Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas comes early to Rift this week with raid gear been practically thrown at us, reduced costs, bundles now bought with tokens as well, boosts affecting amount of tokens, all raids 'nerfed', guess they want everyone geared up nicely for Starfall Prophecy, all in hotfix #15.

RIFT 3.7: Hotfix #15 10/5/2016

MECHANICS

* We've updated how shield calcuations work.
    1. 100% shields are calculated first, then all non 100% shields.
    2. All shields now have a 'bleed through' amount based on their percentage.
    Ex: An 85% shield will always bleed 15 damage of a 100 damage attack, no matter how many 85% shields you have. Previously, each shield would reduce the damage further.
    * To read more, check out out the thread about it!

ITEMS

* The cost of Tier 1 & 2 weapons and armor has been reduced by 25% for both credits and tokens.
    * Tier 1 & 2 weapon and armor bundles now have a token price. The bundles are also bound to account.
    * Note: Drowned Prophet’s War Axe has the incorrect price this week. It'll be fixed in next week's hotfix!
    * Items with effects that increase token gain now affect Fragments of Darkness. Also, the passive patron buff will affect Fragment of Darkness gain as well.
    * Illusory Motes are available on the store now under Equipment -> Upgrade Components.

INSTANT ADVENTURE

MIND OF MADNESS INTREPID IA

* Corrected an issue with invasion mobs granting far more experience than intended.

RAIDS AND DUNGEONS

* Increased the number of items that drop from each boss of Rhen of Fate, Intrepid Gilded Prophecy, Intrepid Hammerknell, Tyrant’s Forge, Mount Sharax, and Mind of Madness.

COMET OF AHNKET

* All enemy npcs in this raid have had their health and damage reduced by roughly 30%
    * Doubled the amount of Tower Sigils that drop from Hard Mode bosses. Additionally, mini-bosses now drop one Sigil. Regular-mode bosses now drop Tower Sigils.

MIND OF MADNESS

* All enemy npcs in this raid have had their health and damage slightly reduced by roughly 10%.

ART

* Fixed appearance of undersides of Fine Wood Table dimension item.
    * Adjusted several older dimension items. Proper centering, fix holes, missing textures, etc.
    * Fixed the glow strength of the pink dimension plank when placed in brightly lit area.
    * Fixed a texture on underside of Old Fine Wood Table dimension object
    * Fixed the appearance and collision of Small Fine Wood Table and Small Old Fine Wood Table.
    * Fixed the appearance of undersides of cartel bench dimension items.

CRAFTING

* The recipe for Matte Black Triangles creates 12 per crafting now.

DIMENSIONS

Brevanic Wall Segments can now be scaled appropriately.
    Glowing Building Blocks now show up in the Store.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-5-2016-a.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Autumn Harvest returns tomorrow, but apart from that, a quiet week for fixes, here's Hotfix # 16.

RIFT 3.7: Hotfix #16 10/12/2016

GENERAL

* Summerfest 2016 wardrobe achievements are now regional wide.

ITEMS

* Dimensions: Metal Building Blocks now scale properly.
    * Dimensions: Fixed the appearance of the Old Cartel Table.
    * Fixed the recipe required to upgrade the Abyssal Conqueror's Greatsword.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...12-2016-a.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to spend that Aventurine you have stockpiled, Minion Halloween events are back in the 4hr decks, all in hotfix #17

RIFT 3.7: Hotfix #17 10/14/2016

GENERAL

* Fixed an issue with Scraps the Necro Budgie Trove that would sometime award a mount to only a single character.
    * Autumn Harvest seasonal adventures should now appear in the Premium Deck.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...14-2016-b.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Gloamwood just got a bit more spooky in Hotfix #18.

RIFT 3.7: Hotfix #18 10/19/2016

GENERAL

* Disabled non-Autumn Harvest bosses from showing up in the Spooky Adventures IA.
    * Added Autumn Sap currency to all instant adventures in Gloamwood for the duration of Autumn Harvest!
    * The text on the following Minion Card items has been corrected: Baelnezum, Sleilun, Gambahl, and Gakakhis.
    * Clarified the description for the achievement “Things That Go Bump In The Night”
    * Fixed a bug where hair could clip through floating skull helms.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

COMET OF AHNKET

* Fixed an issue where Fyragnos could escape his chamber and romp freely through the comet. Bad dragon.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...19-2016-a.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest patch notes evah! i have cramp in my fingers from typing out hotfix #19.

