as they can legally possess these firearms, don't violate any state/local statutes, and carry them in a safe manner (muzzle control/trigger discipline) I see no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Because the other millions of fearmongers who listen to Republican stupidity telling them that a common sense gun control laws should be fought. That's why.
    Common sense isn't like Bloody Mary, you can't keep saying it to yourself in the mirror expecting it to appear and actually apply to the ideas it's being ascribed to. Piecemeal civilian disarmament is all you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...... The new Black panthers are a hate group.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

We'd have these laws in, but people like you and the rest of the fearmongers paint Obama to be trying to take away guns... they don't, but you don't want to believe that.
    Oh I knew this would be fun! This is why I responded to you.

I don't know what "common sense" gun regulation means, but I do know why it's worded that way: to make it sound like common sense! Who could argue that common sense common sense is not common sense, right? I love word games! The all time best has to be The Patriot Act. Who could be against such a fine sounding bill?

That being said, as much fun as it would probably be to break down your partisan hack way of life, I actually agree with what I think is your main point, minus the morning meeting talking points.

Is your main point that we have currently SCOTUS and 2nd Amendment approved measures that are woefully implemented? If so, I agree. The big one I harp on is that while the left uses false terms like "the gun show loop hole"(doesn't actually exist), they stupidly disregard the very real and never talked about private sale loophole. If SCOTUS has approved background checks, then why is that not extended to private sales? What is the point in a background check when the buyer can come home and immediately put that gun up for sale on craigslist to any human that arrives at his door, with no check required?

So this is a real thing that Democrats could fight but, instead they tell a lie to the public that there are no checks at gun shows, even though ATF/FBI presence/background check services are required by law. Then, they get shot down by the facts, and appear to be disingenuous. Why not just fight the real fight that needs fighting, and that can be won? Well, that raises and interesting question: Does the left want to "win" on gun control? That is debatable. When you "solve" an issue, you lose the ability to beat up your political opponent over it. That is why you saw that shameful congressional "sit in against civil rights" a few weeks ago. They protested the lack of passage of a bill that they knew violated 4 to 5 of the 10 bill of rights amendments (meaning SCOTUS would repeal it), and that was shot down by their own party in the Senate. They don't want to eliminate an issue they feel they beat Republicans on, then the new math is about issues that are not yet solved.

The Republicans are just as guilty. They act like Obama is a "gun grabber" even though the 2nd amendment can't be repealed without passing 75% of the state legislatures, that are overwhelmingly Republican nationwide.

TL;DR: I am not a partisan hack that disregards logic and facts to support my emotions. I may be wrong sometimes, but I'll be damned if I will ever be a shill for one party like some sort of misguided fan boy.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-07-14 at 01:21 AM.

Yea my mistake, the original was not. But still even the NBPP, "fights the oppression of black and brown people and that its members are on top of current issues facing black communities across the world." While the KKK is pure hate.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Yea my mistake, the original was not. But still even the NBPP, "fights the oppression of black and brown people and that its members are on top of current issues facing black communities across the world." While the KKK is pure hate.
    Both are hate groups. One group hates black people, the other hates white people. The only difference is the KKK had some success in history.

7+ Year Old Account
    Next week will be messy. Violent leftists will probably straight up riot and cause quite a bit of harm to people and property.

Then you will see headlines from clinton news network and other liberal media saying how "Trumps evil wicked mean words cause violence."

- - - Updated - - -

Psst, Black Panthers have always been a hate group. New or old.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Both are hate groups. One group hates black people, the other hates white people. The only difference is the KKK had some success in history.
    Except even the NBPP, wasn't pure hate.

I live very close to Cleveland and will be trying my best to get at least close to the inevitable riots. It's funny, protesters actually started up on Monday of this week, literally a week before the RNC even starts lol. I'm hoping that both sides can be civil but I got a feeling things are going to get really really bad.