Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I think it was a Hans Rosling presentation I watched that showed how when you introduced feminism (specifically telling girls to pursue careers and self-sufficiency) into a country, birth rates immediately started declining - everywhere in the world from Asia to Africa

This sort of makes sense: girls didn't really have an option in those societies before, and when presented with a new option at least some will take it

This is really evident in countries like China, Korea and Japan, where women were working full careers even earlier than in the USA and Europe - their birth rates have been declining for decades
    I can see it, but to an extent, IDEAL fertility in most countries remains 2 kids a pop, even today and even in the most aggressively feminist countries this is so. IMHO Its more market forces, but I concede there may be a self-centredness meme spreading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I think it's okay, I mean as far as increased risk of autism or w/e goes, we can never really tell when science has its shit together; a little bit over a century ago you had prominent doctors warning the public that cocaine made negroes impervious to bullets, so I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the latest gov't ploy to control birth rates and whatnot.

Live your life how you want to live it.

So basically incoming rise of autism and a rise in 4chan viewbase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Actually I misread it as under 30s. You can rest easy.
    You still said under 20s not under 30s

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was always lead to believe that a womans eggs are all there from birth....

Anyways, the "rise in autism" is a wierd one. First, you have a lot that is classed as Autism. You have full blown autism, like my nephew has, and the other end of autism, like Aspergers. Both are classed as autism, but you wouldn't notice an Aspergers person. Doctors now class a lot more as autism than they used to. There is no "rise in autism", its just better understanding and better diagnostics of it. People that would have had autism 100 years ago would have been put in aslyums, no mention nor knowledge of autism. And for the record, autism doesn't mean they can't be productive members of society. I know a few people with Aspergers who work full time and only their employer knows of their autism, most people they work with have no idea. Yet, a few of my "normal" neighbours are wasters, drinking all day and smoking cannnabis all the time, complaining the immigrants took the jobs. The autistics provide more to society than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Relax dollface. I have standards and criteria and I doubt you or any of the alleged women on here meet them.
    I thought you were married.

On the plus side, lower teen pregnancy rates. Hopefully people can find that balance somewhere in the middle, because in your 40's isn't the greatest time either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I thought you were married.
    You can't marry a Justin Trudeau Body Pillow yet, Canada isn't THAT progressive. XD
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I was always lead to believe that a womans eggs are all there from birth....

Anyways, the "rise in autism" is a wierd one. First, you have a lot that is classed as Autism. You have full blown autism, like my nephew has, and the other end of autism, like Aspergers. Both are classed as autism, but you wouldn't notice an Aspergers person. Doctors now class a lot more as autism than they used to. There is no "rise in autism", its just better understanding and better diagnostics of it. People that would have had autism 100 years ago would have been put in aslyums, no mention nor knowledge of autism. And for the record, autism doesn't mean they can't be productive members of society. I know a few people with Aspergers who work full time and only their employer knows of their autism, most people they work with have no idea. Yet, a few of my "normal" neighbours are wasters, drinking all day and smoking cannnabis all the time, complaining the immigrants took the jobs. The autistics provide more to society than they do.
    The truth is somewhere in-between. It's complicated.

When it really comes down to it, everything carries a 1.5% chance of disaster or whatever. You can't make life choices based on tiny statistical risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You can't marry a Justin Trudeau Body Pillow yet, Canada isn't THAT progressive. XD
    Considering how often he refers to himself in the third person, I just assumed that his wife was in fact his left hand.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Feminism teaches girls these days to care more about their careers than their children, it's a cultural shift that doesn't affect me directly but that I do find distasteful and impractical - but then too I'm a sexist shitlord sometimes
    I don't see anything at all wrong with a woman going full-bore on a career, but they have to be realistic. You can't do that AND be supermom. It's just not feasible. Just pick one or the other, ffs.

Whichever one they do end up picking, it's up to them. Their life, after all.

EDIT: We should be aiming for ZPG ( zero population growth ) worldwide anyway, IMO. That's a birthrate of 2.1, as I recall.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-07-13 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post

EDIT: We should be aiming for ZPG ( zero population growth ) worldwide anyway, IMO. That's a birthrate of 2.1, as I recall.
    Afaik the US has a 1.9 one and I'm fairly certain it is not aligned in a way that is the most beneficial to the country Too much births among the poor and too few among the highly educated/wealthy.

Btw, google seems to have a new thing (at least I never saw it before) google Public data, seems quite nice and more modular than dissecting individual Wikipedia entries. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    My wife is 38. I am 49. We have a son who is 3 yrs and a son who is 6 mo.
    How ever that figures in.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    In Denmark we are "urged" to have babies young. But we are also severely punnished for not completing our education on time.

Its kinda opposite land.

I had my first child 8 months ago and i'm 29. To be honest i would have liked to have it sooner but it just wasnt feasable money wise

10+ Year Old Account
    Dem cougars.

Either way good on you guys. My understanding is that the birthrate has fallen off over there yeah?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Look at the recession and how it has affected millennials. After you see the facts, it only makes sense that we have a generation that will not be having as much kids because they are fucked.

Deleted
    Trends like this are really dubious territory when trying to superimpose historical epidemiology. Today's 40 year old is similar to 1990's 35 year old in many ways.

Italy has had this sort of trend for some years with no identifiable consequences that make it a "bad thing" (tm).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Considering how often he refers to himself in the third person, I just assumed that his wife was in fact his left hand.
    He is Mormon now, he can have both. XD

Deleted
    You need both hand to get past the "magic underwear".

Is he really now? lol I can't keep up, Tennisace should start a blog.