RIFT 3.7: Hotfix #19 10/26/2016

GENERAL

* Viewing uncollected weapon appearances will no longer show unnamed items from the future
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...26-2016-a.html

10+ Year Old Account
    This should be the penultimate Hotfix for Rift 3.0 Nightmare Tide, if all things go to plan, here's hotfix #20.

RIFT 3.7: Hotfix #20 11/2/2016

GENERAL

* Upon logging in, players may be placed on shards with more abundant player populations. You can still return to your origin shard by right-clicking on your portrait.
    * Fixed an issue causing the Wardrobe Appearance for Asana's Blade to be unavailable.
    * Added backwards facing collision to Cliff Face Boulder dimension item
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-2-2016-a.html

Not sure how I feel about the game automatically placing you on a different shard if it's more populated than your home server. It's kinda nice, but I'd rather they take the route GW2 did and place them in their home server (instance) and give them the option to move to a more populated server if they want to. I can definitely see a lot of people being confused by this change, especially with it coming in a hotfix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comedic relief video

Deleted
    Rofl why don't they test these things first.

It's sad to see my beloved Trion become such a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Rofl why don't they test these things first.

It's sad to see my beloved Trion become such a joke
    Yep. Upto Storm Legion was amazing then they really dropped the ball and started to become more about lining their pockets that content comes out bugged to shit or not tested at all. I just don't see a future for this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So players log in and are transferred to another shard with no way to get back to their home shard!! this is outrageous!!! oh wait, what's that right click my portrait and return to home shard nonsense?

I demand an immediate Dev reply!! oh wait, what's this? 3rd reply in the Thread:

What's going is quite simple: We are basically doing an automatic shard hop when you log in to a particular shard that has under X people. This will generally result in more abundant player populations. But when there's lots of folks on the same shard it then puts them on a new shard. So if there's more than Y people on Hailol it'll put the people on say Wolfsbane instead. If there's more than Y people on Hailol and Wolfsbane it'll put the people on Laethys. And so on. Server names are only examples.

It does not force you to stay on that shard, if you want to go to some other shard because the zone you're in is too busy or there's an event or any other reason you can continue to shard hop as normal
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5256204

The way you guys post you'd swear it was moving people off their home shard permanently, shard hopping anytime you like, when you like, has been in the game for years, but of course people that actually play Rift already know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    So players log in and are transferred to another shard with no way to get back to their home shard!! this is outrageous!!! oh wait, what's that right click my portrait and return to home shard nonsense?

I demand an immediate Dev reply!! oh wait, what's this? 3rd reply in the Thread:

The way you guys post you'd swear it was moving people off their home shard permanently, shard hopping anytime you like, when you like, has been in the game for years, but of course people that actually play Rift already know this.
    I really wonder how much Trion pays Curse and you arent banned yet, advertising isnt allowed on here, but you do it for the last 4 years 24/7.

All right, you know what? Fuck this.

Show me where I wrote that. Please, show me where I wrote or implied that you couldn't transfer servers. Please, quote it verbatim. I'll fucking wait, because I did not. And you've been around here just as long as I have and know that I know it's possible to server transfer, as does likely every other person in this thread who has some pretty extensive playtime with the game.

You want to know why you get so much hate? Because of shit like this. Because someone makes a critique, and rather than accept it or discuss it, your first reaction is to respond to something they didn't even say as if they're idiots and you and Trion are always right and perfect. This is the exact kind of shit that's devastated WildStar's community and ostracized new users just as much as the bad design decisions and marketing ever did.

Snarky link as if literally everyone reading and participating in this thread literally has no clue that shard hopping hasn't been in the game for what...well over a year by now. Check!

Literally nobody has said or implied that in this thread. Unless Wocky had something about it in his video, though I doubt he wouldn't be aware of shard hopping given his time with the game over the years, either.

