Affirm my assumptions for a higher being!

Heh.

Just wanna know if its applicable to have these terms for Hero Upgrade
    I'm working on a game and trying to find the perfect term for a second character / hero / champ upgrade

LV1 Normal (Summoned Hero)
    LV2 Reborn (Summoned Hero undergo with Rebirth System)
    LV3 Ascended (Summoned Reborn Hero undergo Ascension System)

is Ascended // Ascension okay?
    Does it impose its higher than rebirth?

Help me out, i a m b e g g i n g y o u p l e a s e p l e a s e

Yeah Ascended sounds like its higher than reborn

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it feels like Reborn should come later. Like you become ascended, reach a new level, and then undergo a rebirth, completely changing who and what you are into something else. Ascension sounds like an upgrade, rebirth sounds like an apotheosis.

Doesn't being reborn come after you ascend? First you ascend to heaven, then if you're lucky you're reborn as a reincarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Doesn't being reborn come after you ascend? First you ascend to heaven, then if you're lucky you're reborn as a reincarnation.
    Ascension is like becoming a god or another higher plane of existence. Atleast thats the way I see it from scifi like stargate and stuff. Reborn is like you said as being reincarated, you basically stay at the same lvl with rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    To me it feels like Reborn should come later. Like you become ascended, reach a new level, and then undergo a rebirth, completely changing who and what you are into something else. Ascension sounds like an upgrade, rebirth sounds like an apotheosis.

heheheh. the problem is the Devs already implemented the 'Rebirth' system -- then want to add another. Which is higher, so I'm kind of stuck trying to find the higher form of Rebirth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reborn could mean along the same lines as Ascended. Like, you are a hero, become strong enough, you ascend and are reborn. But what do you birth in to?

This is where your 3rd name could come from. Hero King? Angel? Devil? Archangel? Demi-God? Ancient? Something completely made up, like Xir'Dae, described as a superior being?

"Reborn" on its own does not imply a step up at all, but a second chance.
    Better use something like "", "ascended", "chosen", or if you want to have several ones in the highest tier switch the last two.

We can assume that "Reborn" implies that the primary advantage is the experience of a past life. It does not seem to imply any physical advantage. Now, one can argue that in a game where magic is tied to intellect, that "Reborn" can provide an advantage in that aspect.

"Ascended" is difficult to gauge, since it would imply "better", but what is the base comparison? Would you use "Rebirth Ascended"? Otherwise, would one think that "Ascended" is only an improvement on the base form?

"Awoken" might work better, since it can imply a latent power that awakens, allowing you the flex room to decide what aspect gets upgraded.

If you really want to be mysterious, you can probably do something like "Sealed", since it implies that there is a far greater power with "Unsealed", and you get more stages to work with.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but if you miss the deadline... You better bring the sword.

Normal > Hero > Champion > Legend > Paragon > Avatar >
    Risen > Reborn > Ascended > Ethereal > Celestial > Immortal

Technically when they are reborn, they just have a better stats and abilities so I guess thats a higher form.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    But what do you birth in to?
    This is a good question! I'll ask more about the details, technically it will come from the story line but I don't think they really are 'reborn' into something other than being better* heroes with better abilities.

Normal > Hero > Champion > Legend > Paragon > Avatar >
    Risen > Reborn > Ascended > Ethereal > Celestial > Immortal
    Noiisssssscce! Thanks for the ideas!

@NoJuice
    Sadly it wont be applicable because of the story line :s