Again, this is why you get so much hate in so many other places. Posts exactly like this. Responding to reasonable criticism of a design decision by misrepresenting what's being said to try to belittle and demean the critic by treating them as if they know nothing about the game.

Spoiler alert, a lot of us here have spent years playing the game. I played from 6 months after launch pretty much nonstop through Nightmare Tide, then it kinda fell to a tertiary game I logged in once a week or so, and by midway through it was mostly out of my rotation, much to my dismay. I loved the shit out of the majority of the time I spent playing the game, and during classic was the first to shout the praises of Trion as a developer/publisher and Rift as one of the best supported, best designed second generation MMO's on the market with all kinds of unique stuff that was totally worth the subscription! But guess what, a lot of us fell out of love with Trion over the years as they changed as a company and Rift changed as a game. And that sucks for a lot of us that are attached to some of our characters and mourn no longer enjoying playing them anymore after the hundreds or thousands of hours you dumped in. We're not critical because we necessarily hate Trion or Rift (though some folks likely have), but because we loved the shit out of them and hate seeing the continued downward slide of the game over the years. We're critical because we wish we could fall back in love with the game the way we were, and love Trion the way we used to, and we're seeing them continue to take steps away from that and towards what's been driving us all away (to speak a bit nebulously).

So no, fucking stop that bullshit. Stop treating all of us like retards who have never played by misrepresenting almost everything critical that we say. Members of the community like you are not doing the game or its communities appearance any favors, and the game needs all the help it can get to have a chance at returning even to the quality that existed in Storm Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Show me where I wrote that. Please, show me where I wrote or implied that you couldn't transfer servers. Please, quote it verbatim. I'll fucking wait, .
    Then you'll be waiting a long time, please feel free to point out where i quoted you verbatim? oh right, because i quoted nobody in my post, not a single person posting on here, the only quote in my post is from a Dev.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    advertising isnt allowed on here, but you do it for the last 4 years 24/7.
    "Advertising?" what am i "advertising"? the game? looool, guess you can apply "advertising" to every single game Forum/subforum on here then.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2016-11-03 at 07:42 AM.

Rift exists?

Then you'll be waiting a long time, please feel free to point out where i quoted you verbatim? oh right, because i quoted nobody in my post, not a single person posting on here, the only quote in my post is from a Dev.
    Nobody else in this thread brought it up, so who would you be responding to? Just coincidentally discussing the same topic that I brought up a few posts earlier with a response tailored for how my post was presented? You know, by accident and happenstance?

Sorry, I wasn't born yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody else in this thread brought it up, so who would you be responding to?
    It's simple, to provide the other side of the...eh, "debate", not everyone that takes a look in this section plays Rift yet the people that post their "concerns" fail to also provide the relevant information on how whatever they mention can also be dealt with.

Anyone not familiar with Rift reading some of the comments would assume that now when you log into Rift you're transferred from your home shard onto some other shard with no way back. I merely added the information that shard hopping is very common in Rift and you are free to hop around to play on any shard you like, as often as you like and when you like, it's called balance but some people don't happen to mention that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me where I wrote that. Please, show me where I wrote or implied that you couldn't transfer servers. Please, quote it verbatim. I'll fucking wait, because I did not. And you've been around here just as long as I have and know that I know it's possible to server transfer, as does likely every other person in this thread who has some pretty extensive playtime with the game.
    By the way, did you know the other little thing they didn't plan correctly? RP players on FaeBlight currently get transferred to Seastone - a PvP shard.

Waiting with baited breath to see if they bother fixing this on the EU shards when the patch goes live - because by this same logic, everyone's probably going from PvE to the least populated shard, BloodIron PvP

No worries, there's a fix - all you need to do to unflag yourself from PvP after transferring to your "origin" shard is right-click your portrait and mentor down - even though the buff is bugged and still displays, you're good to go! Ah, programming excellence!

16 November, RIFT gets released - here's the great new 64 bit tech at work

In fairness, they say they fixed it on the 2nd November - still, a funny bug for a game so close to release and they're screwing around with "shard auto-transfer" tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally nobody has said or implied that in this thread. Unless Wocky had something about it in his video, though I doubt he wouldn't be aware of shard hopping given his time with the game over the years, either.
    Indeed, I never mentioned anything of the sort. What would be more practical if this was really about "shard balancing" would be a pop-up when you log in that says: "You're in a queue, would you like to temporarily transfer to a less populated shard?"

But nope, this is purely about making the game appear successful at launch. Plain and simple. It's some pathetic quasi-marketing scheme because we assume less than 30% of the player-base has purchased the expansion and the launch is going to be pretty dismal with the few purchasers spread across multiple shards. Just go to the the beta server - it's mostly empty.

Our guild forums are full of "I quit, sorry guys - had enough of Trion" threads - this from even a few guys who bought the expansion. They took a look at the planar fragment fiasco, the added RNG, two new dungeons at launch (one extra complete asset, mechanic re-use - just an upscale), NO RAID at launch, limited complete planar adventures, many things still not even in test phase - and said "f--k it, I'm out"
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-03 at 08:47 AM.

It's simple, to provide the other side of the...eh, "debate", not everyone that takes a look in this section plays Rift yet the people that post their "concerns" fail to also provide the relevant information on how whatever they mention can also be dealt with.

Anyone not familiar with Rift reading some of the comments would assume that now when you log into Rift you're transferred from your home shard onto some other shard with no way back. I merely added the information that shard hopping is very common in Rift and you are free to hop around to play on any shard you like, as often as you like and when you like, it's called balance but some people don't happen to mention that.
    You mean how RP players are ending up on a PvP shard? There is a reason they don't do that in any other MMO and it asks you first in some if you want to. I doubt RP players enjoy being ganked otherwise they would play an RPPVP server for that. It should not be automatic. Period. Even Guild Wars 2 offers you a choice to move to a more populated map beforehand. And it certainly shouldn't be putting RP PvE players on a PvP server. Simple solution to how it can be dealt with. Turn off the automatic function. Only reason this is on is to automatically bunch up players on one or two realms to make it look like the game is still alive come Starfall launch. No other reason for this sharding tech because lets face it Rift does not have a large enough playerbase anymore to cause server issues at launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Rift exists?
    For how long is the question. The most recent Xpac is B2P which I doubt is gonna sell well. Player numbers are seriously down, very few serious raiding guilds left and so on. Every design decision Trion have been making recently is negatively received or driving away. players. Doesn't help when the "Hardcore fans" support this idea and any criticism of their ideas even constructive gets shut down on their forums though.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-03 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    But nope, this is purely about making the game appear successful at launch. Plain and simple. It's some pathetic quasi-marketing scheme because we assume less than 30% of the player-base has purchased the expansion and the launch is going to be pretty dismal with the few purchasers spread across multiple shards. Just go to the the beta server - it's mostly empty.
    I would be totally fine with Trion just saying that they're merging all the servers into one Megaserver. It's already a pretty common practice these days, and Rifts population is small enough for it to work, and work well. We've said many, many times that the Rift population appears to be shrinking so a server merge before the expansion would make a lot of sense, it gives them time to deal with all the technical issues it brings up before they release SFP. Hotfixing it in and moving people without their consent to a PvP server however is just out of order, especially if its from an RP realm. Those players are after a specific experience and changes like this can totally ruin it for them. The idea may have been well intentioned, however it's implemented in the worst way possible.

I think you're right, it's a way to trick newer players into thinking that Shards are much fuller than they really are. I notice it coincides with a marketing push for Rift too, so the timing leads me to believe that it's done to try get people to stick around long enough to buy the expansion. While I may have once given Trion the benefit of the doubt, the companies behaviour over the last 12 months has led me to reconsider.

The issue is you present your argument in a way to shut down even the possiability of reasoned discourse about these kinds of things. You know full well that you're doing it too, we end up with "debates" rather than Debates because of your input most of the time.

What you, and Trion too, seem to totally forget is that people criticise Dev decisions like this because they're passionate about Rift. They want it to be the best game it can be, they're not "attacking" it, they're voicing their opinions about a change they think is negative for the game as a whole. All you do by turning on these people is divide your community even further, you're driving away people who have just as much interest in seeing Rift succeed as you do.